The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills should have known better anyways taking EJ. When was the last time a FSU QB did anything in the NFL? Winkie, Rix, and their best Ward played basketball. I still wonder where the Dolphins go with free agency and the draft. I think they need to get a deep threat and let Wallace go if it won't kill the cap. TE might be a need with Clay being there so maybe Maxx or Walford could be a pick up.

Titans could have close to 60 million in cap space if they make the cuts that most of the fans deem needed. Michael Griffin being one, along with Bernard Pollard and quite a few others that are serving no purpose. Would love for Jason McCourty to be able to recruit Devin to come to Tennessee. Also want Justin Houston and Dan Williams. Would like Suh because a DLINE with Casey-Suh- Leonard Williams would be very nice, but if Williams is a stud like most are projecting we will have to pay him a ton after his rookie deal and that will be a lot of money in the dline. And I think it would be more beneficial to pay Houston at OLB and try and get Dan Williams to man the middle of the 3-4

Bills should have known better anyways taking EJ. When was the last time a FSU QB did anything in the NFL? Winkie, Rix, and their best Ward played basketball. I still wonder where the Dolphins go with free agency and the draft. I think they need to get a deep threat and let Wallace go if it won't kill the cap. TE might be a need with Clay being there so maybe Maxx or Walford could be a pick up.

Weinke was a 4th round pick and older.
Rix I dont even think was drafted
Ward did just fine as a player (just a different sport).
One bust so far in the group being for the Vikes as I think its far too early to call Manuel a bust.

Weinke was a 4th round pick and older.
Rix I dont even think was drafted
Ward did just fine as a player (just a different sport).
One bust so far in the group being for the Vikes as I think its far too early to call Manuel a bust.

I am just pointing out that FSU is not known for putting QB's into the leauge that work out as starters. And it was a dig at FSU since I am a Miami fan :angry:

I am just pointing out that FSU is not known for putting QB's into the leauge that work out as starters. And it was a dig at FSU since I am a Miami fan :angry:

What school is? Id love to hear about a school that is known for QBs in the modern era.

A few days old, but glad the Bolts inked Dunlap to a deal, a little pricey, but he was solid this past season.

I just hope to he doesn't turn into another Gaither for us.

Brad Johnson did ok for a few games...

What school is? Id love to hear about a school that is known for QBs in the modern era.

Modern Era is not easy at all because most QB's have been around a while. Stanford has put some good ones but other than that in the last 10 years I guess none other than USC and most of them don't pan out but they have put 4-5 into the NFL in a row.

Modern Era is not easy at all because most QB's have been around a while. Stanford has put some good ones but other than that in the last 10 years I guess none other than USC and most of them don't pan out but they have put 4-5 into the NFL in a row.

So what your saying is that its not FSU, but every school.
Just making sure I understand.
Stanford? Outside of Luck, are we going back a few decades to Elway and even Brodie?

Maybe we should discuss the stretch from Miami? Torretta, Erickson, Dorsey and Walsh...

I was looking at a list of free agents and what I would like to see from the Browns and noticed Mike Vick is available then I thought Vick playing in the dog pound might not be a good fit.

So I guess Marshawn Lynch is coming out with a movie...

NSFW

I laughed.

The Cleveland Browns 2015 motto:

"Orange is the new orange."

Stanford? Outside of Luck, are we going back a few decades to Elway and even Brodie?

Maybe we should discuss the stretch from Miami? Torretta, Erickson, Dorsey and Walsh...

Jim Kelly was in there and Bernie Kosar. And I would say just going back in history over all most FSU QB's dont work out in the NFL, just like Oregon Joey Harrinton, Akili Smith, and so on. Just some programs don't move QB's into the NFL. Florida QB's have been bad too Weurful, Tebow, Leek, and so on. I think if you are going to reach for a QB they better fit your system and they better be the next big thing. RGIII that was another one the Redskins should have known better. Manziel another one. The best qb's lately have come from schools you would not expect, so why reach and waste your picks on an almost garunteed bust. Like I said it was a dig at the Seminoles but they should have known better on just a pure talent level. Look at the biggest and badest qb's lately none came from huge programs Delaware and Miami of OH for example. I just think it was a bad move and I will ding the Dolphins for the samething I think they reached too high for Tannehill. But I guess hindsight is 20/20 even though there were tons of analyst and former coaches calling most of these picks bad.

