I have offered a connection for cheap clubs on here and have something to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flykixz23

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello I just wanted to start off by saying I had a very legit source for people to take advantage in a good way and get clubs they KNEW they wanted for a much discounted price! After speaking to my source today I came to find he will no longer answer anyones emails due to 2 people who got rude with him and took advantage of his kindness and mine as well, that now has ruined it for others interested in equipment including some firends and even some forum leaders!

I was trying very hard to make an impact on this site and help this site with cheaper equipment but from what I read on some emails and saw were people wanting a grocery list of prices on equipment to kind of test the waters to see what every price was and when the guy explained he is trying to run a business and give a price for equipment they are interested only in purchasing, well somone/ or a few I should say played some games and had choice words for him!

Everyone that contacted me said they knew what they want and I said ask him for pricing and I guess a few wanted the price of every club known to man and he did not nor does not have the time for this!

I hope the Mods approve this so all can read this and know not to contact me about the deals as it has almost tarnished the relationship I even had with him and he thinks I sent a bunch of people to him to jerk his chain! I will not mention names of who did this but it was done and his service is no longer extended to others! I am very sorry for the ones who were serious on wanting to buy equipment as that was the intentions of me giving out his email in the first place!

I am currently trying to smooth things over and may take personal orders directly through me if he is willing to do so and I will let the people interested that have contacted me know if this is still possible! Again I am sorry to the ones who did nothing wrong and just wanted to make everyone aware! Thanks for your time!

I will let this thread stand as of now, and I am truly sorry that you were put in this situation. However please keep in mind that there are two sides to every story and a third being that THP does not allow sales/companies selling goods on the forum outside of the marketplace. Now I am not saying you are/were affiliated in any way with this gentleman, however I am sure you were glad to give him the assistance.

I think it was honorable for you to make this offer to users, but "taking orders" for others would not be allowed publicly as that would be considering selling and we must remain black and white on our rules about that to exclude stores from spamming the community.

You mention wanting to make an impact on the site. If you want to make an impact on THP (your words from the OP), be a part of the community. Review products, come on out to a THP event, take in fantasy golf, be a part of the community as a whole and you will find that your impact will be greater than simply offering deals behind the scenes.

Again, just my take from the outside looking in.

I don't understand what the harm in asking prices on different clubs is, especially if this source of yours isn't doing anything illegal. refusing to give prices seems kind of shady to me. can you also try to end a sentence without using an exclamation point every time? it's hard to take what you're saying seriously when it seems like you're super excited

I am not going to get involved with this discussion beyond saying this - in my opinion the OP should have approached JB first before offering the details, due to the rules that JB has stated above regarding any sales on a forum taking place outside of the designated guidelines

How is this thread still open? Seems like JB's post should have been the end of it.

Sorry to hear that man, but there are plenty of other ways to make a positive impact here as previously stated.

I'm kind of lost on this one. Well it does suck that some tried to take advantage. Are there parts of this forum that I am not seeing? I feel lost a lot lately

I'm kind of lost on this one. Well it does suck that some tried to take advantage. Are there parts of this forum that I am not seeing? I feel lost a lot lately

that's what you get for living under a rock.

I guess so. I'm always looking for clubs and had no idea we had connections

I will let this thread stand as of now, and I am truly sorry that you were put in this situation. However please keep in mind that there are two sides to every story and a third being that THP does not allow sales/companies selling goods on the forum outside of the marketplace. Now I am not saying you are/were affiliated in any way with this gentleman, however I am sure you were glad to give him the assistance.

I think it was honorable for you to make this offer to users, but "taking orders" for others would not be allowed publicly as that would be considering selling and we must remain black and white on our rules about that to exclude stores from spamming the community.

You mention wanting to make an impact on the site. If you want to make an impact on THP (your words from the OP), be a part of the community. Review products, come on out to a THP event, take in fantasy golf, be a part of the community as a whole and you will find that your impact will be greater than simply offering deals behind the scenes.

Again, just my take from the outside looking in.

The guy is not a store owner, he was just simply a guy who is a pga pro and runs a golf shop at a country club and extended his offer to help others with equipment for not a high cost! I had told a few people I could help them out with cheaper equipment because they were low on cash flow and tried to help them and told them I can get something they are interested in if they let me know and that was it and when I spoke to the guy who I know he said he had no problem with others contacting him as long as they did not waste his time, but he was not looking to be a part of this site and do bulk sales or anything like that he just said give your golfing buddies my email and I can help them for a good price! It was a kind gesture thats it! As far as reviewing clubs and stuff of that nature I put my input on what I read about and look at different things on this site but have not taken part in a THP event yet but just joined as well a few months ago not even yet! I was not trying to run a store or anything of that nature but simply help people outside of this website for them to have a contact for cheap equipment!

