Titleist - Who's the new face for them now?

I still like Titleists crew. Obviously they lost some big guns but they still have amazing talent gaming both balls and equipment. I also think with a good year Adam Scott would be a great face for their brand. He has a solid game, a great look, he's in his prime and he's well spoken.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357775880.857969.jpg

They don't need "A Face". They've got plenty.

He's the man ;)

I have $25 riding on him winning the 2013 Masters with one of our forum members here. DK is going to be so sad when Scottie is slipping on that green jacket. LOL.

And Titleist will still be just fine!

Not nearly as bad as Sergio throwing his iron in to a lake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did he?? I didn't see that. Might have been a tournament while I was at work.

They should have an equipment cup like they do the ryder cup. Have the big 6, Titleist, Nike, Taylormade, Cleveland, Callaway and Ping grab 5 or so their pro's and have some kind of ryder cup style competition. Probably an elimination style bracket tournament over the course of a week. That'd be pretty sweet

Did he?? I didn't see that. Might have been a tournament while I was at work.

Was in Thailand mid last year. Hit a tee shot in the water, hit his 3rd from tee well right of the green and in one foul swoop threw the 5i into the middle of the lake. It's on YouTube.
http://youtu.be/an3D2nbkWik

Dufner, Simpson, Adam Scott, Zach Johnson. Scott Stallings. I'm sure there will be others. Titleist has never really been a brand that hitched their rope to one staffer.
Agreed, and that group is still a good set of golfers.

They should have an equipment cup like they do the ryder cup. Have the big 6, Titleist, Nike, Taylormade, Cleveland, Callaway and Ping grab 5 or so their pro's and have some kind of ryder cup style competition. Probably an elimination style bracket tournament over the course of a week. That'd be pretty sweet

I would love to see that.

Was in Thailand mid last year. Hit a tee shot in the water, hit his 3rd from tee well right of the green and in one foul swoop threw the 5i into the middle of the lake. It's on YouTube.
http://youtu.be/an3D2nbkWik

Epic!! I can't believe I missed that......

:clapp:yes

So I was thinking about this and spoken to a lot of averagely obsessed golfers!lol
They've all agreed that they think Rory's failures this year have made them consider Titleist clubs to be even better than before. And they now predominantly feel that nikes clubs are not as good as Titleist.

Now for us, properly obsessed golfers, it's clear that Rory's swing is at fault and not the clubs.
I mean I've had Nike clubs in the past and they're great but to the general golfing public they now genuinely perceive Titleist to be even better than before.
I thought that was quite an interesting aspect of reverse marketing.

Yet a guy playing Nike equipment has won more tournaments than anybody else.

Yet a guy playing Nike equipment has won more tournaments than anybody else.

Sam Snead played Nike?????

Nike clubs have worked pretty well on tour this year.

Sam Snead played Nike?????

Clearly he was talking about Rory's play this year and the play overall this year.

Assumptions and conjecture are bread from lack of knowledge. We assume that Nike has to pay due to inferior equipment. And some assume that Titlesist is cheap and arrogant, they don't need to pay.
It comes down to personal choice on your and in the amateur ranks. People play what they want. Some pros chase the money out of need but the top guys play what they want and what works for them.
Admit it or not Rory was the face of Titleist. When he crushed that 340 three wood in charlotte, Titleist homers wanted it hell I wanted it. When Steve Striker won the John Deere I didn't google witb to seen what he was hitting. Didn't do it when Adam Scott won or when rickie fowler. Rory moved the needle for Titleist like no one else in their staff. Now they don't have that, just a stable of winners. Don they need a face, I think so the way marketing is working.

Even in the amateur ranks isn't title isn't easily accessible for college players? Via free golf balls to the coach and big discounts on equipment?

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

Clearly he was talking about Rory's play this year and the play overall this year.

Yeah, my bad, with Tiger getting close to the overall that was the 1st thing that popped in my head.

With the amount of turnover in the sponsorship market every year, I can only think of 3 people who are truly the face of a brand.

Tiger, Phil, Rickie, thats it. Hell I'd say Tom Watson is more the face that comes to mind the most for Adams.

Sergio, DJ for TM?
Lee, Bubba, Hunter for Ping?
Luke for Mizuno?
Keegan for Cleveland?

Yes that's true with Tiger but he hasn't made a recent switch so the average golfer isn't noticing an emphasis on tigers clubs. Rory is in the spotlight with his recent mega deal with Nike. Plus with the press trying to create a story they are seeming to make a big deal of the club switch relative to the drop in form.
I know Nike clubs are good, I'm talking about the average golfers view on the recent club switch.

Dufner, Simpson, Adam Scott, Zach Johnson. Scott Stallings. I'm sure there will be others. Titleist has never really been a brand that hitched their rope to one staffer.

Completely agree with this. Titleist definitely doesn't shell out the big contracts for the big names, with Rory being the latest example. They cut ties without a few golfers over the off-season (McIlroy, Watney and Stanley) so it will be interesting to see what new names they start to add.

I think anyone that really follows golf knew it was all in Ror's head the first week that he teed it up, when he bombed out and Thorbjorn who had just switched to the same clubs almost one it.

Back