The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long flight dude. I've experienced some long ones in my day. That's why I used to eat pain killers before I got on the plane, LOL

Have fun in Germany dude. What a fun country that is.

I am sure that's what the guy that fell asleep on him and kept farting the whole way did too, LOL

Mid June and I still need a jacket this morning.

That's a crappy rant....come to South Texas and burst into flames when you go outside...I will take a jacket anyday!

That's a crappy rant....come to South Texas and burst into flames when you go outside...I will take a jacket anyday!

True that... No vampire is safe in Texas. The sun shines long and hot ;)

True that... No vampire is safe in Texas. The sun shines long and hot ;)

The only good news in South Texas is with all the humidity, after you burst into flames, you sweat so much you put the flames out.

I got a sandwich this morning from Subway and the bread fell apart completely. I hate that.

The sandwich sucked.

I got a sandwich this morning from Subway and the bread fell apart completely. I hate that.

The sandwich sucked.

Obviously, some sandwich artists are better than others.

My rant: I played in a Captain's Choice tournament yesterday and on the long drive hole, I would have won except my drive rolled a foot and a half into the first cut of rough. It wouldn't have bothered me if this had happened on a hole with a straight fairway and I hit an off-center drive, but it was a dogleg left and I thought I hit it perfectly; it drew around the corner and landed in the middle of the fairway but rolled through. I was 30 yards plus the guy who won it. Honestly, who has a long drive competition on a dogleg?

Not sure which is worse. Going to Walmart with the better half and experiencing all the dumb arses and people pissing you off first hand. Or NOT going to Walmart with the better half, and having to listen to an hour long rant session about every person that pissed them off and who all they saw and what they said, word for word.

Walmart. The armpit of the world.

Set up...practice swing
reset...practice swing
reset...practice swing
reset...shank, skull, fat, hosel rocket...you name it

Yep I played with someone that did that for EVERY, shot and turned the round into a 6 hour heat fest in Arizona. I could never get into a groove and played horrible.

Set up...practice swing
reset...practice swing
reset...practice swing

Yep I played with someone that did that for EVERY, shot and turned the round into a 6 hour heat fest in Arizona. I could never get into a groove and played horrible.

lol I'd left after 9 holes of that

Set up...practice swing
reset...practice swing
reset...practice swing

6hrs? No way I woulda lasted that long

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Here's my rant for the day:

I had a bunch of misc golf gear in my attic. I decided to sell some off on eBay, since I've had great luck buying there for YEARS. Four items went up for auction.

First item: Sold, and was paid for quickly. Pleasant, easy transaction.

Second item: These clubs got bid up higher than I expected them to. 45 minutes before auction closed, lead bidder sends me a message declaring his intent to not pay if he wins the auction. Rather than retract his bid, so the previous bidder would win, he let the auction close, and of course, he's the high bidder. So I send out a second chance offer to the second highest bidder. Of course he's going to think I shilled up the higher bid to get his bid up to it's maximum. Makes me look bad and himself for flaking.

Third item: This sells for minimum price. No problem there. I started the bidding at my bottom line, so I'm OK with the price. What I was not OK with was the winning bidder wanting me to ship his clubs to friggin Sweden when I explicitly stated in the listing that I would not ship internationally. I must have missed the part about the US annexing Sweden.

Fourth item: Potential bidder sends me a message asking if I would make a buy it now price so he could just buy my clubs, so I know he wants to buy them. I wanted to let the auction run it's course. Same guy bids on the clubs, and wins the auction. He sends me a message saying he doesn't have the funds to pay for them. How in the hell can you bid on something that you know you're not going to pay for? So now I'm in the same boat as with item #2, where I offer it to the second high bidder at his last bid price, but I'm sure he thinks I used a shill to bid the price up.

What is wrong with these people? Is there no integrity left in the world? I lose faith in my fellow man more and more every day. I really wish there was an eBay function to allow me to reach through the computer and slap the p##s out of people. One good transaction out of four attempts is just horrible. Can't people just have the decency to not make bids they have no intention of honoring? How about just reading and understanding simple instructions? Why are people in general(THP members excluded, of course) just stupid? If I acted like some of these clowns, I would hope that someone would put a foot in my butt repeatedly until I got things right in my head.

Picked the WRONG day to go to the driving range was more like a day care center today daddy,daddy,daddy daddy watch me had a few pop up over my shoulder..

I miss WI for that reason, TX is a bit too toasty for me in summer.

82 and a nice cool breeze here today zeff ...

You lived in IA?

Everyone should live in Iowa, at least for a little while. I lived there for two years, went to Kindergarten and first grade there.

I like Iowa for the most part. Better than Michigan. No offense, Michiganders.

I like Iowa for the most part. Better than Michigan. No offense, Michiganders.

You must be drinking already hehe

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Something's different and it irritates me. Oh well, go Beau Woods!

Picked the WRONG day to go to the driving range was more like a day care center today daddy,daddy,daddy daddy watch me had a few pop up over my shoulder..

Opposite for me. Course was giving range balls away for free all day. I spent a good hour there hitting balls, watching kids hit balls, etc. Granted, the youngest was prob 8 or 9, so they were all pretty well behaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back