VinceRKG

Reaction score
Handicap
Well at the good ol age of 32, I am still playing mens slow pitch softball. lol its fun and addicting. So much I find myself playing almost every weekend.....anyone else?

I have been playing for years and lots of ball for years lol but at the age of 34 im slowing down a bit and playing more golf

Played college baseball and tried slow pitch softball after I blew my shoulder out and couldn't play anymore, and hated it. Completely different game and couldn't get into it. I felt like I needed catchers equipment to play shortstop lol. And for the life of me just could not find the center of the ball with the thinner bats.

I used to play 3 leagues a week and tournaments every Weekend. Well over 150 games a year. Then I got old and injured, and started playing golf. Ha

Last edited:
Played from 20 until 29 for my navy command befor playing hardball again until 33. Gave all that up to play more golf

I'd love to play, but I refuse to. The leagues around here are too competitive to have any fun with them. I want the league where you get a double and drink a beer. The season I played co-ed here, they changed about 20 rules, had people sandbagging, and ringers showing up for the playoffs, not to mention shaved bats, ridiculously tight strikezones and too many 20 something males that wanted to relive their glory days and nearly got into fist fights over completely ridiculous nonsense.

I used to play A LOT. My last season playing, I slipped rounding third and separated my shoulder hitting the ground with it first. Didn't play for two months, then on my first game back, ruptured a muscle in my lower leg rounding third again.

Softball career over. =(

No longer play travel but instead play coed twice a week with friends. Still gets competitive and I still play harder than I need to but at 30 I love to outrun some of the younger guys. I can't stand the shaved bat crap and crying over calls from some of the guys. Told one of the other teams Monday night that they were bush league. Then told the guy that if this were baseball we would peg him every change we had.

have played in beer league's and serious league's, have won championships in both and have been on last place teams in both, won a couple of tournaments along the way also.

Used to play up to 3-4 games a week. Cut back to 1-2 and finally retired a few years ago.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

There is a thread here somewhere where we have been posting. Play fairly competitive ASA ball. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to play A LOT. My last season playing, I slipped rounding third and separated my shoulder hitting the ground with it first. Didn't play for two months, then on my first game back, ruptured a muscle in my lower leg rounding third again.

Softball career over. =(

The solution to your problem is obvious. Hold at third!

The solution to your problem is obvious. Hold at third!
Ha. Our third base coach used to kid me that he needed to get a rope to lasso me, as I always took his hold sign as a recommendation not an order.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Used to play a bunch, but retired about 10 years ago or so. When I was single, it was something to do. Then got married, had kids, plenty to do then. Plus, my throwing elbow has been messed up since high school, and it got to the point where if I made 4-5 hard throws in a game it felt like my arm was going to split at the joint.

One team I played for had a rule that if you made the last out of the game, you had a bring a case of beer for the group the next week. It was also a doubleheader league, so two chances per night. Kind of fun, and added some pressure to a relaxed game. Worst part would be to make the first out of an inning, then bat around and run rule a team and you were stuck buying.

I played a few years ago, and technically am still on my slow pitch team, but realistically I retired two years ago when I learned I couldn't run from second to third without blowing up a hamstring. Still played SS and hit third though…

I loved it, and had a ton of fun, and I've actually thought about getting back into it in 2016.

I used to play a lot of softball, but not anymore. My last league i played in we won the fall tournament and I somehow forgot how to throw a ball a la Knoblauch.

Used to play alot of softball for the better part of 10-12 years. Retired from playing to mainly concentrate on golf, but also the throwing shoulder which had been a mess for awhile - got worse. Used to play from the beginning of spring right up until Thanksgiving and was consistently on 4 or 5 teams at a time.

Back