Ohio Woman Crazy Driving Story

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa....OH members, wake up before MeeMaws drive over you. Crazy story.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-woman-drives-crowd-injuring-dozens-174606893.html

A 63-year-old woman unexplainably drove her car into a crowded town square in northwest Ohio and struck bystanders, sending some through the air and pinning others under the car until freed when bystanders lifted the vehicle, authorities and witnesses said.

About 30 people were injured. Some suffered serious injuries to their legs, heads and necks, none of them life-threatening, police said. All but four were released from the hospital Friday, a hospital spokeswoman said. At least one other person was taken to another hospital.

The chaotic scene unfolded Friday night in Lima, where more than 1,000 people had gathered for a weekly community event featuring live music. A witness said the woman appeared disoriented.

"We were packed," said Andrea Scheckelhoss, who was working in a beer truck at the event. "This was probably one of our busiest nights."
Scheckelhoss said people were trying to get their last round of beer for the night when she saw the small, four-door vehicle come from her right and plow through the crowd. About 50 people were in and around its path.

"I could hear the people hitting against the car," the 25-year-old Scheckelhoss said. "There were shoes flying. I could see people tumbled over. It was just so disturbing."

Scheckelhoss, one of the first people to dial 911, said the woman had a white dog in the back seat. "I remember looking at the woman's face," she said. "She looked disoriented."

Lima Police Detective Steve Stechschulte said the Lima-area woman, who police would not identify, probably drove the car about 50 feet at about 20 mph. Tire marks show the car's destructive path, including on a sidewalk and mulch-filled flower bed.

Stechschulte said officials Saturday were still investigating the cause of the crash. He said the woman was not injured and was released pending further investigation. She was cooperating with officers, he said.

Todd Truesdale, the fire chief for Shawnee Township, was at the event with his wife and some friends. He said he had his back turned to the accident when he heard a loud scream and turned around.

"I saw two people go up the air, and I knew it was a car," he said. "I couldn't see it, but I heard the revving of the engine."

Finally, the car struck an old sculpture in the square, witnesses say, then came to a stop with its windshield shattered. Those nearby picked it up to free victims who were trapped.

Truesdale, who said the car came to rest right beside him, began to help local responders.

"Everyone was trying to help," he said. "It was tragic, but it was nice to see the community come together."

Lima is about 80 miles south of Toledo.

Holy revocation! Fortunate no one was seriously injured. She's has a lot of I'm sorry blankets to knit now.

Holy Jeebus, that's a long way to drive on a sidewalk at 20 mph..guess it was a good thing somebody thought to build a statue there or no telling how far she would have gone.

Probably had her blinker on for a left turn she never took too.

Probably had her blinker on for a left turn she never took too.[/QUOTE]
Hahaha.... Yeah thats a long time to be on a sidewalk. She thought they had narrowed the highway.

Old people shouldn't be allowed to drive without passing a mental test and a drivers test that is more difficult than the one you get when you're 16. End of story.

• Admin
Old people shouldn't be allowed to drive without passing a mental test and a drivers test that is more difficult than the one you get when you're 16. End of story.

I feel the same way about having to pass a drivers test. Although I feel the same way about kids when they turn 21 and 25 as well.

I read about this earlier. I hope that all the victims recuperate fully and that the authorities figure out what exactly happened.

She was in Lima, OH? She saw some kids singing and dancing and thought it was her chance to take out those Glee kids , once and for all.

I feel the same way about having to pass a drivers test. Although I feel the same way about kids when they turn 21 and 25 as well.

QFT...I think when you hit 60 you should have to renew your license every 2 years with a full vision, written and driving test...period!!

I have seen way to many accidents caused by elderly people that had no business behind the wheel.

QFT...I think when you hit 60 you should have to renew your license every 2 years with a full vision, written and driving test...period!!

I have seen way to many accidents caused by elderly people that had no business behind the wheel.

