What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
84 (40/44).

3-over on the first 8 with a birdie on the par five 4th hole. 3-over on the last 7, with a birdie on the par four 18th.

Had a double on 9 (par 4) with a three putt, a triple on the par 5 10th, and a triple on the par 3 11th. So 8-over on 3 holes, 6-over on 15 holes.

Blow up holes continue to kill me.

Great round Smally, going lower and lower.

45 at one course in another zip code, 104 at my course in my own zip code. It was a tale of two Jeff's today. I am not even going to get into it, because it's just going to piss me off. I am walking away from golf for a week or two because I am at the edge of my sanity with this asinine freaking game.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Shot 41 40 81 total today on a championship course iv never played before hit the ball realy well especially long irons! One poor tee shot with the hybrid and one with the driver on the front 9 hurt and dumping a ball in te lake on a par three on the back didn't help but did smash a 3 wood 240 over a lake and bunker to about 10 feet 2 put birdie smily face!

Golf is such a weird game...

Because of full time work I am only able to get out once a weekend or maybe twice as opposed to my 6 rounds a week last year. I played the game 2 weekends ago and couldn't for the life of me even get the ball off the ground. I was topping drives, slicing, and snap hooking the ball. I vowed to quit golf for as long as I could and not go back because I just had no interest.

I got a text from a few buddies wanting to go out last weekend and I thought I'd go just to have fun and have a couple beers. Well I went out and shot a 77. I didn't strike the ball that well but I feel like I just stayed away from trouble. I shot a +5 41 on the front and rallied for a 36 (+1) on the back 9 that included 2 birdies. On the 18th hole I hit driver (which isn't needed at all) and I went right over the bush and onto the road entrance way to the course. It must have hit the road and bounced up because I was about pin high on the 330 yard hole just in the rough behind some trees. I hit a small 7 iron chip that bounced once off the road and rolled down to a foot to the cup for a tap in birdie. I feel I scored well because I didn't have a single double bogey or a 3 putt.

Only had time for 9 today Scrambled my way to a 38. This has been an up and down road for me this year.

Tapaway!

83 yesterday and 75 today. Yesterday, NOTHING worked for me. I had 35 putts and couldn't hit anything off the tee. I kept drawing the ball WAY too much and ending up in trees and had to scramble out of everything. About the 14th hole my Dad says to me, "Your stance is really closed is today, why?" I pulled my left foot back and even opened my stance slightly. BOOM! my next drive was bombed down the center with my slight draw. All of my issues off the tee were gone for the round but my irons continue to kill me.

My 75 today was awesome! No doubles, 6 bogies and 2 birdies. 4 of my 6 bogies came in the last 6 holes after we had been on the course for over 4 hours at this point! I hit the driver well all day and just missed my approach shots. I HATE my irons anymore. They aren't fit to my swing at all and I have to constantly change my swing to hit them. I really wish the "boss" would let me get some new TaylorMade MB irons! I ended up with 31 putts today and was happy overall. I can't stand slow groups though that hold up everybody else! What I hate even more is that the course didn't do a thing about it. Multiple people called and complained and yet no marshal ever showed up to move them along. They were over 2 holes behind all day. I tend to lose interest and focus after the 4.5 hour mark.

Played this afternoon and got off to a bad start with double, bogey, double, par and TRIPLE...ugh...really stepped back and made myself swing about 85% the rest of the round...made 3 straight pars to finish the front, then made 3 pars and 2 birdies on the back 9 for 45/39 to shoot 84!

I was really happy with the back side..I actually lipped out a another birdie and left another par about 2 inches short...so it could have been a 37.

94, I 50/45 It was a long painfully hot day! but I only sliced two drives today and my average drive was about 270, today my short game was not existent. I guess that's what happens when you play without wedges hahah

86. 47-39 today. Front wasn't as bad as it that looks. Had an 8 on a par 4 (bunker to bunker to bunker with a drop AHHHH) and another 3 pelenty strokes. If it wasn't for the blow up hole it would have been a decent round. Game is starting to come around. And played 3 holes in the rain. All in all not a bad day. Now just keep it going in this direction.

87 today. I was surprised to run in to a pretty full course on a Wednesday afternoon but the weather was perfect.

Played today...played like crap. Shot a 77 that felt like a 90. I shot +5 (42) on the front and E (35) on the back. I hit 10/18 greens, 10/14 fairways, and had 33 putts today.

I shot a 43 (+8) with 5 pars, a 3 putt bogey, 2 doubles, and a triple. Just wow. I hit it so well for all but that 3 hole stretch (triple, double, double). Disappointed.

Played today...played like crap. Shot a 77 that felt like a 90. I shot +5 (42) on the front and E (35) on the back. I hit 10/18 greens, 10/14 fairways, and had 33 putts today.

I wish my 90 felt like a 77 hahah, That's incredible

I wish my 90 felt like a 77 hahah, That's incredible

Haha I sometimes get those rounds where I feel like I'm doing everything wrong, and I look at my score on the 18th green and realize I kept everything pretty well in check. I missed a couple easy birdie putts on the back, as well as an easy par putt on 7. Plus I bogied the par 5 first hole, which was stupid.

75 yesterday, +3. Great iron play squandered by not converting and sloppy short game. MC by a couple of strokes.

carded a 39 (+4) last night. started out poor. double, bogey, bogey...then parred out.

Hopefully my score will make everyone else feel better - I shot 108 today hahaha...wahhh. It was the first time I have accurately tracked everything (this is only my second year playing and about 6th time out). Two things that influenced my score - slice (lost 16 balls) and short game. I have been getting better with my slice (at least I know what it is now).

Anyhoo, two things I felt good about: par on two holes and two great "on the green" shots: One was only two shots on a dog-leg 405 yard hole and the other was one tee shot onto the green on 222 yard hole. Still took mew two more putts, but that is another story. I did have fun though!

Cheers,
Matt

Today I played a course I haven't played before but I really enjoyed it as the course was links and on the side of a hill. Shot a 92, 43 out 49 in. I was happy with how I was stricking the ball. My putting really killed me today as they were quite slow.

Pars - 5
+1 - 8
+2 - 4
+3 - 0
+4 - 1 Lost a ball off the tee and duffered my second off the tee, It didn't help that it was the index one par 4 428 yards uphill.

Last edited:
I BROKE 120 for the 1st time today!!!

Shot a 116 for 18 holes... I'm giddy with excitement :) All my range practice is paying off.

I managed to 2 putt all but 4 holes... My pitching got me into most trouble. Next practice - pitching & putting.

This girl is getting better guys!

Shot a 116 for 18 holes... I'm giddy with excitement :) All my range practice is paying off.

I managed to 2 putt all but 4 holes... My pitching got me into most trouble. Next practice - pitching & putting.

CONGRATS Spazz!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the personal best Spazz!!

Today, I shot a 37/39 for 76. Coupled with the 75 I dropped on Tuesday, My handicap is now at 5.8, making me officially a low handicapper. Now, if only I could get the 6 (par 5) on 18 outta my head.....oh yeah, 30 putts.

Nicely done! Chipping almost always gets me in trouble... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back