The best shot of the round

I got a huge gift with a tee box under repair moved all the tees in a short par 4 up to the forward tees. Left it as a par 4 with 230 to a front pin but a risky shot with a lot of front bunkers. Hit the best shot I ever have with my hybrid it was straight at it, landed 2 yards short of the flag and rolled out to about 4 feet past. I made the eagle putt.

I didnt really stick anything tight today so I'll say my best was when I drove the green on #7 with a 5 wood from 260 out. Had about 40 feet for eagle and two putt for birdie.

50* wedge from 128, landed 10 fee past and came back to 2 feet for an easy birdie.

Chip in from the rough at about 20 feet. Set up from a 75 yard bunker shot 15 feet below the hole. It was a nice sandy to save par.

Chip in today from about 25 feet for birdie.

It's not much, but I hit a 6i from 180 to a pin tucked in the back left corner of the green. Hit a slight draw that landed in the middle and released to the left about 10 feet toward the pin. Left an 8' putt, which of course I 2-putted for par.

Also had 150 yards out of a fairway bunker to a back right pin. Picked it clean and went just right and onto the fringe, got up and down for par on that one.

Chipped in on #2 for birdie.

205 yd hybrid on a par 3 to 15 ft on the fringe - 2 putt par

Hard to choose from today's round but it would have to be two 6 irons I hit on par3s. Both back right pins. The first 200 to 12', birdie. The 2nd from 193 that finished 20' behind the pin, par.
Both were high and how I drew them up in my head.

I had a couple wonderful sand saves today, but my favourite shot of the round was from 220 on the par 5 15th, out of the rough, hitting the Cobra King UT to about 12 feet after a bounce. Wasn't able to convert the eagle, but was very very impressed by the shot overall.

Par 5 9th. Tee shot pulled left in the trees. Punched out to 170. 5i missed the green right and landed in a grove of trees. Thankfully it was sitting up on some pine straw a bit rather than laying on the dirt.

Had to get over a bunker to a tight pin with the green sloping hard away. If I missed long by more than a foot I'd have been looking at a 30 footer back up the hill.

Played a little flop that dropped right where I wanted it to and rolled to 4 feet. And then two putted for bogey, of course.

40 footer for birdie on punched greens and all thanks to SeeMore and RST technology.

On Saturday I made several longer putts to save par or bogey, but the best shot for me was probably a 3h I hit to about 15ft on a long par 3 over a ravine.

I don't want to talk about the putting there hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Played an 8i rope hook (intentional) to 20 feet

I'm not sure what my best shot was on Saturday, but my favorite one was a demolished drive cutting a corner on a par 5 - allowed me to get on in 2 and 2-putt for birdie.

My best today was a knockdown 9 iron from 153 with a heavy wind at my back to 4' and a rare birdie for this hole. I hit the shot exactly as I imagined it.

Dropped a 40 foot birdie putt from an upper tier to a pin on a lower tier. The transition is about 6 feet of drop over 8 feet. I was in the back on the top tier and rolled the ball just to over the ridge. From there it contoured down and died in the hole. The people I was playing with starting jumping up and down and yelling. I really enjoyed that putt. I doubt I could make it again in 50 tries.

My best shot came on a hole that usually bedevils me. Our 14th is a par 4, which should be an easy par. I always (mostly) hit a good drive into perfect position and then miss hit a middle iron to end up bogeying it or worse. Well, today I told my cart mate it was going to be different. The good drive part was the same. But, this time I hit a 7 iron into a stiff wind so pure that it felt like, well, I didn't really feel anything. (Thought I was going to say "butter", didn't you). Not only was it pured, it was dead on the pin all the way. When it hit the green, I lost sight of it and told my buddy it may have gone into the trap behind the pin. When we got to the green, I couldn't find the ball. If it wasn't in the trap long, it could only be one other place--in the cup, and indeed, there it was! Eagles are good for the soul!

A couple that stick out from today. On the short par 4 fifth hole I hit driver way high on the face resulting in middle of the fairway 162 yards out. I hit a 7 iron that never left the flag and came up about 6 feet short, made the birdie putt. 12th hole I tried to crush a drive and pushed it way right into another fairway. I had 175 over a tree to a front pin. Hit a perfect 6 iron that stuck the front of the green. Also had several great drives and some better than normal pitch shots on missed greens.

0109bb530be64c1c2c22d293770145d1.jpg

Kick in eagle! Short par 5 played 3w off the tee, 3h in. It was nice to see the group in front of us going crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

0109bb530be64c1c2c22d293770145d1.jpg

Kick in eagle! Short par 5 played 3w off the tee, 3h in. It was nice to see the group in front of us going crazy.

Thats impressive...u go low today?

My best shot was my second shot with a three wood on a par 5, the last hole of the day. One of those shots where I hit it just like I wanted, which is not very often. Makes me want to come back for more.

Thats impressive...u go low today?
Not low, that was my only good hole. I ended up shooting a 40.

Not low, that was my only good hole. I ended up shooting a 40.

Thats not bad at all

Thats not bad at all
Not bad I'll take a 40 most days. But I really only had 1 or 2 shots that kept this from being a great round.

Back