Drivers, oh the confusion.

Rageshadow

Reaction score
Handicap
Me
Not really sure where to put this so if it is in the wrong place move it as needed. Ok here is the question. I am now playing a Callaway Diablo Octane 10.5* driver, i moved to this club this year from a Wilson deep red 12*, after the switch I have been struggling with my driver to the point of bagging it to use my 3 wood. I know i have a slower swing speed don't get me wrong I loved that old deep red but the new toy bug bit me as it does most folks. Does the 12* make that much difference as to go back to it or keep working with the 10.5*? Now I say go back the old club because as some of you have read in the past, I am fulltime caregiver for my mother and stepfather, so that means I can't afford one of the new adjustable drivers. I know I am rambling sorry.

What flex of shaft did you have in your previous Wilson? What is your miss with the Callaway Octane compared to your (less often) misses with the Wilson?

Try choking up on the Octane. I know that it is a longer club than the Wilson and that could be a big reason for the loss of control.

Try choking up on the Octane. I know that it is a longer club than the Wilson and that could be a big reason for the loss of control.

I think the above would be the biggest culprit here. Good call C0ncept.

Both have regular shafts, my miss with the octane is serious slice and less distance. I can't seem to get the ball up with the octane either.

Almost every review I've read about the Octane the reviewer has said that it creates more spin then any driver they've ever hit, think this could have something to do with it?

Not really sure where to put this so if it is in the wrong place move it as needed. Ok here is the question. I am now playing a Callaway Diablo Octane 10.5* driver, i moved to this club this year from a Wilson deep red 12*, after the switch I have been struggling with my driver to the point of bagging it to use my 3 wood. I know i have a slower swing speed don't get me wrong I loved that old deep red but the new toy bug bit me as it does most folks. Does the 12* make that much difference as to go back to it or keep working with the 10.5*? Now I say go back the old club because as some of you have read in the past, I am fulltime caregiver for my mother and stepfather, so that means I can't afford one of the new adjustable drivers. I know I am rambling sorry.

There is a reason you hit your 3 wood better. Time to see a PGA professional and then a clubfitter.

Back