Gravity Bike World Cup Series

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Was cleaning out some files while installing an SSD drive on my main system and found this from years ago. Something a little far out there as far as hobbies, but for a couple years three of us were really into it. There was a small venue at the Bronco's stadium and we got to talking with the news crew about what we were prepping for and they came out to do a piece on us.

Rich and myself decided we were going to try and qualify for the World Cup standings and headed out to California back in 2002. Was a great experience and we took first (Rich in yellow) and second place (Me in red/black). Granted there were only 4 people in our class, but was a great experience. There were quite a few people there in other classes such as the luge, downhill inline, longboards, and the fairing Gravity Bikes. They came from the UK, France and the US mostly what a great experience.

One of the guys had to back out due to running into one of the hay bales and breaking his leg. Here is a link to some of the pictures we took while out there. One of the pictures shows Matt's bike in the back of my truck, he was a crazy man and ranked number one in the fairing class. That bike was crazy built and so cool to ride in compared to our stock versions.

After seeing the guy break his leg, we decided we better start acting our age and never raced again. Probably better off with my son just being born the year before.

Anyways, just wanted to share a little hobby I had a few years ago and the video explains it better than words. Was fun while it lasted.

_IGSA Is the Worlds Sanctioning Body of Gravity Racing__Page_1.jpg

Dude that is awesome! It is great to se what other peoples hobbies are/were. We still need to meet up sometime to tee it up.

That's nucking futts!

Dude that is awesome! It is great to se what other peoples hobbies are/were. We still need to meet up sometime to tee it up.
Yes, yes we do!! How is the new office and beautiful location treating you?

That's nucking futts!
Tim, you are absolutely correct, but a whole lot of fun!

Wow that is crazy. Golf and Gravity Biking...both get that adrenaline pumping!

Thats really cool!

Everything has been going well. Starting to feel settled. I just treat he the video and people my sister lives on Lookout mountains and it is serious! I get nervous driving down it in my car.

So those were just BMX bikes with no cranks?

I would SO do that!

I raced BMX as a pre-teen; pretty damn good at it, too. This would have been on my list of must-do items big time.

Everything has been going well. Starting to feel settled. I just treat he the video and people my sister lives on Lookout mountains and it is serious! I get nervous driving down it in my car.

That's great to hear, going to have to get some time down there and tee it up!

Yep, pretty much a standard 20"BMX bike with a banana seat. I still have the wheels to mine but tossed the frame. Have to get a picture of them, they are titanium spokes and feather lite. A guy that was trying to invent a super slick oil gave us some to put in our hubs. I think he was going to call it rocket snot or something...lol.

I suck at BMX, but the other two guys were REALLY good! Have to find a video of me going over a camel back indo style and smashing my helmet and shoulder at the bottom. Actually beat the bike to the bottom...good times.

Back