Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

If his launch is 8-9 with the 9*, I would definitely go with a 12* driver. That would get him much closer to 14* (which is where he should be) than the 10.5 would.

Thats kind of what I was thinking too, thanks buddy.

Also, I hit the stock 290 tonight in 9* and actually hit it surprisingly well considering the shaft weight. Was hitting it about 275 total pretty consistently with a little bit of fade. With some shaft tweaking I think it could be a pretty beastly driver for me. Was seeing a swing speed of about 113 at golf galaxy which I'm normally at about 107-108 so I imagine it was the machine tweaking it up a bit. Spin was a little high (can't remember exact # but it was in the 3500's I believe). It felt freaking awesome though. With a shaft switch I think it would be fighting for a spot in the bag no doubt.

I wish I knew what a baby draw looks like. Or even a push draw. Now that I've got the Secret Grip figured out I continue to hit what I like to call a "push hook". I'm really learning how to play it but it's just such a violent ball flight that while it's sometimes a joy to watch it scares me to death sometimes and definitely freaks out people that have never played with me before.

That being said the Cleveland Classic has continued its streak of nice, high, long, and consistent "push hooks" for me today. I hit 9/14 FIR today and only had one that actually stayed out right on me and didn't come back. Other than that the other 4 FIR's I missed were all first cut. I'll take it!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Well need some more time, first round with it was rough, had to go to my 3wood last 3 driving holes and was getting better over all results.

Really hope to get it to work, or find a shaft that works.

Haven't touched a club in about a week. Went on a no-golf vacation with the fiance. Anyways, before I left, I did have a tweaking lesson with a new pro who takes a less technical approach. After about 10 swings, I was striping this thing. Never have I hit it as far and straight as I did during that lesson. Still working on some alignment issues, but hope to see some improvements on the course. Will find out tonight in league.

Total surprise today. This is the first driver that I couldn't hit right off the bat. I didn't hit a single nice drive with it today. It got so bad I used my 3 wood on the last 4 holes. Every other driver I've tried I could at least stripe a few long ones the first time out. I don't know if I even got one out over 200 yards today. It did sound really nice though.

Well my driver and I finally came to an agreement, I grip it and rip it and it will bomb them down the middle. I had been trying to put a nice smooth swing on this club and I was really struggling with distance and direction. A good friend of mine asked me why I didn't just grip it and rip it? So thats what i have been doing the last two days and man what a difference. I played nine today and hit 3 of 5 fairways and no drive shorter than 245. The two I missed were huge hooks that were me getting my hips through too fast. I was really starting to wonder aobut this shaft and now i think I have found my answer. I am really liking the 12* loft on this club, a nice high ball flight, without balloning, and plenty of roll out at the end of the drive.

Well my driver and I finally came to an agreement, I grip it and rip it and it will bomb them down the middle. I had been trying to put a nice smooth swing on this club and I was really struggling with distance and direction. A good friend of mine asked me why I didn't just grip it and rip it? So thats what i have been doing the last two days and man what a difference. I played nine today and hit 3 of 5 fairways and no drive shorter than 245. The two I missed were huge hooks that were me getting my hips through too fast. I was really starting to wonder aobut this shaft and now i think I have found my answer. I am really liking the 12* loft on this club, a nice high ball flight, without balloning, and plenty of roll out at the end of the drive.

I see you have the 12* with the Silver. That is the same combo I am playing now. I am still getting a mid/low ball flight, you say a nice high flight but no balloning. Where have you found your tee height to be?

That's good to hear, RW. I think it goes to show that just swinging the damn club works better than trying to baby it.

Gawd, did i miss this driver yesterday. It's stupid how much I like this driver. It's so hard to explain how much I miss that big old gold section to pound balls in.

Gawd, did i miss this driver yesterday. It's stupid how much I like this driver. It's so hard to explain how much I miss that big old gold section to pound balls in.

I miss mine too. It's back in the bag on Sunday for me.

what did you use instead? Remember when you didn't like the gold section in the middle of the face?

what did you use instead? Remember when you didn't like the gold section in the middle of the face?

R11S.

Yeah dude, I told JB that only seeing pictures did this driver no justice. I can honestly tell you that it's the best driver, for me, that I've ever hit. I can rare back and hammer it or I can hit that butter cut when I need to hit a fairway. It's just good for me. The only think I might want is another one with that badass B. Asha shaft in it.

I really, really hope there is a Classic/B Asha combo at the Tour Van stop.

It really is something that needs to be seen in person to appreciate

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I can't wait for this to come to my house. I am so pumped

It really is something that needs to be seen in person to appreciate

And you know what, I've played Caledonia plenty of times before and I would never hit driver on some of the holes that I did. I just hit it well.

And you know what, I've played Caledonia plenty of times before and I would never hit driver on some of the holes that I did. I just hit it well.

Yeah you did. If I didn't hit the Fit so well I'd be looking at this one pretty hard

Yeah you did. If I didn't hit the Fit so well I'd be looking at this one pretty hard

you smoked the Fit on Sunday. Just needed to tighten the head.

As much as I'd love to sell you a Classic, LOL, I think you'd be foolish to change anything in your bag dude. I've never seen you hit the ball so solidly. No kidding.

I ALMOST bit on one yesterday, but the shaft options bottle my mind.
I just don't know which to try. Tried using that chart to compare current to offered shafts; made it worse. :banghead:

What shaft do you have in your driver right now, T0AD?

you smoked the Fit on Sunday. Just needed to tighten the head.

No joke

No joke

really wasn't. I would say after the 4th hole you were by far the best off the tee in the group, and really none of us were bad.

As much as I'd love to sell you a Classic, LOL, I think you'd be foolish to change anything in your bag dude. I've never seen you hit the ball so solidly. No kidding.

Only some minor tweaks that we lacked about but my bag is pretty much set and that feels good

What shaft do you have in your driver right now, T0AD?
UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight Stiff -- It's a low/mid launch shaft. That chart said flex code was 4-6-5-6 I think. Nothing really came close.

The part that has me all flummoxed is the weight of the heads. Wouldn't that matter? I can't find what a Cobra F Speed weighs.

Last edited:
UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight Stiff -- It's a low/mid launch shaft. That chart said flex code was 4-6-5-6 I think. Nothing really came close.

The part that has me all flummoxed is the weight of the heads. Wouldn't that matter? I can't find what a Cobra F Speed weighs.

Sorry, I went to lunch and forgot to get back to you. Why don't you give Miyazaki a call or email them? They'd probably help more than we can.

Remember you can also get the C Kua 59 series for no added cost. The Kusala series does involve an upcharge I believe.

Back