Most angry you've ever seen someone get on the course

In a tourney I played in last year, I watched a +1 hdcp player 3 putt from 6 feet.
He proceeded to slam the putter against the bottom of his foot and bent the neck of his band new $350 Scotty Cameron to about 45 degrees.
That was on the 6th hole of the first round. He putted with his hybrid for 3 holes and then walked off the course.

Had a single join my partner and I. Guy had a nice set of players clubs and was going on about his GolfTec lessons. I figured he would be a 10 playing with two guys who'd play around 20. On the back he kept getting more and more angry over perfectly playable shots. Then from the sand he goes all Sergio and my partner said he broke his club. I didn't see it but didn't doubt it either. He picked up rather than putt out. Off the next tee he hit a fade/slice but still had a nice window and good distance so no harm done but he is irate about and it, and he is way past the don't let it bother you phase. At this point I'm just keeping my eye on this psycho in case he throws a club or snaps at something I might say. Both my partner and I were glad to be rid of him at the end of it. I learned a good lesson on not letting my frustrations affect my group or anger complete strangers. I still get angry at bad shots but do my best to be a pleasant playing partner. Bad behavior is much more embarrassing than bad golf.

Last year I was playing with a member of one of the nicer clubs here in STL. I have known him for a few years through biz deals and knew he was an emotional dude, but not necessarily an 'angry' man. Anyway, we tee off and the round was crap for both of us from the get go. It was super hot and neither of us were really having that much fun. Fast forward to the turn. We contemplated calling it quits but decided to go back out, against our better judgement. Well, for some reason he was so angry at the geese making noise, crapping all over the place etc. He 3 putts on 10 and that set him off. I get in the cart and notice he still has his putter in his hand. Next thing I know we are blazing down the fairway of 11 towards a flock of geese. Once we get close to the geese he starts swinging his putter like a battle axe yelling 'get the f*ck off my course'. I mean we are doing figure 8's, driving through rough, etc making these geese scatter while he is yelling at the top of his lungs. It was epic.

That is a good bit of writing there, it feels like I was there! Very funny

A few weeks ago I was so fed up with the lack of etiquette, incessantly slow play, and sarcastic remarks of someone in my school golf group that I chunked an 8 iron then threw my club a good 50 yards, threw my hat, then just sat down and waited for them to play on. Took 10 minutes but they did.

Last week I saw a guy break his R11S over his knee and throw the broken shaft in the woods. I was hoping he'd leave the head too for me, but he took it. Didn't bother with the shaft cause a shaft snapped in half is worthless.

This happened last Spring, got paired up with another single, had never met the guy before, but you all know the type, the parking lot pro the "Seriously?" commercials were based on. We got to the 6th and there is water up the left side from about half way down the fairway that wraps the green. He takes his tee shot and hits wide left into a half dozen or so momma geese who all have babies. All the way down the fairway I kept telling him "We're only playing for fun, don't mess with the geese just take a drop". Well he didn't want to listen and walks up with his 8I trying to shoo off the geese. Momma doesn't play that when she has babies. All of them are hissing at him, I'm sitting in the cart chuckling, figuring that should be enough warning for anyone. But no, he keeps trying to get them to move off his ball. One of the momma's had some anger management issues and charged him, bit him right in the family jewels. Guy drops like a rock and then this goose and 3 others pile on and start pecking him and beating the crap out of him with their wings. By this time he was screaming for help and I was laughing so damn hard I literally fell out of the cart. I was still laughing hysterically when he finally got free of them. He came charging back to the cart calling me everything but a child of god for not coming to his rescue. I was still pretty much unable to move from laughing, he was so pissed he unstrapped my bag from the cart and tossed it on the ground and went tearing off. I ended up having to call the clubhouse and have them bring me out another cart. It was so worth it though LOL

That is some good stuff right there!!

