The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I'm going the other route from Tadashi. I have no issue with him or any other person taking enjoyment out of proving their doubters wrong. I have no issue with him taking their words as motivation to improve on his athletic performance. Isn't that a common motivational technique? I do have issues when he pulls crap like the club throwing at Augusta, but I haven't seen what I would deem inappropriate frustration lately, even as he was choking up the last 36 holes at Olympic Club.

I'm not saying he's a good person, or that I want to know him, but he does move the needle like no other on the golf course since the AT&T final round rating was nearly triple of last years.

I agree. I thought it was a good verbal smack across a few peoples face.

--
Tapatalk2

I thought is was a classy made for TV move when he walked past the service personnel on 18 and took the time to shake their hands before heading to the green for victory.

He said he shakes everyone in the service's hands. I think that's just what he does.

I do not object at all to your assesment of the situation. I'm just stating that he was clearly enjoying it.
Oh I know he was and maybe he is entitled to that but based on what has transpired I would think a humble tiger might get more outmformthe media then what we saw
I'm going the other route from Tadashi. I have no issue with him or any other person taking enjoyment out of proving their doubters wrong. I have no issue with him taking their words as motivation to improve on his athletic performance. Isn't that a common motivational technique? I do have issues when he pulls crap like the club throwing at Augusta, but I haven't seen what I would deem inappropriate frustration lately, even as he was choking up the last 36 holes at Olympic Club.

I'm not saying he's a good person, or that I want to know him, but he does move the needle like no other on the golf course since the AT&T final round rating was nearly triple of last years.
agreed, it is good bulletin broad material and improving because of it is understandable. I wold just like to see him be a little more humble

I agree. I thought it was a good verbal smack across a few peoples face.

--
Tapatalk2

It's not like the reporters have gone out of their way to apologize for all the "Tiger is Done" stories they wrote either...nor would I expect them too. I'm sure Brandel will just keep moving the bar so that he has negative stuff to say. "Tiger will not be back until he wins the tournament by 10, in the rain, on one leg, with a blindfold on, using 5 clubs, a left handed putter, and a sherpa as his caddie...Then I will declare him back, but only if he also does it all on a Wednesday, in Antarctica, in a Leap Year, of the 5th Millenia.

agreed, it is good bulletin broad material and improving because of it is understandable. I would just like to see him be a little more humble

I understand brother...but this is the son of Earl Woods, I'm pretty sure humble is not in his gene pool.

It's not like the reporters have gone out of their way to apologize for all the "Tiger is Done" stories they wrote either...nor would I expect them too. I'm sure Brandel will just keep moving the bar so that he has negative stuff to say. "Tiger will not be back until he wins the tournament by 10, in the rain, on one leg, with a blindfold on, using 5 clubs, a left handed putter, and a sherpa as his caddie...Then I will declare him back, but only if he also does it all on a Wednesday, in Antarctica, in a Leap Year, of the 5th Millenia.

That is what the media does. Do you think they ever apologized to Phil for calling him a choker? Or the guy that couldnt win the big one? Of course not. I agree about the board material, and frankly had no issue with TW giving it to them. Heck, any kind of emotion or real answer is an improvement in my opinion. I would like to see any sort of humble out of him, but I dont expect I ever will. When he's bad, "its a process" and when he's good "I expect it". It works for him.

I understand brother...but this is the son of Earl Woods, I'm pretty sure humble is not in his gene pool.

Hey hey, back off Brandel! He is pretty quick to go either way on Tiger though. I think that's why I like he and Nobilo, not a lot of pulled punches.

--
Tapatalk2

That is what the media does. Do you think they ever apologized to Phil for calling him a choker? Or the guy that couldnt win the big one? Of course not.

I agree, and a 24 hour golf media has the same issue as some news channels...they've got to fill airwaves, and ratings are higher when ripping people down than stating how good they are. I'm pretty sure Auburn will freeze over the day that Johnny Miller says "You know Dan, these guys would have to give me 3 strokes a side for me to compete with them."

Hey hey, back off Brandel! He is pretty quick to go either way on Tiger though. I think that's why I like he and Nobilo, not a lot of pulled punches.

Ok...I'm sorry Brandel.

