Odyssey Metal X - Everything You Want To Know

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back with an all new episode this week as we talk with Odyssey Golf about their 2012 line and the innovation that is put into it.
This Episode Features:

What is Metal-X?
Is it being used on tour?
How do I figure out which one is right for me?
And much much more.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=16534

Thanks to Austy with Odyssey Golf for joining the show while GG preps for the outing! I appreciated the description of the Metal-X as I really had no idea it had both polymer & aluminum. I like the fact of trying to deliver us something that enhances the acoustic aspect of the putter as I like to use that in knowing how well I am rolling the ball.

I really did not realize just how much tour players had jumped into using these, impressive to say the least and quite telling how solid of a product this is.

Good dialogue about the fitting, crazy to think so many of us get fit for nearly every club except the putter when it is the club we use the most, without a doubt.

There has been lots of hype on the forum as of late about the Metal-X and combined with this show, I am really looking forward to hopefully rolling these at Grand Cypress next week.

Another great radio show THP - getting info directly from the OEM's better than anyone else does!!

"Good feel never gets old" Beyond the obvious punchline, this is what jumped out to me in the discussion. I am glad he openly said that old isnt necessarily bad, really gives him more credibility (IMO) than just praising the newest product line and saying it beats all other previous putters for all golfers. I would like to see a special pink finish for the breast cancer fundraising push, but I can see how expensive it would be to do a custom released like that.

Great show! I really like the feel of the Metal X. I rolled one the other day at Dick's and thought it had a nice feel to it. I am looking forward to getting one on the putting green at the outing next week.

That was a great show! Well done, guys! Glad to see a representative of an OEM who stands behind even their older product..."good feel never gets old..."

That was a fantastic interview. Going to listen to it again right now. I like when you interrupted him lol.

This is perfect. One of my groomsmen wants this putter for his wedding present and had no idea what model to get. Now I can relay this info to him - or he can sign up and see for himself!!! Thanks JB!

Interesting show today, it really highlights all the things that go into the design process. I think many people see these designers as mad scientists or marketeers who are just making a stab at something to sell. As we see here nothing could be further from the truth. Designing a "One Fits All" may be pretty impossible, but these guys are making a good stab at narrowing the lines.

Yet another great episode of ITR.

Thanks, really enjoyed listening to this. Big thanks to Austy from Odyssey for joining in and bringing the knowledge! I had no idea what the insert was made of up until now, and to hear him talk about how they try to evolve the product line was pretty cool.

Great interview. I love how he talked about the technical side of putting

Great radio show. I'm intrigued. And, just went to a couple websites and was surprised to see these priced @ $149. I gotta admit I was surprised at that (low) price point for all the technology packed in to these. Hopefully I can roll one after my lesson this afternoon.

I've had my eye on these for a while. i need to get out to the pro shop and find a better solution to my putting.
Hopefully this'll do the trick.

Great interview and tons of very solid information on this putter. I was absolutely floored with the feel when I rolled a few putts with it earlier this week. I can't wait until next week to get some work in with it on the practice green. PS- I loved you interrupting him a few times. Pretty funny.

JB, did you ever get into the Hot List discussion with Sean? You mentioned it a while ago, in the pod cast where you talked about the Queen B.

same here dude...I think one of these is going to end up in my MC bag for sure....

going to listen to the radio show now.....

Great interview and tons of very solid information on this putter. I was absolutely floored with the feel when I rolled a few putts with it earlier this week. I can't wait until next week to get some work in with it on the practice green. PS- I loved you interrupting him a few times. Pretty funny.

crap...my work blocks the new player....will have to tune in tonight then

Great show, I love hearing about this putter and it's technology. A metal X putter will definately be in my Morgan Cup Bag

Just confirmed GG has the Metal X line in lefty...Definitely rolling these this afternoon..

Glad you guys enjoyed the show. I enjoyed the info as well.

I've got to listen to this a bit later when I get back to my computer. I can't wait to hear about Metal X.

Great radio show. I'm intrigued. And, just went to a couple websites and was surprised to see these priced @ $149. I gotta admit I was surprised at that (low) price point for all the technology packed in to these. Hopefully I can roll one after my lesson this afternoon.

Just confirmed GG has the Metal X line in lefty...Definitely rolling these this afternoon..

I love an opportunity to multi-quote myself. Went to GG and rolled these for about half an hour. Fast forward to the good part-ordered a #1 in 33 inch before I left. LOVED this putter.

Listening right now . . .

Listening now! I have been very interested in these.

Excellent show with some timely information for me. Since putters will be the next thing on our order list, this couldn’t have come at a better time.

Back