The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean for this to sound bad, but with Jobs no longer around to go against it has anyone heard anything about Flash being a possibility with the new iPhone?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I don't mean for this to sound bad, but with Jobs no longer around to go against it has anyone heard anything about Flash being a possibility with the new iPhone?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I haven't heard anything about that, but I hope we see it with the new phone

Awesome, I think I will be sticking to the 4 and just buy a micro sim cutter for $5 or something

thanks!

So are you looking for an iPhone 4? I believe to have it unlocked if must be jail broken? I have a 4 for sale if your interested?

Give it a lil tappy tappy

So are you looking for an iPhone 4? I believe to have it unlocked if must be jail broken? I have a 4 for sale if your interested?

Give it a lil tappy tappy

I'm going the apple official unlocked, I've had too many problems with my unlocked/jailbroken iPhone, thank you so much for the offer though, I appreciate it!

Just saw a promo video for Otterbox Armour coming back, looks a lot like the lifeproof case. I'm hoping it turns out real nice, especially since I'll have the 4 for a while now that the 5 supposedly won't be out for a while.

Just saw a promo video for Otterbox Armour coming back, looks a lot like the lifeproof case. I'm hoping it turns out real nice, especially since I'll have the 4 for a while now that the 5 supposedly won't be out for a while.
Would you really use this?
btyProduct1.jpg

So i bought this today I'm going to take my chances with the iPhone 4 officially unlocked from apple, I'll test it out with my old sim cards just in case anyone else was debating cutting their sim card using a tool

51aM86-AIcL.jpg

Would you really use this?
btyProduct1.jpg

That thing is ginormous. One of the things I like about my life proof is there rarely is a sight of the dreaded phone boner.

That thing is ginormous. One of the things I like about my life proof is there rarely is a sight of the dreaded phone boner.

Spank, has the screen bubbled at all for you? That's the one knock I heard about the lifeproof, otherwise it looks awesome, I've just had great customer service with Otterbox.

No, but I would this:

Spank, has the screen bubbled at all for you? That's the one knock I heard about the lifeproof, otherwise it looks awesome, I've just had great customer service with Otterbox.

Just saw that video and that's more like it. Nope and I hope it won't. I could see why that would happen especially up by the ear set. I think it's because the construction of the membrane. What I worry more is the plastic latch on the bottom. I open and close that thing all the time and I fear over time it will lose the tight seal for the waterproofing. It looks like Otterbox could be taking care of that issue with the stainless latch (it'll keep the seal consistent barring all parts of the latch are stainless). Another PITA of the Lifeproof is if you use a Square reader to take CC payments. The extender does work with it, thankfully, but it's one more thing to lose. Maybe it'll be easier with the Otterbox since it looks like they're using a plug instead of a screw to seal the headphone jack (which has it's own sets of worries as well).

So I went by t mobile to inquire about their micro sim cards, they sell them for like $20 or free with upgrade and the lady told me I don't have to purchase a data plan for my iPhone, This way i don't have to worry about cutting and screwing up my sim card-yes I'm stuck in the stone age-So I will be purchasing a really overpriced apple-unlocked iPhone cause I don't want to move to sprint or verizon just yet.

If you have an iPhone I highly recommend the Action Movie app to play with and add effects to your videos.

If you have an iPhone I highly recommend the Action Movie app to play with and add effects to your videos.

Thanks frank! I will use that Monday for my video!

WWDC 2012 is over and done with and has come and gone with no new iPhone 5(no surprise there from me) but iOS6 was announced and quite frankly I'm underwhelmed by it but not surprised by it. Last year I wanted a better notification system(mainly with text messages) and we got both thankfully.

This year it seemed like the big push were the new macbook pro/air and their software with iOS6 coming up the rear(will be released in the fall- most likely with the iPhone5 I think) with some nice little features but nothing too groundbreaking in my opinion.

Which external battery do you guys recommend? Ive got golf shot and I'm looking for a way to save some battery.?

WWDC 2012 is over and done with and has come and gone with no new iPhone 5(no surprise there from me) but iOS6 was announced and quite frankly I'm underwhelmed by it but not surprised by it. Last year I wanted a better notification system(mainly with text messages) and we got both thankfully.

This year it seemed like the big push were the new macbook pro/air and their software with iOS6 coming up the rear(will be released in the fall- most likely with the iPhone5 I think) with some nice little features but nothing too groundbreaking in my opinion.

The mapping will be pretty nice. Turn by turn and "street view" implemented into native mapping will be an upgrade.

I posted my thoughts in the Electronics Pondering thread, but will reiterate some here;

I'm underwhelmed. Seriously underwhelmed. An upgrades maps application, a Siri on steroids and Facebook integration so I can like apps in the app store? Really? That's what we waited a year for?

No iPhone announcement, which from the leaked documents all we get in iPhone 5 is a longer stretched screen anyway. Crapple.

Galaxy S3...here I come.

Well I will be getting a 3GS factory unlocked from apple that way i don't have to spend 600 on a phone lol I don't mind the 3gs and it's not too expensive.

I posted my thoughts in the Electronics Pondering thread, but will reiterate some here;

I'm underwhelmed. Seriously underwhelmed. An upgrades maps application, a Siri on steroids and Facebook integration so I can like apps in the app store? Really? That's what we waited a year for?

No iPhone announcement, which from the leaked documents all we get in iPhone 5 is a longer stretched screen anyway. Crapple.

Galaxy S3...here I come.

I like the looks of the S3. Can't wait to learn how to text!!

Well I will be getting a 3GS factory unlocked from apple that way i don't have to spend 600 on a phone lol I don't mind the 3gs and it's not too expensive.
What service do you have? I may be able to swing you an unlocked iPhone 4 if you are interested.

I read on a different site that during the keynote. The new "maps" app will only be good for the 4S and the newest iPad. What a waste of an update considering I bet most people still have the iPhone 4 and will upgrade to the newest iPhone.

Should have just saved ios6 stuff for when they announce the iphone5

I agree....I just read where supposedly Apple is just riding this one out this year for iphone updates and are focusing more on the laptop side of things because they didn't want to move forward with too much Jobs pipeline stuff They want a new iphone update/build to come from the new CEO so it can be 'his footprint' going forward and not Jobs'. IMO its a risky move because it could alienate users expecting more and seeing other co's deliver more (bigger screen, etc) on a phone.

I posted my thoughts in the Electronics Pondering thread, but will reiterate some here;<BR><BR>I'm underwhelmed. Seriously underwhelmed. An upgrades maps application, a Siri on steroids and Facebook integration so I can like apps in the app store? Really? That's what we waited a year for? <BR><BR>No iPhone announcement, which from the leaked documents all we get in iPhone 5 is a longer stretched screen anyway. Crapple. <BR><BR>Galaxy S3...here I come.
<BR><BR>

What service do you have? I may be able to swing you an unlocked iPhone 4 if you are interested.

Well I have tmobile so I have to have unlocked, I didn't really have good luck with my jailbroken 3g it craped out on me. What kind of unlock did you use for the iPhone 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back