My home town was once the only town in the world that required trains to stop at redlights. It was listed in the Guiness Book of World Records at that time.

My home town was once the only town in the world that required trains to stop at redlights. It was listed in the Guiness Book of World Records at that time.

That's pretty cool

My Random facts

Most of the movie "Due Date" with robert downey JR was filmed in my city, everything from the highway police chase to the car falling off the bridge, they closed down that part of the highway for a few weeks and we saw it all from my friends house!

A lot of movies from star wars (hoth) and independence day, transformers, year one, were all filmed a few miles outside of my city as well, some of my friends have been extras in more recent movies like year one.

I ran a mile in 5:41 as a 6th grader.. I haven't run one faster since

Sent from my iPhone

I love to cook...even grilled some pizzas...

PizzaGrill.jpg

since the topic of bbq came up in another thread ..

my family used to own a BBQ restuarant that was voted top 50 in texas multiple years. the sausage company that my grandfather started is still going strong though.

Here's another one for Dr. Teeth

The electric chair was invented by a dentist!

I was in the first Iraq war.My A-10,s were the ones who saved the pinned down Army guys.Pretty tense day!

Cockroaches can live off the oil from a single human fingerprint for an entire week.

Fact: Smallville is the most hardcore mod on this forum. I have nightmares about him in a nun's habit wielding a giant ruler, reaching through my monitor to smack me when I post inappropriate things.:beat-up:

I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing!

I've driven from the East coast to the West coast of two continents.

I once shanked a 3i into my father in law's thigh, who happened to be sitting right across from me in a golf cart. I laughed.

My random fact:

One time in 2008 John Mcain came to a neighboring town and I happened to be there. To keep up appearances the republican party workers were looking for a number of people of different races and cultures. I just happened to be in town that day and they tracked me down and asked me to sit up there. I agreed since it was 90 degrees in october and there was shade and a place to sit haha. It was funny the guy looking for people was telling his workers we need more mexicans hahahah sure enough I got to be up there

I'm the dark guy on the left

20081025__elex01mccain1026~1_300.jpg

Last edited:
In his first year of college at age 17, Edgar Allen Poe gambled away all of his scholarship aid, and often showed up in class drunk-even during examinations. In spite of his slovenly behavior, Edgar had the highest
grades in his class.

I'm... Batman!

Because whales must rise to the surface often to breathe, only one half of their brain sleeps at a time. This process allows their body to get adequate rest while still providing for the necessary function of breathing to survive.

When i saw the Rolling Stones live, AC/DC played as (last of 3) support act.
Half the crowd left after they finished playing.

Over the span of their lifetime, the average human eats 8 spiders while asleep.

Got a lot of geese on your course this time of year?
Molting is the term that is given to the 8-10 week flightless period when Canada geese shed their outer wing feathers and regrow new ones. Molting occurs between mid-June through August. Most birds are able to resume flight by mid-August.
During this molting period geese will gather on ponds or lakes since they provide a safe resting place and security from predators. During the molting period, Canada geese do major damage to landscape as they congregate on lawns near water.
Geese without young will sometimes travel hundreds of miles to the security of favored molting areas in the north. These “molt migrations” account for the disappearance of local goose flocks in early June.

Back