Titleist - Who's the new face for them now?

MonkeyBoyUK

Reaction score
Handicap
As the title says...with Nike seemingly taken all but a few of Titleist's staffers, Rory toe was the face for Titleist through his success. I can only name Adam Scott as the potential replacement for the face of the company.

Am I way off the mark?

Dufner, Simpson, Adam Scott, Zach Johnson. Scott Stallings. I'm sure there will be others. Titleist has never really been a brand that hitched their rope to one staffer.

Dufner, Simpson, Adam Scott, Zach Johnson. Scott Stallings. I'm sure there will be others. Titleist has never really been a brand that hitched their rope to one staffer.

Couldn't have said it better myself. They are the best at highlighting and getting the most out of their sponsorships with ALL their players.

I always compare Titleist to Coca Cola. Coca Cola have a woman walk down the street in their commercials singing the theme song handing out their drink and they sell incredible amounts by doing this. Whilst TM/Nike are like Pepsi, throw money at big names and still don't crush Coca Cola in sales. Titleist do their thing and do it well!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I always compare Titleist to Coca Cola. Coca Cola have a woman walk down the street in their commercials singing the theme song handing out their drink and they sell incredible amounts by doing this. Whilst TM/Nike are like Pepsi, throw money at big names and still don't crush Coca Cola in sales. Titleist do their thing and do it well!!

Does Titleist lead in any catagory other than ball?

If I recall correctly, they had more PGA Tour wins than any other OEM for Driver last year.

I would not think so but my point is they don't always throw money at the big names or market like the others but they still sell lots of equipment

This is the first time in along time that I can remember not having a marquis player like a Rory, DL3, DD or Steve S.

I would not think so but my point is they don't always throw money at the big names or market like the others but they still sell lots of equipment

They may not have a high profile staff. But they do have a lot of staffers.

This is the first time in along time that I can remember not having a marquis player like a Rory, DL3, DD or Steve S.

Three of the top 11 in the world are Titleist staffers.

No big names, but really solid line-up still.

If I recall correctly, they had more PGA Tour wins than any other OEM for Driver last year.

That is correct...Titleist had 16 tour wins with their driver last year including 11 wins with the 913 D2/D3 driver....no other driver had more than 3 wins

That is correct...Titleist had 16 tour wins with their driver last year including 11 wins with the 913 D2/D3 driver....no other driver had more than 3 wins

Wow, that's quite the statistic

That is true, however I always found it odd that they combine their two lines and everybody else is separate. Nobody says RBZ and R11 combined, etc...Not sure it mattered last year of course, but just a random thought.

I couldn't agree more. Titleist lets their equipment doing the talking. Nike needs to have the worlds #1 and #3 in their stable because their gear is dog poop. Out of the 12+ guys I golf with regularly not a single one has a Nike club in their bag, pretty much every other brand is covered but not a single Nike.

I couldn't agree more. Titleist lets their equipment doing the talking. Nike needs to have the worlds #1 and #3 in their stable because their gear is dog poop. Out of the 12+ guys I golf with regularly not a single one has a Nike club in their bag, pretty much every other brand is covered but not a single Nike.

I wouldn't say that. I'd personally say it's more of an elitest attitude towards Nike that keeps a lot of people from playing their gear. I have a full bag of 14 from Nike, VRs woods/hybrids and VR pro cavity/wedges with a Method 003 putter. NONE of that gear is second rate and quite frankly it's the only gear I'll play aside from Titleist.

Aside from my 910, the VR tour driver is the best driver I've ever hit, dispersion was excellent, distance well, it has my longest drive to its credit.

Nike makes great gear, people just associate it with other sports or as a "not as good as" brand. I'm a Titleist homer through and through and don't apologize for it but Nike is my second choice.

I feel like Dufner and Webb are the face of Titleist.

I agree that Nike's clubs last year were pretty good. I like both Nike and Titleist and although Nike has a ways to go, it's a billion/trillion dollar company and they seemed much more focused on being one of the top golf equipment brands the last couple years.

Im not sure I understand this logic. Because they have top talent they are needy because their clubs aren't good, but Titleist (or any other company) paying more players than anybody else is doing it because their equipment is good?

If Nike gets more wins than anybody this year its because they had to go out and pay the best and if Titleist does, its because of their gear? They both pay players. Lots of them. In fact Titleist pays more players than any other company on the PGA Tour right now. Does that make them better? Worse? In my opinion neither. It has nothing to do with how good or bad a companies' equipment is.

I recently hit a VRS 3W and was very impressed by it. Definitely not dog poop.

This is so unbelievably short sided. Nike makes some great equipment and I don't happen to like any titleist clubs. Different strokes for different folks

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I like my Nike clubs a lot actually.

Whoa whoa jb. Calm down with the facts and logic.

I'd have to say Dufner and Adam Scott are the "face" of Titleist now. I know they don't have that marquis guy but they still have a solid group of staffers.

I'd have to say Dufner and Adam Scott are the "face" of Titleist now. I know they don't have that marquis guy but they still have a solid group of staffers.

Apparently, according to JB they pay the most staffers

I would say that not one person will be the face but collectively all their staffers will be & that's how pretty much every brand works except Nike.. which is going to be interesting to see how/who they use the most for marketing now

Back