The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Tomlin at the presser: I thought we both represented what the AFC North is all about.

Yep, pretty much nailed it

I wonder if KC can play enough defense in New England...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching Deon Sanders on NFL Network is almost as bad as watching the Bengals.

LT was having none of Deon's BS. Wouldn't even talk to him when they cut to commercial.

Just saw the lowlights of this one.

Wow! What a bunch of clowns those Bengals are.

Onto tomorrow's games. When tailgating starts tomorrow morning for the Vikings game it will be a balmy -7 with a windchill of -23. kickoff as of now is -2 with a windchill of -17. I was personally hoping for -13 but it will do.
That just seems made up

The Bungles earned their name last night. If I was the owner Burfict and Jones wouldn't be Bengals today. They handed the Steelers the win with those stupid penalties at the end.

Prime Time is saying Burfict was trying to NOT hit Brown

Dude was the best CB I've ever witnessed, but he's also the worst announcer I've witnessed.

This is the same guy that said the Colts should save their money and not sign Andrew Luck and keep Hasselbeck.

The Bungles earned their name last night. If I was the owner Burfict and Jones wouldn't be Bengals today. They handed the Steelers the win with those stupid penalties at the end.

I'd also part ways with Marvin Lewis. 13 years in the league without a playoff win is not a fluke. The fact that his team was so undisciplined yesterday speaks as much to him as those knuckleheads.

Its warmed up since I left for TCF. It was -8 and is now only -7.

I tell you what... Insane amount of respect for a fan going to sit out in those elements. I couldn't imagine sitting out in 35-40 degree weather.

I tell you what... Insane amount of respect for a fan going to sit out in those elements. I couldn't imagine sitting out in 35-40 degree weather.

Its not too bad yet.

-11 now with -26 windchill

Last edited:
I'd also part ways with Marvin Lewis. 13 years in the league without a playoff win is not a fluke. The fact that his team was so undisciplined yesterday speaks as much to him as those knuckleheads.
agree 100000%

stay warm! I'm obviously rooting for the other side, but hope you have a blast!

The fact that beer has to be in a cooler to keep I from freezing and you still need to put it in front of a heater to drink it makes it fun already.

The fact that beer has to be in a cooler to keep I from freezing and you still need to put it in front of a heater to drink it makes it fun already.

Haha that's unreal

It's wild to listen to all the opposing and sometimes ridiculous (Deion Sanders) opinions on the Bengals/Steelers game. I think Tony Dungy summed it up best though when he talked about the Bengals typically taking players that other teams won't touch. The line, "Burfict is a first round talent, but there's a reason 31 other teams passed on him" speaks volumes. It will also be interesting to see what happens to Marvin Lewis. Personally, I would be surprised if he gets fired despite his terrible playoff track record and I think he'll get a pass only because Dalton didn't play. Had everything went down the same with Dalton in there I absolutely think he would get the boot.

I agree somewhat. But who do you bring in? I don't see anyone coming and restoring order to that team. You'd have to go in and clean house and make it a point to not bring players like they have for years into the locker room. It's cancerous to the team. I also think that these teams place to much blame on the coaches.

Apparently my questions regarding the Steelers coach being on the field last night had some merit (look at me all shocked).

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/10/10743904/steelers-bengals-joey-porter-foul

Lost amidst the finger-pointing at the Cincinnati Bengals' utter collapse at the end of their playoff loss against the Pittsburgh Steelers is the strange actions by Steelers linebackers coach and former player Joey Porter.

As Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown was being tended to by trainers and staff of the Steelers, Porter came on the field. As Brown was being led off the field by said trainers, Porter lingered in the middle of the field and chattered with an official and some Bengals.

Rule 13.1.2 is pretty clear:

Either or both team attendants and their helpers may enter the field to attend their team during a team timeout by either team. No other non-player may come on the field without the Referee's permission, unless he is an incoming substitute (5-2-2).

During any team timeout, all playing rules continue in force. Representatives of either team are prohibited from entering the field unless they are incoming substitutes, or team attendants or trainers entering to provide for the welfare of a player, and any game-type activities are prohibited on the Field of Play.

Not even head coaches are allowed on the field.

Porter is not a trainer for the Steelers, he's a linebackers coach. Is it possible Porter obtained permission from an official to come onto the field in a heated game between two rivals? Unlikely.

Cincinnati still got what they deserved, but this is pretty comical that a coach would be allowed to provoke players on the field like this.

That was ballsy to go for it. Wow

I'm cold just watching this game

I'm pulling for Seattle just to make sure there isn't another playoff game in Minnesota. I'm miserable just looking at this.

I'm pulling for Seattle just to make sure there isn't another playoff game in Minnesota. I'm miserable just looking at this.

Plus you secretly love them. It's ok we know

Its actually warm in the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back