Goal Zero - THP Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP in depth review of the Goal Zero device. Features a pretty cool video in it showing just what this is capable of.

http://bit.ly/12HGdtm

Pretty neat little product. It would be applicable to a whole lot more than golf too.

Great info here, could definitely see this being useful for many. Nice to see a product like this actually performing as advertised.

I've seen this, or something very like it in a local store. Cool idea, but still means dragging device-specific USB cords around, doesn't it? Shame manufacturers can't be made to standardize those, then this would really shine.

Good write-up JB. Glad to see this type of thing being used in golf settings. My folks use to have a similar unit on the dash of their motorhome to keep the batteries charged while staying out in the desert of Arizona all winter long. Worked like a champ. I’m wondering if I could adapt one to the roof of my cart to charge while playing.

I can think of more than a few times that something like this would have come in handy on the golf course. With a couple youngsters, I really don't like to have a dead phone and it happens from time to time. Not to mention the days that I forget to charge the GPS. Thanks for the review.

• Admin
I've seen this, or something very like it in a local store. Cool idea, but still means dragging device-specific USB cords around, doesn't it? Shame manufacturers can't be made to standardize those, then this would really shine.

It does to an extent. I believe outside of Apple, most of the devices we have encountered as of late (of course just us), use one or two types of USB. All I traveled with was two small USB cords and the device and it charged almost everything we had.

• Admin
Good write-up JB. Glad to see this type of thing being used in golf settings. My folks use to have a similar unit on the dash of their motorhome to keep the batteries charged while staying out in the desert of Arizona all winter long. Worked like a champ. I’m wondering if I could adapt one to the roof of my cart to charge while playing.

Yes you absolutely can. It is called trickle charging and Goal Zero is a big proponent of it.

I have the same charger for my phone and Verizon MiFi, then my iPad charger. Two isn't that big a deal. My GPS when I had it also used the same cord my phone did. Now if you have four devices using four different cords, then its annoyng.

THPing on Tapatalk

My Father in law swears by this for hunting.

Great info on this one, definitely something that should be looked at by the traveling golfers

Thanks JB. Sure looks to be a promising device.

A very interesting product, I can totally see it's usefulness!

I like the generator. I can see using it for outdoor stuff and an RV. Put 4 solor panels with it and never be out of power.

Back