THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bogey on 9, shot 42 on the front. Now on to 10.

aefc2d5a-0938-3b67.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Step your game up doc!!! Dean won't like having to carry around all these doubles.

Man time to start strengthening the old back hehe

Have a solid back 9 Ary!

Go get that back 9 ary! Nice looking course, although it's hard to see it from where you're hitting your 2nd shot, haha

Get some Ary! I assume youre playing the blues?

Get some Ary! I assume youre playing the blues?

I am playing the blues. I assume Cookie would play the reds.

I didn't take my medicine on 10 after a poor drive and made a freaking 8, then had a 3 putt bogey on 11. I'm so angry right now.

Sent from Tapatalk

Sounds like you need the belbs out there to help you manage, ha!

Those holes are over dude, forget them and get a couple of strokes back.

I am playing the blues. I assume Cookie would play the reds.

I didn't take my medicine on 10 after a poor drive and made a freaking 8, then had a 3 putt bogey on 11. I'm so angry right now.

Sent from Tapatalk

HAHA smack talkin from the course in the live round thread I LIKE IT!! Dude! a snowman? Ouch.

Get yourself some birdies man, fire at those pins

Lol at dude talking smack even after posting an 8. That's my guy.

Those two Par 4's look tough with those yardages!

Edit: I see they are both 100 yards shorter for Cookie.. What a little Sally!

The view down to the 12th green.

aefc2d5a-0f18-bde5.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Made a nice par on 12, then raced through 13 and 14 to get past slow groups. Now on 15, a par 5.

Sent from Tapatalk

Love it, Ary is out there struggling and can't seem to get facing me on Saturday morning out of his head. That's when you know you have gotten to somebody.

Boring par on 15. Here is 16, short par 4.

aefc2d5a-167d-11b1.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Really played crappy on the back, think I shot 45. I could never get in a good rhythm today. Anyways, hope all of you enjoyed the pictures.

Sent from Tapatalk

I liked it Ary! I don't know about you, but I found it kind of difficult to really keep up with the thread, post pictures, and play at the same time.

I liked it Ary! I don't know about you, but I found it kind of difficult to really keep up with the thread, post pictures, and play at the same time.

It's tough to do for sure.

Ary - definitely enjoyed the photos, looks like lots of trees to deal with if tee shots start to stray.

It's best to do it for 9 holes IMO. I did it once before this thread was started. The course has to be empty for me to do it for sure. No way I could, nor could my battery, allow me to do it for 18 holes.

It's best to do it for 9 holes IMO. I did it once before this thread was started. The course has to be empty for me to do it for sure. No way I could, nor could my battery, allow me to do it for 18 holes.

yeah I did it for only 9 the other night. I like the idea of it, but not something I'd do frequently. That being said, maybe I will tonight lol

Ary - definitely enjoyed the photos, looks like lots of trees to deal with if tee shots start to stray.

Thanks, this is my favorite course to play in the city limits of Boston. It's "only" 6400 yards and a par 70, but it keeps you honest with a lot of tight fairways, you can't just bomb and gouge it out there. There are only 2 par 5s on the course and both of those aren't very reachable in 2 shots, so you have to play the par 4s well to score well. If you don't drive it well, like me today, you are going to get punished for it. Plus, it's a Donald Ross course that was built in the 1930s, so the greens aren't big but they have subtle breaks in them. The course just had a qualifier last week for the US Amateur Public Links tournament last week, so it's in pretty good shape.

It was easier on the front because I was walking with one other guy, so I'd post stuff while he was hitting shots. It got tougher on the back side because I was by myself, but was rushing at times because I played through 3 foursomes, I didn't want to hold those guys up.

So so round so far. Caught groups that were 8 holes ahead to start.

Big q is to replay or not now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I just pitched in from 41 yards for bird on a par 4. This is when it sucks playing alone.

So, I just pitched in from 41 yards for bird on a par 4. This is when it sucks playing alone.

No one saw it so did it really happen?? haha. Next thing you know you'll get a hole in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back