What does the Morgan Cup mean to you?

Man that One-T guy is pretty smart. It's to bad I've gotta give him a beat down Saturday.

--
Tapatalk2

Well said Jarret.

sorry for the delay here, but I knew this post would be more than I want to type on my cell phone

Too often, TMC gets looked at as 24 lucky guys getting free equipment, when in reality thats not anything what its about. sure, its really awesome but there is a lot that goes with it...errrr...is supposed to go with it. Each Morgan Cupper is going to go about what they should do for TMC in a totally different way. When we signed up, there were NO rules that stated what we should and should not do for this position. And quite frankly I dont think there should have to be rules in place. I mean, come on. We are getting to live a dream of THOUSANDS of golfers across the globe. Some know what TMC is and some have never heard of it. But, there are 24 lucky golfers who get the chance to feel like a tour pro. To be sponsored by a company. to show up on a course with a staff bag, your clothes picked out for you, balls supplied, as well as gloves, shoes, and tees. not to mention belts, sunglasses and hats. But again, you are not told you must do this and you must do that. Thats where being an adult comes into play. We know whats right and what is wrong. I cant for a second fathom how someone would be given this opportunity and not soak it up and be proud of the chance to live this dream.

Sure, there is a Trash talk thread, a video thread, equipment threads, etc. But thats not all that this is about. its about having fun with what we are given. At the end of the day on Sunday, it doesnt matter who won or lost. Who played well and who didnt. this is a brotherhood in the making and friends you will have for life. If you choose to not let these "brothers" get to know who you are then you are the one missing out. If you take this too seriously to truly enjoy it, then you are the one missing out. If you as a forum member do not get in these threads and join in the fun, then you are the one missing out. Sure, there are people who may or may not be upset for not getting their videos chosen, but not everyone can be in it. To turn our back on the event because that is the case is ludacris. To not support the event is to not support the website that so freely gives back to us as consumers and golf lovers on a daily basis. All because ones feelings are hurt.

This is the Morgan Cup. This is a Ryder Cup for amateurs. You as a forum member and you as a Morgan Cupper are lucky enough to be a part of this. if the Ryder Cup were opened up for supporters to come and be by the players side, people would sign up in a heart beat. If you are lucky enough to be chosen as a Ryder Cupper, your going to do our best to rep that Ryder Cup. you would hold your head high and you would want people to know you are one of the lucky few. We as Morgan Cuppers and you as Morgan cup supporters should be proud to be any part of this event.

As a Morgan Cupper and a member of Team Hackers, I know what my duties for my team, THP, and the companies are. I will continue to rep my sponsors, my team, and THP with dignity. The Morgan Cup is supposed to be fun, we can not be selfish and we must soak up this opportunity. If this is the last Morgan Cup...would you want to be one of those who stood in the shadows and didnt enjoy this opportunity? I know I dont want to.

so...to me, the morgan cup is means more to me than just 1 certain thing. There is a lot to it. Most importantly...it is for THP, their members, and the golf companies. we have just over 3 weeks til the event. Lets blow this website up with support for THP, Bridgestone, Callaway, Cleveland, Antigua, ECCO, Bettinardi, Team Hackers, Team Paradise, and Team THP.

This is #1 folks! Great post dude and is the reason you are a Hacker. Lets freaking blow this forum up!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nice! I know I have no real idea of what it is to be a MC'er but that was very wells said...kudos, good luck in the upcoming MC event

Hey bro, Team Hackers seizure banner available if you want

Well done Jarret...

Good luck to all 24 of you crazy mooks...

Interesting perspective One-T. I like a lot of what is in that post but some of it surprises me. None of it is bad obviously. Just another perspective.

Interesting perspective One-T. I like a lot of what is in that post but some of it surprises me. None of it is bad obviously. Just another perspective.

Elaborate dude. I like hearing everyones thoughts

what surprised you? Just curious

For me it was the fact that you used so many big words in your thoughts!

I KID!!!! I KID!!!

You did mention that there were no rules and that there shouldn't have been because you guys were all adults and knew the right things to do after. But wasn't there an unwritten rule for you guys that basically implied all the things you said above? Did all the adults follow those implied rules? Personally, looking from the outside in, for the most part I think most did. It is a brotherhood which I brought up in my MC audition video and it's something no one can take away from any of you guys.

While I'm on this, can I ask a personal question to those that are playing in their 2nd MC: Has the 2nd MC build-up been harder to get into because you knew what kind of effort it took to play and be apart of this kind of event? Do you think you have put into this MC as much or more than what you did the first time around?

While I'm on this, can I ask a personal question to those that are playing in their 2nd MC: Has the 2nd MC build-up been harder to get into because you knew what kind of effort it took to play and be apart of this kind of event? Do you think you have put into this MC as much or more than what you did the first time around?

