Real Deal Tour Shafts Vs OEM Made For...Can you tell the difference...How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest Questions here for Pro Zone or anyone in the know. To my best memory I have read here that stock driver shafts like THE Red Tie on the 2014 Adams XTD Driver and the Fubuki 50 Z on the 2014 Callaway BB were the REAL DEAL. I do not know if that is the case. Honest Questions:

1.Are those 2 stock driver shafts the real deal?

2. Are there any examples of real deal stock shafts in OEM drivers? ( think the stock Mijazaki in Cleveland drivers from a few years back were real deal?)

3. Are none of the stock shafts in OEM Drivers real deal ?

I do not know but rightly or wrongly have assumed that in most cases the stock shafts in the OEM drivers are not the real deal.
however its not always the case, some OEM's do sell real deals at times, and usually people find out soon enough as they play awesome. Take Taylormade with the older 757 version, it was a hit!

Many claim the red tie is, I played it preformed very well, just stiffer than stated in a very solid head. XTD is a great buy for a low spin head that hits very straight. Stands for (XTD) extra time and dollars to produce. Its a join effort by Taylormade /Adams ...kinda R1/Adams blend of technology. I am looking at that head in 12*/Stiff for a strong player right now...can be had for $60-80
Fubuki 50 Z I am not sure of, have not fitted that shaft, perhaps I have pulled it. There is a lot of debate about Fubuki
I believe the Cleveland Miyazaki shafts were real deal, bought and fitted the Dromos / JDL 61x, they played very well and tested cpm / flex exact, and had good radial consistency. Yes find them on the bay cheap for a good upgrade
Yes some offerings are real deal. I believe TEE have real deal offerings.

That what this thread was started for, were golfers can post their knowledge, findings and info on a wide array of hundreds of shafts new and old and discuss the shaft...there are so many shafts out there and new ones coming to market its tough to keep up with them all, generally real deal have laser etching / serial numbers

Why would they have to do it twice with a club fitter? If the club fitter does his/her job, then the first fitting should be correct.

Why not just play what fits? Who cares about colour, or weight, or flex, where it'd made, or if it contains unicorn horn dust?

If you are fit for something, it fits your swing. All that matters.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I mean buy the oem shaft then pull that for a aftermarket shaft, when you could have ordered that aftermarket shaft from the OEM in the first place, saving you money

I mean buy the oem shaft then pull that for a aftermarket shaft, when you could have ordered that aftermarket shaft from the OEM in the first place, saving you money

Why would someone do that though?

If they are fit, chances are, they're going to just buy what the fitter recommends. If they're someone who buys off the shelf, than it's very likely that they could careless where there shaft was made, they care that they liked it on the sim or when hitting their buddies.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

@ProZoneGolf - You are making some very strong accusations against both the OEM's and the shaft companies. Why would the shaft companies want to "water down" their shafts. The answer is they have no incentive to. Instead they work closely with the OEM's to find a shaft that fits well with the head to give the best possible combination for the vast majority of golfers. Quite a bit goes into selecting that stock shaft because both the OEM and the shaft company want it to sell well. You make it seem like some of the products being put out are inferior and that just isn't the case. They may be made with different tolerances or materials to hit a certain price point but it doesn't do them any favors to produce a product that will suffer in performance due to these differences.

I am saying they are not the same as the real deal yet look the same, and cost cheaper to produce...how they preform is up to the golfer. Most people can hit anything once they adjust to it, now we can adjust the club to negate shaft flight flaws, some players it takes a little while to get used to it, and make it work. With a higher quality real deal fitted shaft, generally after the first 3-4 strikes you know its in the bag. I think they are easier to hit well also.
A lot has to do with money and price point, not many OEM's can sell a club for $300 with a $300 shaft in it, even with their buying power. Also if the club hits so well would you be back next year for the next model? The shaft is the engine of the club, and there are a lot of real deal shafts out there from previous years that would play superior to any new oem made for offerings today.

I am saying they are not the same as the real deal yet look the same...how they preform is up to the golfer. Most people can hit anything once they adjust to it, adjust the club, takes a little while to get used to it and make it work, with a higher quality fitted shaft, generally after the first 3-4 strikes you know its in the bag. I think they are easier to hit well.
A lot has to do with money and price point, not many OEM's can sell a club for $300 with a $300 shaft in it, even with their buying power. Also if the club hits so well would you be back next year for the next model? The shaft is the engine of the club.

So you are honestly trying to tell me that a "real deal" shaft is easier to hit than a "made for shaft"?

Man this is like driving past a car accident on the highway. Can't stop looking.

How was the Red Tie stiffer than stated? Flex is arbitrary. It's up to the shaft manufacturers to determine flex.

Im sorry, but this thread is nothing but throwing gas on a fire. It has seriously provided very little information to most readers, and seems to be an ongoing p!ssing match from someone who wants to make a point and push their own ideas on others as what they should believe, rather than have a rational conversation.

I dread clicking on this thread, to see what kind of information and retort has been posted.

I think we have exhausted this thread. It is locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back