Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm yes please. I actually have a miyazaki blue that I tipped for a 3 wood just sitting in a bag doing nothing. If I decide to go F5 it might find its way in there.

I couldn't resist. I got the shaft at driver length in a 510tp head for 70.00. Its an 83x so the flex code is great in the hands, the softer tip scares me a bit though. I'm excited as hell to try it out either way. I'm thinking the VTS Black is about to go into the TF3 today as well.

Well if we're going that route with this then I'll fess up to pondering new Lajosi's too. LOL

what huge surprises! lol

Considering callaway org 14x or clicgear cart bag. Should I wait for the new stuff to come out?

I need to snipe a B Asha somehow. If Colsaerts is using one I must have it.

I need to snipe a B Asha somehow. If Colsaerts is using one I must have it.

if you find one anywhere let me know. lol im hoping the tour stops will have these. keeping my fingers crossed.

if you find one anywhere let me know. lol im hoping the tour stops will have these. keeping my fingers crossed.

They will be on Ebay shortly for exorbant amounts of money. I swear some of these tour van guys twilight as ebay sellers.

They will be on Ebay shortly for exorbant amounts of money. I swear some of these tour van guys twilight as ebay sellers.

yeah im still ok with my black so i won't pay more than retail for one. plus i would love to see some numbers first.

Weird ponder incoming...

I'm waiting for the 913's to come out to replace my 7 year old driver (R5 TP) and 10+ year old Steelhead III 3 wood (which still has a X100 shaft in it, haha)...not certain I'll love them, so I may never bag one, but I tend to test pretty well with Titleist drivers. I just love them for some reason, always have...975D was my first nice driver. If I don't like the 913 3 woods (Titleist hasn't been great with these last couple offerings), I am pondering picking up a beat up 906 3 wood head off the Bay, having it refinished in matte black (love this look), and throwing whatever shaft I test out best with in it. It'd be cheap, the 906 is awesome, and is IMO the best looking 3 wood I've hit next to the old 970 3 wood I bagged years and years ago.

Weird ponder incoming...

I'm waiting for the 913's to come out to replace my 7 year old driver (R5 TP) and 10+ year old Steelhead III 3 wood (which still has a X100 shaft in it, haha). If I don't like the 913 3 woods (Titleist hasn't been great with these last couple offerings), I am pondering picking up a beat up 906 3 wood head off the Bay, having it refinished in matte black (love this look), and throwing whatever shaft I test out best with in it. It'd be cheap, the 906 is awesome, and is IMO the best looking 3 wood I've hit next to the old 970 3 wood I bagged years and years ago.

Not that strange. Isn't Rory using a 906 3 wood still?

Yeah, he uses a 3 and 5 wood of them. I've wanted one for a while. It really is a beast of a 3 wood with the right shaft in it.

I am pondering a Mashie F5. I would like to have something in the bag at 18* and have a bad habit of hitting down on the fairway woods so this seems like a good option. I think I can hold out until the Iowa tour stop but we will see.

Yes, he is...and I loved it when I hit it previously. Just weird (for me) to be pondering an old stick and how I want to refinish it, etc. I think it would be an awesome stick with the matte black finish. I love the shape and the matte black looks great to me.

I've considered picking up an old v steel and sticking this black tie in it.

Jman, its ok buddy i just bought another putter.... so you can follow my lead!

After hitting my F3 today I think Chunky is in hardcore ponder mode.

Yes, he is...and I loved it when I hit it previously. Just weird (for me) to be pondering an old stick and how I want to refinish it, etc. I think it would be an awesome stick with the matte black finish. I love the shape and the matte black looks great to me.

Gotcha, I agree matte black looks good on almost anything. I don't think I have ever seen a 906 so now I am curious.

413ce89b-1228-9d12.jpg

Here is my current broken SHIII, been this way for years with the shaft bore partially twisted out. I'm just waiting on the head to fly off haha

...and yes, I bashed it off the cart path once years ago, hence the beat up heel. The beating was well deserved when it happened.

Getting AutoCorrected on my iPhone with Tapatalk since 2012.

I am pondering a Mashie F5. I would like to have something in the bag at 18* and have a bad habit of hitting down on the fairway woods so this seems like a good option. I think I can hold out until the Iowa tour stop but we will see.

You're more than welcome to hit my F5 w/ the Blue in it while we're there too if you're curious about a shaft other than the C.Kua's.

Buck, not happenin' dude, I'm in saving mode right now for the Outing and hopefully the MC!

You're more than welcome to hit my F5 w/ the Blue in it while we're there too if you're curious about a shaft other than the C.Kua's.

Buck, not happenin' dude, I'm in saving mode right now for the Outing and hopefully the MC!

I think I will take you up on that. You don't happen to be bringing a Lajosi or two by chance? :drool:

Good idea there, I need to do the same. I will be in Florida for my gf's friends wedding a week before the darn outing (ahh!!!), but I guess I should save and see if I could still make it work out. Already having another summer family vacation planned hurts too. I am bummed I won't have the money to go, since I planned on making the 2013 outing since I joined, but I guess I could start saving and see if I could work it out.

The Cleveland F3 will be mine. Would have been mine already if the power was not out at the Golfsmith near me. Hit Franks today and WTFranks this thing is sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back