Fairway wood shafts

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm in serious ponder mode over the G20 fairway in the Marketplace. My question is, I've hit the I20 with PX Black shaft. How would that compare to the G20 with the TFC Tour shaft in terms of launch angle, how stiff/whippy it plays to flex, and if there would be a distance gain or not. I currently have an R11s 15.5* with the Aldila RIP Phenom Reg. How would it compare to this particular G20?

Personally i've always found stock offerings to be quite good. But then it really depends on your desired flight

I'm in serious ponder mode over the G20 fairway in the Marketplace. My question is, I've hit the I20 with PX Black shaft. How would that compare to the G20 with the TFC Tour shaft in terms of launch angle, how stiff/whippy it plays to flex, and if there would be a distance gain or not. I currently have an R11s 15.5* with the Aldila RIP Phenom Reg. How would it compare to this particular G20?

I think the TFC shaft plays just a hair stiffer than the PX Black (in a driver) because I tried the TFC X vs the PX Black 6.5 and went with the PX. In the fairway metals, I don't think you'll have any issues because of the added weight of the shaft...

I think the TFC shaft plays just a hair stiffer than the PX Black (in a driver) because I tried the TFC X vs the PX Black 6.5 and went with the PX. In the fairway metals, I don't think you'll have any issues because of the added weight of the shaft...

Thanks, I think I'm gonna make an offer after a bit more research. Looks like a good deal if he'll make a trade.

This may sound a bit confusing, but I'm going to try and explain this as best as possible from my experience.

I have hit the I20 3-wood with both the TFC shaft and the X black. I found the TFC shaft to play stiffer, more of a piercing flight, as opposed to rising up to the apex so quickly, like the X Black.

The TFC shaft in the G20 though is higher launching than the stock I20 offering, yet still piercing. That may be related to the head some as well though as the G20 offers a little more help than the I20.

This may sound a bit confusing, but I'm going to try and explain this as best as possible from my experience.

I have hit the I20 3-wood with both the TFC shaft and the X black. I found the TFC shaft to play stiffer, more of a piercing flight, as opposed to rising up to the apex so quickly, like the X Black.

The TFC shaft in the G20 though is higher launching than the stock I20 offering, yet still piercing. That may be related to the head some as well though as the G20 offers a little more help than the I20.

Are you referring to the TFC or TFC Tour?

Are you referring to the TFC or TFC Tour?

TFC 169 in the G20 and 707 in the I20. Sorry, I did not realize you said Tour. I have not hit the Tour.

TFC 169 in the G20 and 707 in the I20. Sorry, I did not realize you said Tour. I have not hit the Tour.

That's fine, still think I'll make an offer on it soon though.

Back