Which Shoes Would You Choose

Del Mars have a pretty inconspicuous tread pattern compared to something like the FootJoy Street, Ecco Street, or Ashworth Cardiff. I've lost footing a handful of times when swinging a driver on wet ground with them. Never more than once a round though. I just decided I'd deal with that very occasional occurence because I can walk all day in them without foot pain.

Thats similar to me. They are just comfortable to walk in. Its why I opt for them more times then not.

i'll admit, i'm not a huge fan of Callaway Golf shoes...
but i do like the Del Mar in the White/Navy
and i also like the all black RAZR X

del mar would be my choice though...they look very comfortable.

Thats similar to me. They are just comfortable to walk in. Its why I opt for them more times then not.

The best test for a shoe is Demo Day at the outing. If I can make it through that without wanting to cut my legs off - the shoe is good.

The best test for a shoe is Demo Day at the outing. If I can make it through that without wanting to cut my legs off - the shoe is good.

Without a doubt.

Heck yeah it is. Same goes for apparel. Make it through that day feeling good and you are on to something

Without a doubt.

It separates the pack. FJ DryJoy Tours were a good shoe until the 2011 Outing. That day was hell.

I am very happy with the Xtreme. I just cannot get with the people who are crazy about the Del Mar (or other spikeless). I was relieved that Callaway went with any shoe other than the spikeless last year.

Who knows, I might have loved the Del Mars, because it seems that a lot of people have no problems with spikeless shoes. But being a little set in my ways, I prefer being able to replace the spikes.

I usually go against them in wet conditions, mostly because you get a lot of uneven lies on my course so slipping can be an issue. But majority of my rounds last year were played in street shoes.

Del Mars have a pretty inconspicuous tread pattern compared to something like the FootJoy Street, Ecco Street, or Ashworth Cardiff. I've lost footing a handful of times when swinging a driver on wet ground with them. Never more than once a round though. I just decided I'd deal with that very occasional occurence because I can walk all day in them without foot pain.

I've not had one slip issue with spikeless shoes. Slippage is not in my vocabulary

I would only worry about it on the tee box but Chunky said it is such a rare occurance, like you guys have just relayed (or never in Freddie's case) that it is a non-issue.

If you're losing balance that bad, it's probably a sign of some bad things anyway. Freddie doesn't and I have occasionally. Tells you all you need to know right there LOL.

Del Mar Tech for sure, either Navy or Brown they both look great!

That's a really nice lineup of shoes. I'd go with the Xtreme in the white/black color. I like the red accents in the design and the shoe looks like it has a great arch support.

I am very happy with the Xtreme. I just cannot get with the people who are crazy about the Del Mar (or other spikeless). I was relieved that Callaway went with any shoe other than the spikeless last year.

Who knows, I might have loved the Del Mars, because it seems that a lot of people have no problems with spikeless shoes. But being a little set in my ways, I prefer being able to replace the spikes.

Yeah I am with you Smalls I prefer the feel of spiked shoes probably will never go spikeless

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you're losing balance that bad, it's probably a sign of some bad things anyway. Freddie doesn't and I have occasionally. Tells you all you need to know right there LOL.

Well, we've played enough together for you to know that I will occasionally (leave it alone..haha) swing out of my shoes on the tee box.

I really enjoyed the extreme shoes that we got last year

Very true. Last year I went to demo day sporting a brand new pair of "street" shoes--Adidas I think--and within 20 minutes had to walk back to the villa to change shoes. I won't make that mistake again!

That's a really nice lineup of shoes. I'd go with the Xtreme in the white/black color. I like the red accents in the design and the shoe looks like it has a great arch support.

That is something I don't worry too much about because the first thing I do with shoes is rip out the insides and put in orthotics

Well, we've played enough together for you to know that I will occasionally (leave it alone..haha) swing out of my shoes on the tee box.

Maybe every now and then lol

Very true. Last year I went to demo day sporting a brand new pair of "street" shoes--Adidas I think--and within 20 minutes had to walk back to the villa to change shoes. I won't make that mistake again!

I don't know what it is, but the range at Demo Day is foot suicide.

Razr X white looks nice to me. Simple and clean.

Mine usually happens when I have a severe uphill and sidehill lie, which can happen on about 13 holes on my home course. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it's wet that's where it happens.

I had 1 slip at the Morgan Cup, on the tee box hole 3(par3) at true blue. I can't remember which round it was. It really didn't effect the shot but I lost my back foot when swinging through.

Del Mars tech.

I don't remember this, hehehe.

Whatever shoe they gave us last year. It was extremely comfortable

Back