Long putter, belly putter or traditional...what works for you?

I tried a store brand belly and long putter last weekend at Sports Authoritaaa.

I liked the belly putter. In fact, I don't think I missed a putt with it. The long putter was not good at all. It was only $50 for the belly, which would be a pretty cheap experiment.
I just couldnt get adjusted to the belly putter, just wasnt my thing. I have a SeeMore belly putter that I grabbed to play around with, but I cant putt worth a crap with it.

What head on the Seemore?

I tried a store brand belly and long putter last weekend at Sports Authoritaaa.

I liked the belly putter. In fact, I don't think I missed a putt with it. The long putter was not good at all. It was only $50 for the belly, which would be a pretty cheap experiment.

I was rolling the Nome belly putter at the outing and liked what I saw from it. Not sure if I'd go belly putter route again, but if I could find a cheap experiment it would be fun. We need some belly putter forum testing.

I too tried out a few belly putters this weekend and I was hooked, I need to save up now since I spent almost $200 on my last putter haha I love the stability of these putters and if the USGA bans them, it will be an opportunity to get one at an awesome price! As of now I can't justify one though

That could actually be a really good round of testing, ddec.

I don't think I'd switch, but it was interesting that the long putter was terrible for me compared to the belly.

I don't think I'd switch, but it was interesting that the long putter was terrible for me compared to the belly.

I didn't like the broomstick style either. I thought it was more difficult to make a repeatable stroke.

Quite interesting, as I prefer the long putter over the belly putter.

I'd love to try a long putter. I like my belly putter a good bit, but I'm just not comfortable with it. I think I actually may make more putts with it over my short putter, I just can't feel comfortable, which means a lot in confidence over big putts. I wonder how a broomstick would feel.

I had a brief "trist" with a belly putter. I picked it for cheap and it had a really nice, brand new Winn grip on it. I bought the whole putter for the price of regripping with that grip, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I practiced with it for an hour or two and really struggled with the distance. I didn't feel like I was any more accurate directionally either.

I took it out on the course to give it a go for a round and was awful. After about the 5th hole, I actually had already had two 4 putts! I put it back into the bag and pulled out my old trusty stand by (a 20 year old custom putter with a brass insert) and immediately went back to two putting.

I sold the belly putter the next week. I don't think that I'll be going back.

I tried the long & belly putters and sometimes they were on fire however the consistency was just not there. I went back to my old standby NC VooDoo Daddy and my putting is coming along . Sticking with the NC for my CC this weekend.

I use a 34 traditional. I am definitely going to be experimenting with some different styles and lengths over the winter.

Sent from my TF101 with Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0

I tried the Taylormade Manta in the belly version for more than a month.
I just can't get the feel or the stroke with the belly.
Gave it up and went back to the 35".

I tried the Taylormade Manta in the belly version for more than a month.
I just can't get the feel or the stroke with the belly.
Gave it up and went back to the 35".

I still think they should make all pros putt with them for two months. This silly talk of banning them will go out the window. Anchoring to the body is not a crutch for most of us, who have tried these things. It just does not work for everyone.

I'm horrible with long putters, horrible. Every time I've tried I'm all over the place.

I have a collection as well. I putt pretty well with anything. I am using a Ping PickEmUp belly right now.

GolfShot says I average 1.869 putts per hole. I subscribe to the Jim Furyk school. I change because I get bored with the same putter all the time.

I just ordered a SeeMore that I noted elsewhere in the forums. It too is a belly for now. I like traditional putters as well, although the tend to be on the long side too (37"). I have also putted with broom for a bit, in honor of a departed friend that used one.

I say all that to the point, if you can put a consistent roll on the ball, use what makes the game fun. Putting is one of the best parts of the game, I try to keep it fresh

Tapatalking

I've always been a traditional guy, and don't plan on changing anytime soon. I just can't make myself game a belly. I've rolled a bunch of them, and just really couldn't ever get a feel for it. I rolled the ball alright with it, and held the line, but I just could not get the speed down with it. My miss was a pull to the left. I'm gaming a 35" Odyssey Metal-X D.A.R.T. right now, and I choke down on it a pretty good bit. I am absolutely in love with this putter right now, and don't see myself changing anytime soon. I hold my line so much better than I ever have in the past, and am really looking forward to even more progress with it.

A Ping Zing, Odyssey blade, Odyssey 2 ball, Rife center shaft but could never find comfort over the ball. Then a friend had the voodoo in his garage and didn't want it, hated it. One man's trash is another's treasure!! It is a long but I use it like a belly or I guess call it chest. I've never had lagging issues unless on really slow greens. I would not like to going back to a traditional. 2 cents...

Traditional. Ive tried long and belly putters and hated them. I know that people say you have to work with them for at least a month before you will really click with them but if Im going to relearn how to putt Id rathar just spend that time learning how to putt properly with the putter I already have.

I don't know, after the NC belly putter that I tried today, you never know I made every put I went for and it was on'y 160 I paid way more for my ghost putter. I may have to get a belly putter before something crazy happens

None of them really but lately I have some found pretty good success with a traditional blade of all things.

Back