I guess my question is this. I know the govt makes a ton of money off people driving, but why dont people have to do that anyway? Every 36 months take a driving test. People change all the time.

I guess my question is this. I know the govt makes a ton of money off people driving, but why dont people have to do that anyway? Every 36 months take a driving test. People change all the time.

It ought to be that way, but the "gray lobby" is a strong political force.

Crazy thing about Texas....my license came up for renewal this past year on my birthday...I get a postcard 2 months before that inviting me to "renew online" and get my new license for 6 years instead of 4....no vision test...no nothing...log on...clickity, clickity and 6 year renewal....how they hell do they know I didn't go blind in the last 4 years....or get alzheimers or something??????

It's crazy!! If you made everyone do it every 3 years they would get more money in fees from the license I would think.

It ought to be that way, but the "gray lobby" is a strong political force.

Then do it for EVERYBODY....charge a few extra bucks to pay for the additional staff required to give the tests and be done with it....the "gray lobby" (is that the entrance to Bill and Kelly's house??) couldn't do anything if it was done across the board....once every 3 years is not that big of a deal.

Crazy thing about Texas....my license came up for renewal this past year on my birthday...I get a postcard 2 months before that inviting me to "renew online" and get my new license for 6 years instead of 4....no vision test...no nothing...log on...clickity, clickity and 6 year renewal....how they hell do they know I didn't go blind in the last 4 years....or get alzheimers or something??????

It's crazy!! If you made everyone do it every 3 years they would get more money in fees from the license I would think.

True story. I have renewed my license on time since I was 17 years old. I have not taken a new picture and had 6 licenses in 7 different states since I was 23. Almost 15 years.

True story. I have renewed my license on time since I was 17 years old. I have not taken a new picture and had 6 licenses in 7 different states since I was 23. Almost 15 years.

You must look like a punk in your license photo...LOL

Then do it for EVERYBODY....charge a few extra bucks to pay for the additional staff required to give the tests and be done with it....the "gray lobby" (is that the entrance to Bill and Kelly's house??) couldn't do anything if it was done across the board....once every 3 years is not that big of a deal.

I agree with you, but a lot of elderly folks don't, and they tend to be more politically active than younger folks.

I agree with you, but a lot of elderly folks don't, and they tend to be more politically active than younger folks.

I think it depends on the election as the last one showed us.

It's so hard to have to strip someone of their driving privileges, as much as it has to be done at times. Kills some people quality of life.

I agree 100%. I just moved to TX. I went to DMV (or whatever they call it here) took a vision test, got my license. I'm only 59 but I think there should be something a bit more effective. I think once you hit 60, you take a road test every three years. At 80, make it every year.

I think it depends on the election as the last one showed us.

True, I'm talking more state or local level politics though.

It's so hard to have to strip someone of their driving privileges, as much as it has to be done at times. Kills some people quality of life.

Driving is not a right. It's a privilege.

Wow, you guys are making us "old" folks feel REALLY old. I don't think of 63 as old at all. To me, 83 is old, but 63 is the age of a lot of my friends and none of them seem old enough to be having problems with driving. Well, maybe Dawgdaddy but his problem is road rage, not old age. LOL

Wow, you guys are making us "old" folks feel REALLY old. I don't think of 63 as old at all. To me, 83 is old, but 63 is the age of a lot of my friends and none of them seem old enough to be having problems with driving. Well, maybe Dawgdaddy but his problem is road rage, not old age. LOL

KB,
I dont think its an age thing as much as its odd to me that someone passes a drivers test in their youth and in some instances never has to again.

Better than having them kill me while I am standing in line for a beer on a sidewalk!

I agree with that! OG's mom used to ride to a neighboring town with her almost 90-year-old friend every Wednesday. We always worried about them but they had been friends forever and managed to survive every trip. Now that's old and that women really needs to be off the road. They definitely need to do testing at least every 5 years or so.

KB,
I dont think its an age thing as much as its odd to me that someone passes a drivers test in their youth and in some instances never has to again.

Back