PURE Grips DTX Preview

I just got 4 DTX's in the mail. Very interesting feel, seem like a lot of traction and tackiness with that durable pure grip rubber. Will report back once I have my wedges and fairway woods gripped up.

Are they harsh at all guys?

I love the Golf Pride NDMC, and I was hoping these would be similar. Freddie had one on a wedge of his and I tried it out, it was miserable. Roughest grip I have ever held.

I love the Golf Pride NDMC, and I was hoping these would be similar. Freddie had one on a wedge of his and I tried it out, it was miserable. Roughest grip I have ever held.

I can't do that. I'd just stick to the Pro's in that case. My delicate hands needs a little softer grip.

I can't do that. I'd just stick to the Pro's in that case. My delicate hands needs a little softer grip.

Yeah man, I had high hopes for these. I was really let down, so I will be sticking with my stock Pures.

I played 18 with the new grips yesterday. I didn't think they were harsh at all and I have generally played the Golf Pride Tour Velvet or Pure Pro grips. I really like them and played the majority of the round without a glove, which I never do. My hands weren't torn up and I certainly hit enough crappy shots to get violent feedback but never did. I'm impressed. Like I said before, they are very firm feeling but at the same time are very, very tacky, which surprises me.

I played 18 with the new grips yesterday. I didn't think they were harsh at all and I have generally played the Golf Pride Tour Velvet or Pure Pro grips. I really like them and played the majority of the round without a glove, which I never do. My hands weren't torn up and I certainly hit enough crappy shots to get violent feedback but never did. I'm impressed. Like I said before, they are very firm feeling but at the same time are very, very tacky, which surprises me.

Glad that you like them. It could have been my girly hands being sore after playing golf for 4 straight days that made me think they were really rough...

Good point. Let's face it we all have different tastes when it comes to "feel". There is no right answer.

True enough Haggis. Either way, I'm lean more to the soft side of things. I do like the original Pro's, but even they don't have as much squish as I like.

To me these actually feel less firm than the Pure Pros. It's tough for me to describe. Or I may have been over-served on the course yesterday.

Not harsh in my experience. Been using the Red DTX Mid and loving it. (And I hate cord grips)

Not harsh in my experience. Been using the Red DTX Mid and loving it. (And I hate cord grips)

i agree wholeheartedly. I hate, hate, hate cord grips. Played league tonight and must say I really like these grips.

Put these on my wedges and fairway wood on Monday and had a range session yesterday. They are not harsh at all but definitely have more traction than a standard tour velvet or even the Pure Pro grips. I'm kind of mixed on this grip. I think I prefer the Pure Pro but haven't given the DTX enough time. Its an interesting feel and plenty tacky. It has that same pure grip material so it'll be great for water resistance and durability. time will tell on these, nothing bad but nothing really great so far.

i am loving these grips. coming from golf pride cp2, which are fine grips, i am finding I don't have to use squeez nearly as hard and i am finding these easier to turn the club over.

I've got these on my wedges (in red, tapeless). Grippy, yet comfortable (unlike a certain sandpaper-style grip from a company that rhymes with hide). I don't even use a glove with them. No glove, lots of love!

These are my new favorite grips. They are so tacky, but they don't tear up your hands. Played in most and rain for the first time with these and they were even better. Thanks PURE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you found something that works!

For me these just obliterated my hands, way more than cords ever do. Love the concept, but they were just far too uncomfortable and sand paper like for me.

I haven't gone back and read this thread to see if this was an issues others had but I don't wear gloves and the DTX made a sort of a squeaking sound during the swing. I couldn't get past it.

For the price I was hoping they would perform like my beloved Iomics but they fell way short.

They did seem tough on my hands too as Jman mentioned.

What Iomic grip is close to the DTX?

What Iomic grip is close to the DTX?

Tried all 3 Pure styles thinking one of them would feel like an Iomic. Epic fail and went back to Iomic.

Tried all 3 Pure styles thinking one of them would feel like an Iomic. Epic fail and went back to Iomic.

What is your favorite Iomic?

i play the dtx midsize and prefer them to the cp2 i had been playing. Lately i have been playing glove less and these grips are it for me

What is your favorite Iomic?

I play a mix right now. Black Armor on my irons and wedges. And Sticky's on my driver and hybrids.

No rhyme or reason. Just put some on and liked them and never felt the need to make them all match.

The black armors are a little firmer up top buy feature the Sticky pattern in the bottom hand

Back