For me I would say I've done more this time than the for the first event. Some of that is behind the scenes and some of that is on the forum. I think the dynamic is certainly a little different because there are more players involved and more teams this time around. Do I think I've held up my end of the deal, yup, and I hope others see that as well. Also when it comes to prepping for the event, I have definitely prepped more this time around, even though it doesn't seem to be paying off. I also know that I have been talking with pretty much everyone in the event to get to know all involved, because like it's been mentioned there is a certain brotherhood that you walk away from this event with.

For me it was the fact that you used so many big words in your thoughts!

I KID!!!! I KID!!!

You did mention that there were no rules and that there shouldn't have been because you guys were all adults and knew the right things to do after. But wasn't there an unwritten rule for you guys that basically implied all the things you said above? Did all the adults follow those implied rules? Personally, looking from the outside in, for the most part I think most did. It is a brotherhood which I brought up in my MC audition video and it's something no one can take away from any of you guys.

of course there is an unwritten rule. This is like getting the chance to test multiple pieces of equipment at once as well as staying active on the forum so people can get to know you. I will refrain from the 2nd part of the bold.

as far as the second question...I dont think it has been more difficult at all. For me, its been a little easier because I know what TMC will be like once we get there. But, I havent changed how I act on here

Maybe it's because I'm always here anyway, but I never really thought that it was difficult or all that demanding to be involved in the Morgan Cup. I like talking equipment, playing, practicing, etc.

Maybe it's because I'm always here anyway, but I never really thought that it was difficult or all that demanding to be involved in the Morgan Cup. I like talking equipment, playing, practicing, etc.

it really isn't. Like you, maybe it's because I'm always on. But I don't think repping your company and talking on the forum is overly difficult. Heck that's the easy part.

The hardest part has been practicing my whiff-proof tee shot.

what surprised you? Just curious

Mostly the fact that you seemed to downplay the equipment threads along with the rest of them. Also that when you talk about there being no concrete rules about participation (which there isn't), it almost felt to me like you were giving those that haven't or didn't more of a pass than some others. Maybe I read it wrong, but that's what I felt when reading it. I like your perspective though.

I wonder why some previous mc participants are having absolutely nothing to do with this one. They know what its like to want people to support them....but this year...its very disappointing to see some of them could care less. Its very interesting to me....

Mostly the fact that you seemed to downplay the equipment threads along with the rest of them. Also that when you talk about there being no concrete rules about participation (which there isn't), it almost felt to me like you were giving those that haven't or didn't more of a pass than some others. Maybe I read it wrong, but that's what I felt when reading it. I like your perspective though.

I didnt mean to take away from the equipment threads...that is important. And i do not feel like anyone is getting a pass...there are no rules. Just personal responsibilities.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dean wasn't given anyone a pass, it's not his or anyone's place to do so. We are a family of sorts on THP and even though there is no written rules.....they are known by all that really participate with the confines of the forum.
There is no reason to call anyone out or give anyone a pass. Each and every person involved did what they could to support and promote the MC.

Dean wasn't given anyone a pass, it's not his or anyone's place to do so. We are a family of sorts on THP and even though there is no written rules.....they are known by all that really participate with the confines of the forum.
There is no reason to call anyone out or give anyone a pass. Each and every person involved did what they could to support and promote the MC.

I agree. I think there are unwritten rules. I have to tell you though dude, and this is selfish but nothing eats at me more than vagueness and not knowing whats up. Sometimes you get the feeling someone really wants to say something but wont. Which I understand but I'm glad that JB put up the kabosh and most everyone is one board. Personally I still see somethings but you know what, the MC is bigger than any one persons (with the exception of JB and GG) point of view.

Love this thread, does it bother me that some aren't showing their support to the event, their fellow participants (in more ways than participation), hell even this thread? Yeah, but is there anything else that we expected?

Maybe there ought to be some rules, spelled out and agreed to by the ones that make it in... I don't know.

Those that have been or will be in the MC - if there were "rules" associated with posting progress, testing, etc. would you still have gone for it?

Maybe there ought to be some rules, spelled out and agreed to by the ones that make it in... I don't know.

Those that have been or will be in the MC - if there were "rules" associated with posting progress, testing, etc. would you still have gone for it?

Its definitely a thought. I mean JB is pretty clear about whats expected though. I guess that's whats so mind bottling. I'm of the thought that even if some rules were out there... we should know by now what to do. We all may not do everything the same but thats ok, we all have our styles.. just as long as we know what the event truly means.

Sure I would have.

Sure I would have.

Oh lol. Man, I knew I missed something. I would have in a heartbeat. I thought the unspoken rules were there to begin with.

Back