What's the most holes you've played with one ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it 13 holes recently with an e6. That's alot for me on a course with lots of trees, water, and fugly deep rough. Couple notes on the ball; They don't sidespin too badly so they aren't as likely to banana, and they hold up pretty well to almost a full round. When I lost that ball it still looked pretty good, even after 10 chips/short iron shots. I think it had one small, serious skuff. Probably from my non-conforming SW. :)

Thanks everyone. I consider what I did probably a once in a lifetime deal. So the ball will be proudly presented on my desk at work.

~Rock

Farthest I've gone with a ball is about 18 holes, only because most balls get torn up after a full round (although I have played a Pro V1x for 32 consecutive holes... at which point there was more scuff than cover). I've gone pretty far with Bridgestone e5s though, about 3 rounds before they were unplayable. Never ever scuffed an NXT Tour though, those things are durable as ****

probably 4 or 5 full rounds.. when i start a round i just grab the nicest ball i have and use that, so sometimes i pick balls i've used before and not.

Just thought I'd share. 100 consecutive holes! The ball is officially retired, and I will never do that again. Any sandy brown marks aren't dirt, that's where the cover flaked away.

7203994208_88ab7af2b1.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

7203983422_315f7ecc28.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

7203973694_e17a4d9a11.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

7203940332_6abd9e6932.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

~Rock

holy crap, that's almost 6 hole rounds 0.0
congrats dude, congrats.

I'm guessing 18 for me. Played a few rounds without losing a ball and never tried to carry it over. As soon as I worry about losing a nicer ball it is gone. I can't seem to lose the junk balls in my bag though.

4 rounds with a TM Penta last year.

I don't know. There is a large box of "retired" balls in my garage. When a ball gets beaten up to a certain point it gets tossed in that box.

I have no idea, considering that anytime I think to myself "I haven't lost this ball for x many holes" my next stroke invariably sends it to an arboreal grave.

I have no idea, considering that anytime I think to myself "I haven't lost this ball for x many holes" my next stroke invariably sends it to an arboreal grave.

^^^This

I've been rocking the same B330-S for the last 30 holes.. I hope this streak continues, with only a couple of marks on it so far!!

About 5 rounds on a few occasions, right before the cover starts to wear off some I have to change it out so I have never gone much past that.

I've gone four rounds with the same ball. Ita unusual for sure, but sometimes you keep it dry and findable. However, it's demise was rather ironic...it split on a rock....in the fairway.

5 holes

I played 29 holes with one ball yesterday. I didn't realize it until I went to clean it and noticed it was quite worn.

What happened? I made the comment to the group that it was the longest I have ever used one ball. Then what? Snap hooked my tee shot in the water. Jinxed myself.

I've been rocking the same B330-S for the last 30 holes.. I hope this streak continues, with only a couple of marks on it so far!!

Lost this one after 64 holes this afternoon... By that time, I'd had enough of it anyways haha!

Not the most but I played all 18 on the North/South today with the same ball.

One Ball the entire round?

One Ball the entire round?

So I was wondering how many of you have made it through an entire 18 holes with the same ball you started out with?

I played 2 rounds on Saturday last week (awesome day! The girlfriend was out of town!) and on the second round I decided to go with a yellow bridgestone e6 that I had found in the 1st round. I made it with that ball for 14 holes! That's the longest I've gone with a single ball. The frustraing part was that I lost the ball on a par 4 when I drove the ball about 240 yards with my 3 wood about 5 yards off the fairway :banghead:. No trees around just really tall rough. I wish every golf course had spotters so that would never happen.

Anyways, that is going to be my goal for this weekend. How long can I go with my Titleist NXT tour? If I make it, I'm going to frame that sucker!

I played 36 last weekend with one ball. Sadly, there is no correlation to that and my score. That ball took quite a few shots.

I played the North South last weekend with 1 ball. Think I played the new with the same as well.

Saturday afternoon I was not so lucky hehe

I've got a Penta that I've used for 5 of the 7 weeks of my club's Tuesday 9 hole scramble. This past week I switched to a yellow Bridgestone 330 RX and it went swimming (they love water for some reason) on the last tee shot, so I brought out the old faithful Penta and used it to drain the putt for my team.

100 holes is incredible.. I can't even imagine avoiding trouble for that much time!!

no kidding, I struggle to keep the same ball 1 round...hell on thursday at the new course I hit into the water that I didnt know was there on the 1st hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back