The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

Sweet! The whole forum has been anticipating this!

First round match-ups will be announced tonight!!
I had to go back a few pages to find this but this is awesome. I can't wait to hear who I get to play with from Team THP and who gets to feel our wrath!

I'm going crazy with anticipation! Can't wait to see who I get to enjoy the first round with. It will be a pleasure and a blast no matter what!

Just like everyone else, I am very excited for the announcement tonight. Can't wait to see the lineups.

For us spectators... Start naming the favorite ;)

46fd8194-efe6-46ff.jpg

For us spectators... Start naming the favorite ;)

46fd8194-efe6-46ff.jpg

Nice work Spazz! I love it! I'd love it more if you checked team paradise though haha

That announcement is gonna be epic tonight!

Sent from my iPhone

I haven't made my choice, but I thought I'd make something fun for everyone to use as a ballot. Not the best artwork but it'll do :)

So, copy it to your images - check or color in your choice, then upload your copy to the thread.

If the mod wants to move the ballots to a "Team vote" thread, that's cool if you don't want this thread cluttered.

Looking forward to the Matchups! Cant wait to see who will be coming off the course defeated with tears at the hands of team THP.

Im kind of shocked (and saddened) that we have not heard from everybody since the match ups were announced. We will not turn this into a "where is this person" rant, but post outing, and 1st foursomes announced and not a peep. Im taking myself away from the Team THP captain for a second and going to stand on a ranting soap box. If the Morgan Cup is too much hassle for a participant to make 10 posts every few days, there is a problem. Right now its a "me" problem, because my wife is the one that has to deal with it behind the scenes, but if things don't change it will be a "You" problem and that is a promise at this point.

I will not have something that took this long to plan go away because people are too busy (dont care). Life gets in the way and we all respect and understand that, and due to those things feel as though we have given plenty of latitude in that regards. But when it starts to have an impact on the rest of the participants and whether or not the Morgan Cup can happen again, that is where actions will be taken.

This is not a post to call anybody out. Its not a post to have people pile on anyone. Its a post that has to be made so people understand the struggles that go into putting on an event like this and the importance of participation. Nobody has ever said one must be talking trash or creating videos. However to be a participant, one must be present on the forum and while I figured as much was implied, clearly it was not. So consider this post that message. If someone can't be part of the THP forum, then THP will find someone that can be, which I am sure will not be too much trouble.

Rant Over (for now).

That stinks JB. I hope they come back around soon and I didn't expect this to happen again. I personally think people need to be around just supporting their sponsor company.

Tapatalkin

I love these matchups, freaking awesome. I keep going over them in my head and can see a few going either way. I think they will all be close, but man I would hate to see TourMex & TC on the other side of the first tee box.

We are intimidating.

JB, read your post. Sucks that you even had to write it. Never in my wildest imagination would I think that a Morgan Cupper would have to be told to be more active.

You made one really good point though, it won't be hard to find replacement(s).

I love these matchups, freaking awesome. I keep going over them in my head and can see a few going either way. I think they will all be close, but man I would hate to see TourMex & TC on the other side of the first tee box.

Yoccos and TC is a brutal pairing. I wouldn't mind playing them though. After 12 holes I shake their hands and drink my sorrows away lol

Chunky, you need to focus on deano.

I'm focused big fella. It's the matchup I wanted. I feel it's the best matchup of the first round. I won't shy away from putting myself out there dude. That is what I consider fun

Im kind of shocked (and saddened) that we have not heard from everybody since the match ups were announced. We will not turn this into a "where is this person" rant, but post outing, and 1st foursomes announced and not a peep. Im taking myself away from the Team THP captain for a second and going to stand on a ranting soap box. If the Morgan Cup is too much hassle for a participant to make 10 posts every few days, there is a problem. Right now its a "me" problem, because my wife is the one that has to deal with it behind the scenes, but if things don't change it will be a "You" problem and that is a promise at this point.

I will not have something that took this long to plan go away because people are too busy (dont care). Life gets in the way and we all respect and understand that, and due to those things feel as though we have given plenty of latitude in that regards. But when it starts to have an impact on the rest of the participants and whether or not the Morgan Cup can happen again, that is where actions will be taken.

This is not a post to call anybody out. Its not a post to have people pile on anyone. Its a post that has to be made so people understand the struggles that go into putting on an event like this and the importance of participation. Nobody has ever said one must be talking trash or creating videos. However to be a participant, one must be present on the forum and while I figured as much was implied, clearly it was not. So consider this post that message. If someone can't be part of the THP forum, then THP will find someone that can be, which I am sure will not be too much trouble.

