Finding the right Driver for me

SimonP

Reaction score
Handicap
First time to this forum, looks great! I'm just coming back to golf after some time off. I'm an athletic person, probably abouta bogie game, and am in the market for a new driver. I tend to slice off the tee...are there any Drivers on the market that can help with this?

Welcome to the Forum. What kind of driver are you swinging now? Have you ever gone in for a fitting or anything like that?

The best thing to do is get fit for the right driver for you. The best way to get rid of a slice is take lessons and find out what is causing it. Welcome to THP!

I have a Callaway Big Bertha...I really like the feel of it. Reg. shaft. Never been fitted

You may want to look into a shaft fitting if nothing else. If you are seeing a consistent slice with the regular shaft I woulld think something stiffer would help, unless you are just coming completely over the top.

Best thing I can suggest before you do anything is to make a decision on whether you want to shell out on a new driver and possibly see very little difference against the cost of 2 or 3 lessons to point you in the right direction to fix your slice in the first place.

If its not a serious issue and a slice is just your "miss" every once in a while then I would look at something like the Callaway Razr fit or R11/R11s. I brought the Razr fit to help balance out my natural shot shape which for a long time was a fade. I currently have the face set to closed, and the 12g weight in the heel.

Works nicely for me and has given me a huge amount of confidence on the tee.

Welcome to THP, you'll find a ton of info to help!!!

:welcome: Simon, you have come to the right place. Lots of good info here.

You are in the right place. Many of us have different levels of knowledge about different drivers irons putters etc. You will find a wealth of valuable information on here. Plus everyone is really nice and willing to help anytime they can.

WELCOME, Si!

Congrats on asking this question for the first time, this is my first post too....I find when I purchase a new driver it take time to know how the club is going to react, that being said there are more problems with the mechanics then the equipment. I driver can give you confidence but, the answer to your question is super complicated. I will tell you, I have hit lots of drivers by all manufactures and hands down Callaway has the best drivers!

Welcome buddy to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome, lots of options to help a slice. Check out the adjustable options to allow you to tweak it as you improve.

Welcome to the forum, it's been said... Recommendations to invest your money in a few lessons, then go after the new boom stick. Welcome to THP

My advice would be spend a bit on finding out what is causing the slice! Maybe even post a video on the pro forum here, those guys will get you on the right path..welcome to THP by the way

Welcome to the site! I would try to figure out what in your swing is fixing the slice, and work on that. And when you do get a new driver, try a bunch and, if possible, get fitted.

Back