Vokey Wedge Works

Keehno

Reaction score
Handicap
Whiskey
http://www.vokey.com/wedgeworks/default.aspx

This is an awesome website that I recently stumbled upon. Not only does Bob Vokey offer custom wedges, but you can send your stock wedge to him to be refurbished and/or personalized for very reasonable prices. My current Vokey is only about a year old, but I will definitely take advantage of these services once it starts showing some wear.

If anyone has used this service, I would love to hear about your experience .

Last edited:
Not a bad list of services at all. Being in the Morgan Cup, I just got to experience this one and it blew me away.

www.mycustomwedge.com

I actually think the interface for personalization is significantly better than the other one.

LOL, and I personally feel that 588 wedges >>>> Any Vokey.

I haven't had a ton of experience with the 588's and I'm by no means a Titleist fan but I think the Vokey wedges are great. They actually perform as well as the hype as opposed to most Titleist offerings. The prices are actually somewhat in line as well as opposed to mass produced 400$ "boutique" putters hehe.

Man, I love my Vokey. It's awesome. I'll have to look at the prices for sending it in.

I can't comment. I've never tried any Cleveland products. I just think that it's very cool that Titleist/Vokey offer these services.

I can't comment. I've never tried any Cleveland products. I just think that it's very cool that Titleist/Vokey offer these services.

It's incredibly cool. No doubt about it.

I think it is too. As I said above, I think customization is very cool on clubs, I just prefer the site that Cleveland uses for their customization. Its far more user friendly and offers a visual that is quite cool.

do they actually freshen the grooves up or just clean and paint?

I think it is too. As I said above, I think customization is very cool on clubs, I just prefer the site that Cleveland uses for their customization. Its far more user friendly and offers a visual that is quite cool.

i can agree with that i just tried it and was able to add some cool UF colors to it ...maybe if you bring some 588's to texas i can test them out and switch from vokeys.. hint hint

ok i guess i never paid attention to it but scratching my head now.. there is a sticker on my wedge that says assembled in china. shaft usa / head china. so how does bob vokey get away with having this statement on his website?

On every wedge I grind, shape and put my name on, my goal is to create a scoring tool that is unmatched in terms of looks, feel and performance.

ok i guess i never paid attention to it but scratching my head now.. there is a sticker on my wedge that says assembled in china. shaft usa / head china. so how does bob vokey get away with having this statement on his website?

Because he is the designer. He shapes and grinds every wedge in the design phase, then sends the proto off to be made in the masses.

I was in a group for one of my classes with someone who's related to Bob Vokey

Sorry for bumping a rather older thread, but didn't want to start a new one for the same thing. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it like the OP stated? I really want to get my initials stamped in with the "snow" effect.

Sorry for bumping a rather older thread, but didn't want to start a new one for the same thing. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it like the OP stated? I really want to get my initials stamped in with the "snow" effect.

i have thought about it but honestly after going custom with my 588s this past year i don't think its worth the money i spent. i only got 1 year out of them and they need to be replaced although i'll always keep them as a keepsake i just don't think spending close to 250 for a single wedge is worth it anymore although it was really cool. i just bought 2 Vokeys for $210 so i think thats the route i will be going with from here on out. and the SM4s are some amazing wedges i have been really impressed so far with them.

i have thought about it but honestly after going custom with my 588s this past year i don't think its worth the money i spent. i only got 1 year out of them and they need to be replaced although i'll always keep them as a keepsake i just don't think spending close to 250 for a single wedge is worth it anymore although it was really cool. i just bought 2 Vokeys for $210 so i think thats the route i will be going with from here on out. and the SM4s are some amazing wedges i have been really impressed so far with them.

Definitely! I had the 09 Vokeys, with the red background on the saw blade but gave them to my dad and upgraded to the SM4's. The snow effect on their website didn't appear to be that much, I think only $15-$20 a club plus shipping, so it's not horribly expensive, but like you said is it really worth it.

I thought it would be cool but I go through wedges once a year so I don't think so. The vokey is 235 before shipping. Cleveland is the same way. It was honestly $250 a wedge. Cool yeah def but for a year and now it's gonna sit in my basement. Dunno if it was worth the extra cash. Guys who were in the Morgan cup that got them can remember the Morgan cup with them for sure. That's awesome but mine are just stuff I thought looked cool with my name on them. I can't say I'd never do it again but prob not anytime soon.

I thought it would be cool but I go through wedges once a year so I don't think so. The vokey is 235 before shipping. Cleveland is the same way. It was honestly $250 a wedge. Cool yeah def but for a year and now it's gonna sit in my basement. Dunno if it was worth the extra cash. Guys who were in the Morgan cup that got them can remember the Morgan cup with them for sure. That's awesome but mine are just stuff I thought looked cool with my name on them. I can't say I'd never do it again but prob not anytime soon.

You make a very strong and valid point. Hmmmm.

How do you guys go through wedges in a year? That's crazy.

How do you guys go through wedges in a year? That's crazy.

I definitely do not. If I did I'd probably ship em to the wedge works to get them refurbished. I'm cheap. LOL.

Lots of it but with the Vokeys being cast I would think theyd last longer.

guess time will tell..... i do like the weight of them very heavy. love that!

The one time I hit one compared to my 588s I thought they felt harsh

The one time I hit one compared to my 588s I thought they felt harsh

i dont think that at all. i think they are pretty close to be honest biggest difference for me was the weight.

Back