Rant Over (for now).
That is something that had come across my mind as well, and was worded perfectly, JB. I will not expand on it, as my rant is not needed in here. Just wanted to say thanks for posting what a lot of us have been thinking.

Not a pile on or call out but I will say a few things:

- I am sorry that Morgan is having to deal with issues behind the scenes. A truly incredible experience has been made available to us and it is not fair that this is an issue that has to be dealt with.
- This is the second go around of the Morgan Cup and I believe the expectations regarding forum participation were understood by all. It should NOT have to be spelt out to us........unfortunate and very sad.

That is something that had come across my mind as well, and was worded perfectly, JB. I will not expand on it, as my rant is not needed in here. Just wanted to say thanks for posting what a lot of us have been thinking.

Not a pile on or call out but I will say a few things:

- I am sorry that Morgan is having to deal with issues behind the scenes. A truly incredible experience has been made available to us and it is not fair that this is an issue that has to be dealt with.
- This is the second go around of the Morgan Cup and I believe the expectations regarding forum participation were understood by all. It should NOT have to be spelt out to us........unfortunate and very sad.

I know it has been talked about behind the scenes and I know that many on the forum are having some issues with it. We know people get caught up in life. We know that things such as health, jobs and many other things get in the way and we 1000% respect that. If we were dealing with an isolated incident then it would be brushed aside, but ongoing issues with participation should not be something that comes up in the Morgan Cup. Nobody has ever said that someone has to post 50 times a day. However I don't think its a lot to ask to have the wonderful members of the THP Forum know who the participants are. Eventually there comes a point in time, when you can no longer deal with complaints and suggestions from those around you and actions have to be taken. I truly hope we are not at that point, because I believe this can be rectified with little effort. But the key word there is effort.

There is no way I will let an event like this go downhill or leave the sponsors and forum members unfulfilled due to the lack of actions by an individual or select few. The work that has been done by my wife, the participants and the entire forum is just too great to see that happen.

Not to be a hard a$$, though I have been known to on occasion, but the participation includes a contractual agreement with the sponsors on top of the THP commitment, therefore treat it as such.

Call the no-shows (being better than an email) to make sure nothing unfortunate has happened "life-wise" and to remind the, of the commitment made. If the person cannot verbally re-commit, pull them and move the next qualified THPer into their spot.

A pain for Morgan I know, but a lesser pain than having to wait until the very last minute and do the shuffle.

JB, you and Morgan are just too derned nice... For which we are eternally grateful, but sometimes you gotta send out the pit bull.

I know it has been talked about behind the scenes and I know that many on the forum are having some issues with it. We know people get caught up in life. We know that things such as health, jobs and many other things get in the way and we 1000% respect that. If we were dealing with an isolated incident then it would be brushed aside, but ongoing issues with participation should not be something that comes up in the Morgan Cup. Nobody has ever said that someone has to post 50 times a day. However I don't think its a lot to ask to have the wonderful members of the THP Forum know who the participants are. Eventually there comes a point in time, when you can no longer deal with complaints and suggestions from those around you and actions have to be taken. I truly hope we are not at that point, because I believe this can be rectified with little effort. But the key word there is effort.

There is no way I will let an event like this go downhill or leave the sponsors and forum members unfulfilled due to the lack of actions by an individual or select few. The work that has been done by my wife, the participants and the entire forum is just too great to see that happen.

I, too, am saddened by this...as Spazz has said, isn't there a contractual obligation to all MC participants about their responsibilities toward this event? It doesn't seem very difficult to post their thoughts...even a few times a day. As a guy who hopes to have the chance at a future Morgan Cup, I really don't want this event jeopardized by this issue. You both have worked WAY too hard for this to happen!

I have to apologize for not being on when they were announced. I have no excuse. but, I am here today and in full force! haha

I am looking forward to this match. I always play better when I am playing against skilled golfers and I think think this match will go down to the wire. Maybe even some extra holes.

I am looking forward to this match. I always play better when I am playing against skilled golfers and I think think this match will go down to the wire. Maybe even some extra holes.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think there are extra holes in the Saturday matches, the matches would be halved if they are tied after 18. I do wonder if there would be a tiebreaker in place for Sunday.

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think there are extra holes in the Saturday matches, the matches would be halved if they are tied after 18. I do wonder if there would be a tiebreaker in place for Sunday.

Makes sense but I wasn't sure. I does make your decisions on 18 a bit tougher. Kind of like a football game with no time left on the clock. Do you kick the extra to tie or try to punch it in for the win?

Back