Did I make a mistake (Nike Teachers Shoe)?

AndrewG

Reaction score
Handicap
While I was in Florida, I visited the Nike Clearance Store in Kissimmee, and found what I thought was a real bargain. A lovely pair of full leather shoes for 49.95. They fit well, and are comfortable. They are also cleat-less. Anyway - when I got them home, I noticed on the box that they're called Teaching shoes. The alarm went off, and I'm now wondering if these are going to be suitable for actually playing golf!

These are the ones I'm talking about :

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Mens-Premium-Teaching-Shoes/dp/B004PLQKS6

As an interesting aside - I visited this exact store 15 years ago (almost to the day), and bought my first proper pair of golf shoes, from the Tiger Woods range, which I still have and use at the range, and a TW Polo Shirt. This time, I came out with a pair of shoes, and a polo shirt too!

While I was in Florida, I visited the Nike Clearance Store in Kissimmee, and found what I thought was a real bargain. A lovely pair of full leather shoes for 49.95. They fit well, and are comfortable. They are also cleat-less. Anyway - when I got them home, I noticed on the box that they're called Teaching shoes. The alarm went off, and I'm now wondering if these are going to be suitable for actually playing golf!

These are the ones I'm talking about :

http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Mens-Premium-Teaching-Shoes/dp/B004PLQKS6

As an interesting aside - I visited this exact store 15 years ago (almost to the day), and bought my first proper pair of golf shoes, from the Tiger Woods range, which I still have and use at the range, and a TW Polo Shirt. This time, I came out with a pair of shoes, and a polo shirt too!

I'm thinking that if they are just light use non-playing shoes, I could probably make my money back on Ebay, as they are unworn...

Don't see why you couldn't play in them. I'm assuming they're called a teaching shoe because they're spikeless.

Don't see why you couldn't play in them. I'm assuming they're called a teaching shoe because they're spikeless.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Probably called Teaching shoes, as they are meant for wearing on the range? Never seen a golf shoe called that. Spikeless shoes are quite common now, so I dont think you will have a problem with them.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. Probably called Teaching shoes, as they are meant for wearing on the range? Never seen a golf shoe called that. Spikeless shoes are quite common now, so I dont think you will have a problem with them.

This^^^^^^^

Teaching shoes were the first spineless golf shoe that allowed pros to work the lesson and tee and the proshop without changing shoes. You will be fine, no alarms needed

Phew - thanks guys - appreciate the replies.

They look fine. I'm not sure how much traction you'll get in wet conditions v. dry conditions though. Congratulations on scoring a great deal.

Actually - I'd hope these might be better in the wet conditions we get here (more often than not!). With my cleats, over a round, they will clog up with mud, and end up as smooth mounds. On a rainy day, my feet will slip at least once, maybe more on drives. With these shoes, I have a feeling the tread will shed the mud a little more easily. Time will tell though - but for 50 bucks, I had to try it :)

A lot of members in the Adicross said they noticed no lack in traction and those looks to be more aggressive than the Adicross', so my guess is you'll have no problem.

Back