Loud noises!!!

I don't understand what the harm in asking prices on different clubs is, especially if this source of yours isn't doing anything illegal. refusing to give prices seems kind of shady to me. can you also try to end a sentence without using an exclamation point every time? it's hard to take what you're saying seriously when it seems like you're super excited

The harm was I was getting contacted for one specific item....or items.....one person sent a list of over 30 items to this person and ended up buying not a thing and getting smart with the guy! He is the only one in the proshop right now and is also the Director and manager of Golf Operations at a Country Club in New York! I sent people to him for what they were interested in not to get every price quote in the book as he was kind enough to take his time out of his work day to answer these emails in the first place! Also I will use an exclamation point whenever I feel like it as it shows my strong feeling of what I speak about! I do not do it all the time but use it a lot and I am sorry if that bothers you but that really has nothing to do with this post at all, that is just picking on me.

Whether intentional or not, there seems to be a lot of unneeded drama here. I want you to enjoy your time here, so maybe you should step back and think things out before you put them out there for people to read. No need for anybody to pile on to that comment either.

You seem like a good guy and I'm just trying to give you some friendly advice.

Wow, I think we just found the dark side of this forum.

I guess so. I'm always looking for clubs and had no idea we had connections

I did not make this a public thing but had a lot of people always asking me how I have so much equipment and selling stuff all the time and this is why, I have about 7 connections like this that are exclusively for me! This guy was willing to do it for others as well....the word spread a good bit to where I got atleast a message or 2 a day for the past month about this! I was going to help fellow THP members get drivers that are costing 400 new for around 310-330! The guy was not interested in making a bunch of money as it would not have even been his money anyways but the golf club he worked at and he was trying to be nice. Niceness got him nor me anywhere though but yes there were connections. I have many of them from my family and growing up in a sales family that always made it a point to network with people and make new friends.

This is one of the most diverse shopping crowds there is, it was guaranteed to happen. Hopefully Lesson learned move on.

Good on you for trying to hook some folks up man, but you can't do it with this large an audience.

Whether intentional or not, there seems to be a lot of unneeded drama here. I want you to enjoy your time here, so maybe you should step back and think things out before you put them out there for people to read. No need for anybody to pile on to that comment either.

You seem like a good guy and I'm just trying to give you some friendly advice.
what that guy said.

Wow, I think we just found the dark side of this forum.
impossible, there isn't one!

The guy is not a store owner, he was just simply a guy who is a pga pro and runs a golf shop at a country club and extended his offer to help others with equipment for not a high cost! I had told a few people I could help them out with cheaper equipment because they were low on cash flow and tried to help them and told them I can get something they are interested in if they let me know and that was it and when I spoke to the guy who I know he said he had no problem with others contacting him as long as they did not waste his time, but he was not looking to be a part of this site and do bulk sales or anything like that he just said give your golfing buddies my email and I can help them for a good price! It was a kind gesture thats it! As far as reviewing clubs and stuff of that nature I put my input on what I read about and look at different things on this site but have not taken part in a THP event yet but just joined as well a few months ago not even yet! I was not trying to run a store or anything of that nature but simply help people outside of this website for them to have a contact for cheap equipment!

I guess we have a difference of opinion. You have a guy running a pro shop that is looking to make some cash. He is selling stuff "this way" because he is trying to do so below MAP. If he advertised these prices, then he would get in some trouble obviously and/or the shop would. Its his life, not mine and frankly I dont have a care in the world what a shop does with their prices.

However I am I guess different on something. He told you that he could get great pricing on equipment and you can offer it to your "friends". He said give out his email address (because he/shop wants to make money). People inquired about prices (apparently too long a list or too often) and for that he is saying no more.

Certainly had people bought all these things, he would have no issue giving out lists of prices, so the issue is really that a few people didn't buy the clubs they got prices on. He wants you to set him up with buyers that are strictly ready to buy and he will give them great deals as long as he does not have to do any work.

I won't get into my personal opinions here, but if you think someone is offering discounts to people you know on a forum (that as you said, you just joined), just because he is a swell guy, then I got news for you.

Its probably best that this is over now. You dont have to worry about the "shady" deals, and he does not have to worry about people sending him lists of things to buy. This way you can get back in his good graces without having to bring him any more "customers".

This is one of the most diverse shopping crowds there is, it was guaranteed to happen. Hopefully Lesson learned move on.
Great post, I dont think anything more needs to be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back