TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm thinking about getting a new driver soon and was looking at budget ($100 or less) shafts. The three that I'm looking at are the Matrix Kujoh, Grafalloy Bimatrix and the Aldila VS Proto. I'm looking for something that has a mid launch and will give a pretty noticeable distance boost. i am a believer in the idea that the shaft is the "engine" of the club and think that this will help. I know that the Bimatrix is built on accuracy more than distance while I'm not quite sure what the Kujoh or VS Proto was made for. I really need a good bit of extra distance and some good feel would be appreciated. Basically mid launch, distance boost, lower spin, good feel. Obviously any other shaft in or near that pricce range would be great too. Thanks in advance

Without knowing numbers, this is pretty hard. Trying to fit a shaft. Also, 0 guarantee that a shaft will add distance.

Without knowing numbers, this is pretty hard. Trying to fit a shaft. Also, 0 guarantee that a shaft will add distance.

Ok, yeah. Most places near me only have a fitting cart for the OEM's like TM and Callaway which tend to carry the more "premium shafts". Also, other than the Kujoh, these shafts are relatively old which makes it hard to find places to demo them. For me, most shaft buying is a bit of a crapshoot. You win some, you lose some. I wasn't sure about the distance thing until I read the review of the VS Proto. Some guys were gaining like 10-20 yards on it. I'm not expecting that much. I just want to get yards where I can. BTW, i noticed that you got your Method Midnight. Nice

Not familar with the other 2 but I am familiar with the BiMatrix. You are correct in that i also find it to be a great mid launch shaft for accuracy than distance. With the exception of Bubba. He defies the rules of the shaft.

I find the BiMatrix to be my go to shaft when i find myself struggling. I was going to order the blue or orange BiMatrix but ran into a good deal on the Miyazaki Black. If that doesn't work out, my next purchase is definitely going to be the BiMatrix.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Not familar with the other 2 but I am familiar with the BiMatrix. You are correct in that i also find it to be a great mid launch shaft for accuracy than distance. With the exception of Bubba. He defies the rules of the shaft.

I find the BiMatrix to be my go to shaft when i find myself struggling. I was going to order the blue or orange BiMatrix but ran into a good deal on the Miyazaki Black. If that doesn't work out, my next purchase is definitely going to be the BiMatrix.

Ok, yeah (I think I start every post with that) I really have no problem hitting it straight most of the time off the tee. I just really need to pick up a few yards and I think that the VS Proto might be the one I'm leaning towards. I'm thinking about getting an adjustable driver and eventually getting all three. Tight courses will be the Bimatrix, long courses will be one of the other ones. I guess I'll just stay away from long, tight courses

Look at the Arthur Xtreme shafts from Golfworks. I really like the on in my R11

I'm leaning toward the VS Proto as that is what I think fits my description the best now that I look, but I think that the idea of eventually getting more to interchange will take place some time

I'm leaning toward the VS Proto as that is what I think fits my description the best now that I look, but I think that the idea of eventually getting more to interchange will take place some time

The VS Proto is my favorite budget shaft. I highly recommend it. And it fits what you are looking for too.

Report back if you do get the VS Proto. I was intrigued by it due to the price.

Back