Jason Dufner heads to help Auburn at NCAAs

I'm sure he'll play, just not in a tourney. It's not like he'll be kicking his feet up on the coffee table and doing 8oz curls.

Pretty cool for Dufner to help out. I'm sure it can't be anything but helpful for the college guys.

Classy move by Dufner, would be awesome if Auburn pulled out the win after his help!!!

I think the move is a solid move by Dufner. Dude was exhausted going into Sunday at Colonial (And I am just taking the golf into account, not the media grind and extra exposure he is gaining now) and good for him knowing when to hit the reset button and just unwind for a bit. Sometimes, simply returning to your roots and doing something outside of your normal routine, is the best thing for you. If dude plugged along, right up to the Open, and struggled, everyone would be critiquing him for not taking a break. Lose lose for the guy. You can't please 'em all, so you might as well please yourself. Good for him.

I think the move is a solid move by Dufner. Dude was exhausted going into Sunday at Colonial (And I am just taking the golf into account, not the media grind and extra exposure he is gaining now) and good for him knowing when to hit the reset button and just unwind for a bit. Sometimes, simply returning to your roots and doing something outside of your normal routine, is the best thing for you. If dude plugged along, right up to the Open, and struggled, everyone would be critiquing him for not taking a break. Lose lose for the guy. You can't please 'em all, so you might as well please yourself. Good for him.
That's exactly what he said in his interview at the NCAA's. Said he needed a small break from his regular routine to kind of get a mental break for a few days before getting back to work.

That's exactly what he said in his interview at the NCAA's. Said he needed a small break from his regular routine to kind of get a mental break for a few days before getting back to work.

There ya go. So I can't blame him. Everyone always wants to armchair these situations and overreact to them while on the arm chair. It's not like he is going on a two week cruise to the Greek Isles. I would rather him go into Olympic refreshed and rejuvenated, than go into Olympic beat down and worn out from the grind. Dude has nothing to prove. Hell, the only reason anyone is talking about him at Olympic is because of the month long ride he has been on. He is entitled to this break. Good for him and good for the Auburn golf team.

Instead of posting this link in a new thread, I thought I would post it here.

Alan Shipnuck did a piece a couple days ago on Dufner, that included amongst other topics, details about how he was helping the Auburn golf team at Riviera. Always interesting to me to read more personal details about some of the guys succeeding out on tour.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/jason-dufner-most-interesting-man-golf-heading-us-open
I read this the other day, and thought it was a great article, one of my favorites parts of it was this;
Dufner, who has a degree in economics, does not traffic in hyperbole. He prefers disarming honesty, and he’s not blowing smoke when he says, “I don’t think I have as much talent as a lot of other guys do.” This underdog mentality has led to a specific career path. “To succeed I have to do a lot of different things,” Dufner says. “I need to be stronger mentally. I have to prepare harder and smarter. I have to maximize my equipment. I have to do things other guys don’t. You have to be honest with yourself, which is not easy.”

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/j...esting-man-golf-heading-us-open#ixzz1xEc1eHZ9

I read it as well and thought it was a great article.

That article was in SI Golf and was very good. Duf seems like an interesting dude. Pretty deep. I like seeing him win. I wonder how he'll fare at Olympic.

Back