We Were Beat by a 13 Year Old Girl :-)

I've been following her too Sean. Was really impressed with her first round showing. It's a lot of pressure for a 14 year old but she should definitely hold her head up high for just making it to the US Open and making a great showing on at least one day. What a bright future she has in front of her.

I've been following her too Sean. Was really impressed with her first round showing. It's a lot of pressure for a 14 year old but she should definitely hold her head up high for just making it to the US Open and making a great showing on at least one day. What a bright future she has in front of her.
I think so too KB. It's one thing to see tournaments on TV, but to actually participate in one at such a young age will be a great learning experience for her.

It seriously sucks that she didn't make the cut. Maybe next year though! Wishing her the best of luck!

It seriously sucks that she didn't make the cut. Maybe next year though! Wishing her the best of luck!
I was hoping she would too Damaikis! But, a great experience none the less. :)

The MC Bridgestone boys got their "kit" today and a very cool team photo posted by Bridgestone... Everyone may just be exhausted from all the excitement.

They'll be in at some point, I'm sure.

Tell Megan she's got lots of fans ;)

Lets hope her next tourney is much better. :D

Great story. Nice to hear this type of sports story, rather than read about some professional football or baseball player lamenting that his contract needs to be renegotiated, because someone else got more money than he signed for.

The MC Bridgestone boys got their "kit" today and a very cool team photo posted by Bridgestone... Everyone may just be exhausted from all the excitement.

They'll be in at some point, I'm sure.

Tell Megan she's got lots of fans ;)
I will Spazzdog!

Lets hope her next tourney is much better. :D
She's already won a few this year m-910, including the Connecticut Women's Open, but I know what you mean. :)

Great story. Nice to hear this type of sports story, rather than read about some professional football or baseball player lamenting that his contract needs to be renegotiated, because someone else got more money than he signed for.
Ain't that the truth Auroraboy. The sense of entitlement of some of these guys...

When is her next tournament? Still want to follow what she is doing out there.

Just read through this whole thing and what a great story! I watched some of opening rounds of the open but didn't see her. What a great talent it seems these kids are just getting younger and more talented. Even if she didnt make the cut it's a great experience. I know I'd be happy with anything near +11 haha!

When is her next tournament? Still want to follow what she is doing out there.
The US Junior Girls' Championship out in San Francisco AFW. July 15th - 21st. There is a medal play component and if the player makes it through that she starts with match play.

Just read through this whole thing and what a great story! I watched some of opening rounds of the open but didn't see her. What a great talent it seems these kids are just getting younger and more talented. Even if she didnt make the cut it's a great experience. I know I'd be happy with anything near +11 haha!
Ha, me too! It was her first LPGA experience and at 14 she can only take away a lot of positives. :)

Back