This happened last Spring, got paired up with another single, had never met the guy before, but you all know the type, the parking lot pro the "Seriously?" commercials were based on. We got to the 6th and there is water up the left side from about half way down the fairway that wraps the green. He takes his tee shot and hits wide left into a half dozen or so momma geese who all have babies. All the way down the fairway I kept telling him "We're only playing for fun, don't mess with the geese just take a drop". Well he didn't want to listen and walks up with his 8I trying to shoo off the geese. Momma doesn't play that when she has babies. All of them are hissing at him, I'm sitting in the cart chuckling, figuring that should be enough warning for anyone. But no, he keeps trying to get them to move off his ball. One of the momma's had some anger management issues and charged him, bit him right in the family jewels. Guy drops like a rock and then this goose and 3 others pile on and start pecking him and beating the crap out of him with their wings. By this time he was screaming for help and I was laughing so damn hard I literally fell out of the cart. I was still laughing hysterically when he finally got free of them. He came charging back to the cart calling me everything but a child of god for not coming to his rescue. I was still pretty much unable to move from laughing, he was so pissed he unstrapped my bag from the cart and tossed it on the ground and went tearing off. I ended up having to call the clubhouse and have them bring me out another cart. It was so worth it though LOL

That's funny stuff, not sure I wouldn't get a little "upset" about someone unstrapping and tossing my bag though.

Lol @ that geese story. I want to see someone get beaten down by geese. As long as it isn't me.

Worst I've seen is one of my friends on a regular basis. With everything else he is cool as a cucumber but put a golf club in his hands and woo nelly you better watch out. He gets really upset with every bad shot he makes (i.e. every shot) and quickly starts cussing and throwing clubs. One hole he broke a pitching wedge followed by a 9-iron and then his putter.

Normally it's not too bad and this stuff can slide but last weekend it really got to me and I completely lost my concentration. Went from clean ball striking to topping and shanking everything followed by a fair amount of cursing on my part (not my finest moment). After two holes of this I called it quits before a fancy 4-iron became a new piece of abstract art.

I guess a good way to look at things is there are no good shots or bad shots, just shots. What you do after is entirely in your control.

Ha. Sergio ripping off his shoe... Hilarious!

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

Me today :angry::at-wits-end::banghead::deadhorse::devil::golf3::shout::sick::surrender::zsimpsons::pissed-off::drinks:....LOL Naw I learned from it. You have to fight through the pain to see the gain :thumb:

I will learn how to fade the ball!

I once got so mad I threw my club into some bushes in frustration. I had been really working on my game, so I had high expectations. When I faltered repeatedly mid-way through the round and blew up, I was embarrassed to the core. Double that since it was the first time I was playing with a friend of mine, a D-I college coach. Somehow he forgave me for my poor behavior and we have played together since.

What triggered my change, though, was watching a friend, who never practices, blow up as if he should be better at the game. I vowed never to be that bitchy moany club-throwy guy again.

I used to have an anger issue on the course. It can still creep up on me. The most glaring transgression I have ever committed, was me getting mad after a botched pitch. Smashed the wheel off the pull cart. Carried my clubs and cart to the green. Threw my gear head first into the ground. Finished up on the green, proceeded to the tee-box, put the wheel back on the cart, righted the bag and clubs.... got it out of my system and carried on.

That day forever changed me. I was an idiot, a fool, and an embarassment. I swore I would never let it get that far again.

Let's be honest, how many of us were reading every story hoping none of them would be about something you did. I am one of them.

I saw this guy throw his iron right at a tree and he dented his steel shaft

Wow that is hysterical!

last year i was playing with a member of one of the nicer clubs here in stl. I have known him for a few years through biz deals and knew he was an emotional dude, but not necessarily an 'angry' man. Anyway, we tee off and the round was crap for both of us from the get go. It was super hot and neither of us were really having that much fun. Fast forward to the turn. We contemplated calling it quits but decided to go back out, against our better judgement. Well, for some reason he was so angry at the geese making noise, crapping all over the place etc. He 3 putts on 10 and that set him off. I get in the cart and notice he still has his putter in his hand. Next thing i know we are blazing down the fairway of 11 towards a flock of geese. Once we get close to the geese he starts swinging his putter like a battle axe yelling 'get the f*ck off my course'. I mean we are doing figure 8's, driving through rough, etc making these geese scatter while he is yelling at the top of his lungs. It was epic.

hahaha lmao

HAHAHAHAHHA holy crap these are some good posts! "right in the family jewels" hahahahhahahahhaha

That's hilarious!

True story, my brother in law threw his club at his wife and it hit the tree in front of her. Snapped the shaft, he says it stuck in his hand, I say "likely story".

I've thrown a putter into a lake but that was back in the day I use to play twice a year and used a $90 set of clubs(D-SW) and a $10 putter.

That's funny stuff, not sure I wouldn't get a little "upset" about someone unstrapping and tossing my bag though.

I was laughing so damn hard I couldn't have gotten mad if I tried. It was close to ten minutes before I had calmed down enough to call the clubhouse and have them send another cart.

I've seen a guy throw his iron into the ground and it stuck there.

Back