RxGus Swing Thread

Resurrecting an old thread here...

I was driving the ball really well at the outing at Grand Cypress! As I got tired, I started to lose balls to the right... didn't think anything of it.
Since the outing, I have started to lose ALL my drives hard right, I was hoping the kind people here might be able to help me out!

I see a small OTT move at the end of the backswing, and a little more sway in my hips than I should really have. I get a good ball flight down my target line for 75% of the shot before it bends on me. Thoughts?
Too steep? Inside take away?

[video=youtube;nGi-Ueb-fbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGi-Ueb-fbw&feature=plcp[/video]

My 7i for comparison. I have actually been hitting my irons really well as of late. I would be shooting much better if I wasn't taking a lot of penalty strokes, or playing out of awful lies on every hole.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Resurrecting an old thread here...

I was driving the ball really well at the outing at Grand Cypress! As I got tired, I started to lose balls to the right... didn't think anything of it.
Since the outing, I have started to lose ALL my drives hard right, I was hoping the kind people here might be able to help me out!

I see a small OTT move at the end of the backswing, and a little more sway in my hips than I should really have. I get a good ball flight down my target line for 75% of the shot before it bends on me. Thoughts?
Too steep? Inside take away?

[video=youtube;nGi-Ueb-fbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGi-Ueb-fbw&feature=plcp[/video]

My 7i for comparison. I have actually been hitting my irons really well as of late. I would be shooting much better if I wasn't taking a lot of penalty strokes, or playing out of awful lies on every hole.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

I've looked this over and will have some tips for you in the AM

Tadashi strikes again!

Dang you must be a tour pro you give the best swing advice!!

Much appreciated Freddie.
I have some head-on videos uploaded, but youtube isn't showing them at the moment. If they appear tomorrow I'll put them up here as well.

Looking back at this thread, my swing has really flattened out from last spring. I am a much better golfer now, with a worse swing. How does that work?

to me (take it for what its worth) and Im sure Freddie will be way better, but it seems first off you are lined up to the right (or is it just me being cross eyed?)

to me (take it for what its worth) and Im sure Freddie will be way better, but it seems first off you are lined up to the right (or is it just me being cross eyed?)

I have always played a draw stance, so my left foot is a little in front of my right. For better or for worse, that's intentional.

I ran out of witty tapatalk signatures...

I have always played a draw stance, so my left foot is a little in front of my right. For better or for worse, that's intentional.

I ran out of witty tapatalk signatures...

ok, thanks for the clarification

Head-on

From my round Friday

Last edited:
I am not an expert at all, but it seems like there is alot of lateral movement....swaying back on the takeaway.

BTW, what kind of camera did you use for that? My Flip is handy but doesn't do really good on slow mo because I have the cheaper one that only does 30fps

I am not an expert at all, but it seems like there is alot of lateral movement....swaying back on the takeaway.

BTW, what kind of camera did you use for that? My Flip is handy but doesn't do really good on slow mo because I have the cheaper one that only does 30fps

I use a DSLR digital camera. It records at 1080p, but only 30 fps.
I use the slow motion function on imovie- and I think it does a pretty good job with only 30 fps.

Edit:
One more

Gus one thing, that second shot on your HOTD video was pure. Great square setup, great tempo, good transition into the ball and solid finish. Watch that over and over again.
Second, if you tell yourself your going to hit it bad or make double bogie, it generally happens. Never approach a shot with a negative mind set. The mind is powerful and will take over.
I'll get you you swing tips later. Just wanted to give you what I think is a good mental nugget.

Back