Jim Kelly was in there and Bernie Kosar. And I would say just going back in history over all most FSU QB's dont work out in the NFL, just like Oregon Joey Harrinton, Akili Smith, and so on. Just some programs don't move QB's into the NFL. Florida QB's have been bad too Weurful, Tebow, Leek, and so on. I think if you are going to reach for a QB they better fit your system and they better be the next big thing. RGIII that was another one the Redskins should have known better. Manziel another one. The best qb's lately have come from schools you would not expect, so why reach and waste your picks on an almost garunteed bust. Like I said it was a dig at the Seminoles but they should have known better on just a pure talent level. Look at the biggest and badest qb's lately none came from huge programs Delaware and Miami of OH for example. I just think it was a bad move and I will ding the Dolphins for the samething I think they reached too high for Tannehill. But I guess hindsight is 20/20 even though there were tons of analyst and former coaches calling most of these picks bad.

Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar from the modern era? Interesting.
Brad Johnson won a super bowl in the NFL. He went to FSU.

Labeling Oregon as a bust from a school and then using Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar as examples of why Miami is not quickly forgets that before Joey Harrington and Smith, they had players such as Chris Miller and Dan Fouts.

Its a reach...

And finally, the "baddest" QBs in the league absolutely came from big programs in the name of Michigan and Tennessee.

No Testeverde? He still holds records for Tampa. (Not that they are impressive ones)

No Testeverde? He still holds records for Tampa. (Not that they are impressive ones)

Vinny was before those players. Those 4 were more recent. Since the discussion was about the modern era.

Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar from the modern era? Interesting.
Brad Johnson won a super bowl in the NFL. He went to FSU.

Labeling Oregon as a bust from a school and then using Jim Kelly and Bernie Kosar as examples of why Miami is not quickly forgets that before Joey Harrington and Smith, they had players such as Chris Miller and Dan Fouts.

Its a reach...

And finally, the "baddest" QBs in the league absolutely came from big programs in the name of Michigan and Tennessee.

I will give you Peyton but a luck pick in the 7th round from Michigan is a tough sell. I will say there is no true QB school anymore other than USC they draft them bust after bust. The only 1 that is consistantly successful is Palmer and he is injured alot. They have had every starting qb in the last years it seems like drafted. Sanchez, Palmer, Cassell though he didn't start, Lienart, and Barkley.

Ohh and Miami had Brock Berlin yeah he is ohh wait he sucks too. And Stephen Morris and Jacqory Harris.

Vinny was before those players. Those 4 were more recent. Since the discussion was about the modern era.

COuple years off from Torreta I should have read the posts before about modern era :comp:

I will give you Peyton but a luck pick in the 7th round from Michigan is a tough sell. I will say there is no true QB school anymore other than USC they draft them bust after bust. The only 1 that is consistantly successful is Palmer and he is injured alot. They have had every starting qb in the last years it seems like drafted. Sanchez, Palmer, Cassell though he didn't start, Lienart, and Barkley.

Ohh and Miami had Brock Berlin yeah he is ohh wait he sucks too. And Stephen Morris and Jacqory Harris.

Brady was selected in the 6th round.

I am huge Tampa fan and want nothing more than a QB to lead us as in my time I never seen a GREAT QB run onto the field in TB uniform. The #1 pick is risk no matter who you take. Lets roll the dice and leave the rest for history to decide.

Looks like Earl Thomas is out 8 months so I don't see us returning to the Super Bowl. I do see us making the playoffs but with soo much uncertainty about our secondary it doesn't look good right now. Also not sure if Lynch is coming back. He might retire.

Looks like Earl Thomas is out 8 months so I don't see us returning to the Super Bowl. I do see us making the playoffs but with soo much uncertainty about our secondary it doesn't look good right now. Also not sure if Lynch is coming back. He might retire.

It wont be because of Earl Thomas. Pretty Hollow ground to go 3 times in a row. I would say the odds are the biggest thing stacked against you.

It wont be because of Earl Thomas. Pretty Hollow ground to go 3 times in a row. I would say the odds are the biggest thing stacked against you.
Depends how he heals IMO. Earl and Kam are the heart of that team, along with Wilson

So has anyone heard about this mythical Dez Bryant video that's supposed to drop today or tomorrow? Supposedly "5 times worse" than the Ray Rice video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back