What will you do differently to improve?

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 14
Many want to improve at this game. Whether it's taking lessons, buying equipment, reading books, practicing, drills, or some combination thereof or something else, most of us try to get better a number of different ways.

What about you? If you're not improving with what you're doing now, do you plan on changing anything or doing anything new or different?

Whether it's getting fit, trying to sharpen up the mental game, losing weight, etc. what is it? Or are you not changing a thing?

For me, I've committed to more structured practicing. One day a week is exclusively for chipping and putting where I do specific drills. It has helped immensely on the course.

I just need to practice/play more. Lately my time has been crazy with professional/personal commitments, do the plan is to practice/play once a week

Meaningful range time. I need to slow down on the range. I'll beat balls and by the time I remember what I wanted to work on, the bucket is empty.

Course management.... I have gotten so caught up in wanting to shoot lower that I forgot how to drive the car that will get me there. Play to strengths to avoid the weaknesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaningful range time. I need to slow down on the range. I'll beat balls and by the time I remember what I wanted to work on, the bucket is empty.

This is me too. I now try to go to the range with one or two specific purposes. But then I won't be happy with how I'm hitting one if my clubs and won't stop hitting it until I'm either happy with it or out of balls. I need to stick with the game plan.

Practice more. I fit in as much as I can now, but finding time to do even more might get me where I want to go even quicker.

Practice what I'm not good at. Im always trying to find ways to improve, and so far I have been improving so I think that keeping on my current track is the right thing for me. Mental game and short game are the big keys to open the next door

I'm going to buy an Orange Whip this week. I have rotten tempo, and hope this will help.

I'm in the middle of changing everything. I used to play with just a few clubs, all the time. I realized that if I wanted to get better, I'd need to get a decent set of irons and seriously start hitting greens rather than getting close, or sort of on, and counting on chipping and putting. I bought a set of Callaway X2 Hots on clearance. So, I have to find a swing I can hit the whole bag with. Right now, it's wicked confusing. A lot of swings that worked with a couple of clubs, don't work with a whole bag full.

I had my first semi custom fitting done. My weight was measured and approximately shaft weight and flex detenmined. Next week I will be scheduling a loft and lie checking . Along with weight loss it has helped me game and also thinking more about the mental side of the game

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Short game short game and more short game.

I really need to look at this fit next year. Practice was non-existent this year. Need to get back to the range and get my driver swing back. And of course, get back to chipping and putting practice. Just not sure where I need to go to do all this. My local goat track just isn't worth it anymore.

Improving will come to me when ever I am out golfing to enjoy the time and relax. Now yes I have improved quite a bit this year. Mind you I have never taken a lesson its just playing and practicing in my back yard. I would like to improve but bigger for me is the enjoyment. If golf ever becomes a chore, I am done. I golf for the enjoyment, the time spent with friends and my father and for the relaxation.

I will continue to take lessons and putt in the work to apply those lessons to my swing

Get custom fit for clubs when I was starting to play more regularly. And also find more time to play. Once a month is hard to gain momentum on

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Definitely, play more. That's all I need. Playing once a week for me is too infrequent to retain all those tips I figured out to improve.

Trying to get more focused on my practice with my full swing, taking more practice swings to ingrain new feelings instead of just mindlessly hitting balls.

For short game and putting, taking one ball and practicing that way instead of hitting 5 chips to the same hole, I feel like that makes it more like a scenario on the course.

Totally retiring from work!

I'm taking lessons, the guy changed my swing and in 15 minutes had me hitting unconsciously straight. Need more time with him to create muscle memory. Also, would like to get a proper fitting in the near future.

Practice, Practice, Practice on the sim.

Back