How often do you replace your driver?

How often do you replace your driver?

• Everytime new stuff comes out...Im a Club Fanatic

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • When something catches my fancy, every few years.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Within an 18 month period

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Im still playing the same driver from 10 years ago

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am wondering how often the driver gets changed in your bag? Are you a once a year guy? Still playing with that old Killer Whale?

4th driver in the three years i've been playing. they just stop working after a while, but i have high hopes for the square Nike i have now.

I am an every couple years driver switcher. I have had 3 of them in the last 7-8 years and was one of the last of my group to go to the deep face driver 3 years ago.

I am going to get a new driver this winter. I got the one I have now about 6 years ago, and while it worked for a while, it doesn't now! The driver I used before that I used for 5 years (couldn't hit it very well either, and I still have it). I'm glad I can hit a 3 wood or I could really be in trouble . . .

I haven't replaced it yet. But to be fair, it hasn't been 10 years.

I keep thinking about a different club, but everyone (esp Harry) keeps talking me out of it, that my problems are more technique based. Makes sense, though I still think the thing's really flimsy.

Only change out of necessity......last year the face of my driver collapsed (I usually hit the exact same spot most times). The faces of modern drivers are so thin it only takes a small flaw to cause metal failure. I have been told that it is quite common.

Im getting to the 4 or 5 year mark on mine and I think I might be getting ready for a new one. I never change it because its my most consistent club, its just starting to look pretty beat up.

Unfortunately, none of the options suits my situation. I'd be in the 'other' category for the poll. I've had it for about 2 years & I don't intend to change (at this stage).

Having said that, my driver & I need to go to relationship counseling. We were very much in love but recently I've been spraying some shots OB. I had to put it away in my last round :love-over: & go to my 3 wood which I was hitting very well.

I think I need to take my driver on a 'date' to the driving range & just get to know her again. She's been jealous of the amount of time I've been spending with my irons at the range. :rose:

Unfortunately, none of the options suits my situation. I'd be in the 'other' category for the poll. I've had it for about 2 years & I don't intend to change (at this stage).

Having said that, my driver & I need to go to relationship counseling. We were very much in love but recently I've been spraying some shots OB. I had to put it away in my last round :love-over: & go to my 3 wood which I was hitting very well.

I think I need to take my driver on a 'date' to the driving range & just get to know her again. She's been jealous of the amount of time I've been spending with my irons at the range. :rose:

I take the opposite approach when my driver doesnt act right. I take other drivers on dates to the driving range and when my driver sees it she gets jealous and starts behaving and treats me a little better.

Two very interesting, contrasting approaches!

I beat mine on the ground.

It's wearing lavender though...so I suspect it may be swinging for the other team.

Julie,
You just made me think of the Seinfeld episode with the "Catfight".

I'm not familiar with that. Never really got into Seinfeld - too young, I guess.

You beating the club made me think of Elaine and Racquel Welch in that episode with Kramer screaming catfight in the background. Harry will know it.

Right, cause Harry needs more ammo!

Naw, I embellished a bit - I don't beat the club. A slap on the butt (of the clubhead) will do nicely to keep it in line.

(I usually hit the exact same spot most times).

Definitely not a problem I am forced to deal with!
1221_blue.gif

Four drivers in less than four years, but I'm not a gear head! Just a series of weird coincidences.

Back