Spoiler
I have the humble gene :act-up:

I'm not sure how I feel about Tigger for the Open. It generally isn't long so he won't have to hit driver much, and he shouldn't have a problem flighting the ball in the wind, but I'm not convinced of his distance control. Or his bunker game. If his distance control shows up, I think he will run away with it. But he could also miss a lot of greens because of a lack of distance control and then I think he'd be in trouble.

I agree, and a 24 hour golf media has the same issue as some news channels...they've got to fill airwaves, and ratings are higher when ripping people down than stating how good they are. I'm pretty sure Auburn will freeze over the day that Johnny Miller says "You know Dan, these guys would have to give me 3 strokes a side for me to compete with them."

Ok...I'm sorry Brandel.

Spoiler
I see what you did there...

I see what you did there...

You passed the test Ryan...I was just seeing if you were monitoring this thread. JB - Make this man a Mod!! :act-up:

You passed the test Ryan...I was just seeing if you were monitoring this thread. JB - Make this man a Mod!! :act-up:
Haha, I had to reread it a few times to make sure I understood what was going on. Nice one.

I think asking Tiger to be humble is asking a lot. I think part of what makes the best of the best great is that they are not humble, and they are selfish to the point of the only thing thats important is winning.
I don't think that anyone that is the best of the best at something is a well rounded person.

That is what the media does. Do you think they ever apologized to Phil for calling him a choker? Or the guy that couldnt win the big one? Of course not. I agree about the board material, and frankly had no issue with TW giving it to them. Heck, any kind of emotion or real answer is an improvement in my opinion. I would like to see any sort of humble out of him, but I dont expect I ever will. When he's bad, "its a process" and when he's good "I expect it". It works for him.

It's so funny that his phrasing of his play is so transparent and so many have bought into it. But it's like you said, humble and TW don't go together

Ok...I'm sorry Brandel.

Spoiler

Boom goes a double dose of dynamite!

--
Tapatalk2

Tiger wins the Open by 5 strokes

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I agree.

--
Tapatalk2

You should watch golf more. Tiger is pretty well known

I agree that is what makes tiger tiger and the bitter motivation is probably part of what makes him so great at doing what he does (ala michael jordan), and I agree that its good when he says it because it's really the only time he's being honest and giving you any real kind of incite into tiger the eldrick and not tiger the robot.

However I also agree that it is unnecessary. Is this really that big of a deal? no, absolutely not, but it's just another opportunity for tiger to be a bigger man, be above all of it and it's just not what he is.

I'd like to give a somwehat example from personal experience on a much much smaller scale. A couple weeks ago I was parking my cart a little to close to the green complexes at the course I frequently play and another member went out of his way to call me on it and was kind of a dbag about it. I knew I was wrong, apologized immediately and accepted it. I felt I was not parking to close but I know what golf carts do to a golf course and because I know better and was in a position where a much more esteemed member thought I was in violation I just ate it and now make a conscious effort to go out of my way to park no where questionable.

The previous two weeks during golf league, I have witnessed this person and his playing partners in much more flagrant violation of the cart parking rules on a number of occassions. I could have easily gone over and made a snide quip to them about it, but why? what good will it do? what does it say about me if I do that and how is that back and forth going to end? I was wrong, got called out for being wrong and had to eat it and moved on. I know and that's good enough.

I'm only going to say this once. I hate it, but I'm going to say it. He's back. The miserable bastard.

Kevin

I'm only going to say this once. I hate it, but I'm going to say it. He's back. The miserable bastard.

Kevin

I sense a great weight being lifted off your shoulders

I feel like lightning might strike Esox now that he's said that

I feel like lightning might strike Esox now that he's said that

Now I can go back to watching the LPGA and that new Web.com tour when he's playing.

Kevin

So I was just doing the ESPN vote for the ESPY's...Tiger isn't an option for best male golfer of the year...kind of shocked by that one considering Rory and Luke are on the list and in my opinion Tiger has outperformed Rory this year.

You should watch golf more. Tiger is pretty well known

Lol. I want him to win just so this "is he back yet" shat will stop.

--
Tapatalk2

Lol. I want him to win just so this "is he back yet" shat will stop.

--
Tapatalk2

Haha it is old. Lets just enjoy watching the show!

Back