Almost Busted Something! Need Better Net.

BradMorris64

Turf Fears Me
Reaction score
I removed the piece of material that normally hangs down in front of my Calloway Golf net (it was looking pretty ratty) and was admittedly swinging as hard as I could with a 6 iron, but I never thought the netting would give out. I'm definitely no Jamie Sadlowski.

5 inches to the right and I would be replacing a window right now. As it is the thing bounced off of the widow frame, into the ceiling and into the back of the net. Luckily my window frames are old school and solid oak and my ceilings are hard plaster. Coulda been much worse. Guess I'll put that fabric back now. Does anybody have a source for heavy duty netting? Even if I have to buy it bulk and cut it myself that would be cool.

644359_404649079626389_530163203_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, maybe using birdie ball or p3 inside would be a good idea. Glad nothing got broke.

How old is your net?

Just got it last August. But I have hit thousands of balls into it since then. I did have one driver go through it when it was outside, so I don't hit drivers into it any more. I just don't think it's made for heavy duty use. I've found a couple guys on eBay that have decent prices on what they claim are heavy duty nets. Gonna do a little more research. I tried a couple of those foam balls, but I hate not having feedback from the strike. Of course the thought of replacing a window (and possibly my neighbors as well) doesn't thrill me either. I just figured somebody around here would have built their own net and was hoping I could get a little guidance.

Thanks for the reply.

I hear ya on not getting the feedback from foam balls, the p3 almost golf balls are better than most I've tried as far as feed back goes.

If you've used it a bunch outside the sun has probably put a hurting on the material.

I don't know of any heavy duty nets that are reasonable. But a sheet or cheap blanket would work quite well for stopping the ball. There is a material that is made for archery back stops that would probably work really well.

What about a heavy duty canvas painters tarp over the top??

Actually I did have a sheet in front of it that worked well, but it makes a loud thump every time hit it and I was concerned I might be bothering the neighbors (who's window is only about 20 feet away) during one of my midnight practice sessions. Think I'll put that back up and just limit my practice to normal hours for a while. :)

Back