Colonial Oaks Ft Wayne

Reaction score
Handicap
Im calling all ft wayne local golfers. Im considering a membership to Colonial Oaks in Ft wayne and im wondering ow it stacks compared to my higher end courses in ft wayne. I recognize that im not going to get the full Cherry Hill/ Autumn ridge quality but Im hoping to hear good things about this place. Ive looked at the scorecard for the course layout and it looks extremely solid/difficult setup in general but Ive never gotten feet on the ground and Im hoping the fairways are well groomed and the greens clean.

I will have to call my Dad tomorrow and ask him about it. He lives there and has played almost every course in and around Ft. Wayne. I am originally from there but haven't lived there since '94. I know he has a membership at one of the courses there but I don't remember which one off the top of my head. They use to belong to Cherry Hill/Autumn Ridge but I want to say he belongs to Cedar Creek now. Hopefully I will have more info for you tomorrow/today.

Just got off the phone with my Dad and from his initial thoughts he said he wouldn't do it. He says there are much better courses in the area for the same price and he wouldn't want to play there everyday. He says it isn't kept up very well and it is always soggy and other small things. He has been playing golf in Fort Wayne for 30+ years so take it for what it is worth. He said Cedar Creek where he plays is a pretty good deal, he gets a senior discount, i don't know how old you are if that applies. He is going to call back later with more info and I will forward any info I get. Good Luck.

Thanks. Let me know if he has any other info because its going to be hard pressed to beat 950 for a couple especially with a course that actually has some water and bunkers otherwise im probably not getting a membership because a couple at cherry or autumn is like 1500.

He did mention River Bend or Lakeside golf courses which are good for the money, might want to check those out. I know he plays both of those regularly. I am waiting for him to call back still, he is out playing golf in Florida right now.

Im a regular at lakeside and 1 its was y to simple of a course and 2 its like 1400 for a couples membership. I am very familiar with them though.

There are a ton of courses around Ft. Wayne that are a great price and a great course. Colonial oaks is not one of those IMO. Just not kept up well and not a course i would want to play more than once a year. If its really only 1500 for a couple at cherry hill/autumn ridge you should jump on that! You get playing privileges at both courses and for that price it's a steal.

I was a member at chestnut hills last year and the course has gotten so much better and is only going to improve over the year. It probably is a little higher priced too but you can check out Brookwood golf club, riverbed is a neat course, there is noble hawk up in kendelville, there plenty more. I live here in Fort Wayne and have played pretty much every course here. Any questions I could probably help ya out.

Thanks. Let me know if he has any other info because its going to be hard pressed to beat 950 for a couple especially with a course that actually has some water and bunkers otherwise im probably not getting a membership because a couple at cherry or autumn is like 1500.

I was just looking at the Colonial Oaks website and it says membership with cart is an additional $575 for a couple. I assume the cherry hill/autumn ridge includes a cart??

Depending on where you live, my Dad says that Riverbend,Bridgewater in Auburn and Cedar Creek will be your best bang for your buck in that area.

If you are considering all these courses up in Northern Fort Wayne then you have to check out Deer Track. They have a great range great friendly people and one of the best looking well manicured courses that are open to the public in my opinion. But def check into it not sure what the price is. In comparison i would put it up there with Cherry Hill they have plenty of water so you will not have to worry if we go through a drought.

Not to put a damper on Deer Track. But I was hearing rumors of them selling 9 holes for a housing addition. Has anyone heard of this? Has any of this materialized? Last year they were not to serious about it but check into that before getting a membership. 9 holes would get boring pretty fast.

Just went to Deer Tracks' website and they are taking 9 holes away from their course. Putting in a house addition just what Fort Wayne needs 9 less holes and more houses. Goodbye to Deer Track only 9 holes not worth the drive.. :(

Back