The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try a toe putt next time you have a fast down hill putt. you have to grip it a little tighter so the toe does open but put a normal stroke and it will control the spead of the down hiller
I only do it as an experiment of sorts. Not for actual strategy while playing.

Try a toe putt next time you have a fast down hill putt. you have to grip it a little tighter so the toe does open but put a normal stroke and it will control the spead of the down hiller
I still have yet to try this after you showed me at GC. One of those things I had never heard before you spoke it.

I've used that technique since the late 90s and it works. I'm sure I'll be using it this weekend on some of those putts
I still have yet to try this after you showed me at GC. One of those things I had never heard before you spoke it.

I certainly will give it a try. Thanks.

This seems like such good advice. I am going to practice this because downhill putts are my nemesis

I am speechless after reading this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../16/gIQA92BeTU_blog.html?wprss=rss_ezra-klein

Getting a medical degree is not easy: It requires 10 years of medical education and 16,000 hours of clinical experience to get certified to provide treatment. Even so, most of us think we can make equally as good diagnoses as our doctors—as long as we have a little help from Google.

A Wolters Kluwer poll out this morning finds that not only are most consumers turning to the Internet to answer medical questions, but that they also put strong faith in their own diagnosis. Among college educated Americans, 63 percent say they have “never” misdiagnosed themselves. Add in those who have say they’ve “rarely” made a wrong call and the number jumps up to 84 percent.

As for why all the Googling? About one-third of Americans say it has to do with access issues, and not wanting to wait to see a doctor, while another 23 percent argue that they can do just as good, if not better, than their physician in figuring out what ails them.

Among those who do self-diagnosis, not everyone will head to a doctor for a second (or, really, first) opinion: 23 percent of those surveyed indicate they do not discuss their self diagnosis with their doctor.

Unfortunately, this poll does not have information on the accuracy of self-diagnoses, whether the 63 percent who are certain they cracked their medical case actually did. If they do tend to be right though, that might be one step towards holding down health care costs, with individuals doing a bit more of the legwork before taking a trip to the doctor’s office.

Web-MD and the like are so insane. You can literally go there and start off with pain in your finger and end up thinking you have cancer. Just go to the doctor.

Ive been using this tip for a lot of my downhill putts, and have to say that I really like it. Helps me from blowing the ball by the hole.

JN.. That is insane. Zero maintenance as well ?!?!?

TACO LOBO... that is all!

Ya you can make crazy money in the oil fields but you just come home with a drug problem and a big truck.

Hey jersey Nate yesterday was Korean and today can you guess what I'm having?

It starts with the best coffee on earth.
d15b6bb4-1064-b8c3.jpg

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

True stories. He's a site manager or something like that, was telling me how with the company he is with because of the drug problems out there, they perform drug test every 10-20 days. As for big trucks, already have those here haha.

I have a feeling that it will be very quiet around here this weekend...with the exception being the banter thread late night...can't wait to see the drunk posts in here, LOL.

I have a feeling that it will be very quiet around here this weekend...with the exception being the banter thread late night...can't wait to see the drunk posts in here, LOL.
Very true there. The banter thread will become epic.

It'll be up to the rest of us to keep other discussions chugging along while we wallow in depression for not being at the outing! LOL

It'll be up to the rest of us to keep other discussions chugging along while we wallow in depression for not being at the outing! LOL
Right there with you guys

No kidding. I do have my match with my neighbor to look forward to tomorrow evening, but yeah, there will be a bit of a depressed air here, LOL...

No kidding. I do have my match with my neighbor to look forward to tomorrow evening, but yeah, there will be a bit of a depressed air here, LOL...

1) Kick ass in that matchup.

2) With my wife about to finally be making money as she goes into residency, I vow not to miss the next outing. I've got all permissions taken care of and sick days will be saved. It will happen and hopefully you'll be there too JN.

2) With my wife about to finally be making money as she goes into residency, I vow not to miss the next outing. I've got all permissions taken care of and sick days will be saved. It will happen and hopefully you'll be there too JN.

I plan on being there next year, for sure.

LOL at sick days being saved. I know the feeling man. My wife finished all her rotations, internships, residency, boards, etc back in January. Needless to say, I like waking up in the morning on the 15th & 30th of every month. Also needless to say, I hate looking at loan statements :bomb:

LOL at sick days being saved. I know the feeling man. My wife finished all her rotations, internships, residency, boards, etc back in January. Needless to say, I like waking up in the morning on the 15th & 30th of every month. Also needless to say, I hate looking at loan statements :bomb:

Haha, her loan statements have taken my loan depression to a whole new level...I only THOUGHT I had alot of loans out for my college. LOL

Btw.. I lost to my buddy by 2 last weekend who got me started.. He gained 6 strokes on me in the last 4 holes too.. I was a still a good day though

Haha, her loan statements have taken my loan depression to a whole new level...I only THOUGHT I had alot of loans out for my college. LOL

LOL thats the truth. That was a wedding gift I never wanted to see & wanted to return. It makes my ho'ing of golf equipment look minimal. "Honey this isnt even the amount we'll pay in interest on your loans this month"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back