Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The size dog door that I would need for my 135lb. puppy (see avatar) with also allow other critters that I'd rather not have in my home!!!
Our flaps on our doors (we have 4 flaps, two doors) are 9.75" x 17". We have yet to have anything come in (that we know about!). You'd need something bigger, definitely, but not by much. I think the scent of the dogs helps other animals know the place is occupied! I dated a girl who had the next size larger from that one and she never had anything come in either. It's possible, but animals know when it's another animals territory.

Would make it too easy for the indoor (outdoor curious) cat to get out. Wife would kill me.

Bones, is about half that weight, but he's a tall lab-hound mix. I'd have to install a pretty large door as well. Not to mention he scares himself when his collar clangs against his food dish. Somehow I don't see him pushing his way through a dog door.

Around here, that would be a bonus, hehe.

Again, see the size of my doors, that is the extra large size. And all 4 dogs that I have had a dog door with have adapted very easily and quickly to it (only the first one had to learn after being an adult).

Dog doors are great for some, but you still have to have the fenced yard and a place to put the door (ours goes through a cabinet!)

Weather Channel Report for Florida: "Sunny with a Chance of Old People". jk

Chance has been upgraded to certainty.

Florida, God's waiting room.

Exactly... only with no state taxes.

I'd rather have it rain for one day here, even though it interferes with yard work and golf, than have it be 95 everyday with a 60% chance of thunderstorms...

I think I posted this somewhere but here's the dictionary of Central Florida summer weather:

30% chance of thunderstorms = it might rain in the afternoon but highly unlikely and if so it'll only last for an hour
60% chance of thunderstorms = good chance it'll rain in the afternoon where you are which will probably last an hour or two
90% chance of thunderstorms = look outside... it's probably raining

Living in both places I can see comparisons but here is what I tell my friends from back in NJ. The summer heat is the same in both places, only you guys get 3 months of it and we get 5 months of it. And we only have 2 H's where NY Metro gets 3 H's (we don't get hazy down here).

I played so awful today I can't even rant about it.

Callaway org 14 sport bag: got 3 months ago on eBay new for $115 shipped. All was well until Friday when one of my clubs would not go home. The nylon piece that makes up the full length divider separated from the top divider. Problem rolled over to yesterday when slot 2 failed also. New bag needed ASAP - will be shopping on Tuesday when back in town for replacement.

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Callaway org 14 sport bag: got 3 months ago on eBay new for $115 shipped. All was well until Friday when one of my clubs would not go home. The nylon piece that makes up the full length divider separated from the top divider. Problem rolled over to yesterday when slot 2 failed also. New bag needed ASAP - will be shopping on Tuesday when back in town for replacement.

Sent from my Tapatalk!

That makes me a tad nervous since I just ordered one this morning.

I think I posted this somewhere but here's the dictionary of Central Florida summer weather:

30% chance of thunderstorms = it might rain in the afternoon but highly unlikely and if so it'll only last for an hour
60% chance of thunderstorms = good chance it'll rain in the afternoon where you are which will probably last an hour or two90% chance of thunderstorms = look outside... it's probably raining

LOL Spank. Great way of viewing it. I would much rather live in FL than NY. I wanna move South and live down there once I'm outta High school/College. Freak people out down there with snow stories.

LOL Spank. Great way of viewing it. I would much rather live in FL than NY. I wanna move South and live down there once I'm outta High school/College. Freak people out down there with snow stories.

Except a lot of people down there probably moved there because of snow stories!

i think i pulled something like a muscle right under my shoulder blades uggggh

okay i understand the biggest loser and all the complaints that america is over weight and portions at restaurants are ridiculous
buttttttt
dont cut the portions down and keep the price the same or even make it more expensive lol
i didnt even have to get a to go box today and i know i didnt walk in there any more hungry than i normally am

I hate the neighbor kids and yelled at them today. It felt good. I hope I scared them and they stay out of my damn yard.

That makes me a tad nervous since I just ordered one this morning.

I saw that you did and I feel bad for recommending it last week. This issue came out of the blue on Friday and I don't recall doing anything that would have caused this...

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Except a lot of people down there probably moved there because of snow stories!

We've all heard it. The majority of my subdivision comes from somewhere in the NE corridor. I do know of two native floridians in my subdivision... my two kids. Hehe.

I hate the neighbor kids and yelled at them today. It felt good. I hope I scared them and they stay out of my damn yard.

ah.. nice old grumpy neighbor. good work Hawk :D

I saw that you did and I feel bad for recommending it last week. This issue came out of the blue on Friday and I don't recall doing anything that would have caused this...

Sent from my Tapatalk!

The bag was actually recommended by several folks. It was down to the ORG14 or the SM-C130. I liked the looks of the C130 better but I found the price of the ORG14 more appealing.

Having to work on July 4th. That is all.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Moving house. Stuff everywhere, can't find even a kitchen utensil. Getting used to a new kitchen/bathroom as if it isn't quite yours yet.

sorry man...hopefully that means some THP time then

Makes two of us buddy.

I am really tired of this sore back, the constant back ache has gotten real old during the last 6 months. Hopefully these trips to the chiropractor will "get 'er done" and the ache will stop soon.

Hawk I didn't know you were the mean old neighbor

Tap tap taparoo

Makes two of us buddy.

Three, and I really wanted to get back to the range today. At 9:45 last night, the person that was supposed to work this shift called out "sick" Naturally, I have to fill in, but at least it is Double time for me.
To the range tomorrow!!

I didn't either, but I think I'm becoming him. To be fair, those kids are bad and nobody watches them. They are always playing in other people's yards, going in their garages, and taking out our toys. Erica is too nice to them and they needed a dose of mean dad to get the point across hehe
Hawk I didn't know you were the mean old neighbor

Tap tap taparoo

I didn't either, but I think I'm becoming him. To be fair, those kids are bad and nobody watches them. They are always playing in other people's yards, going in their garages, and taking out our toys. Erica is too nice to them and they needed a dose of mean dad to get the point across hehe

Dude, someone's gotta draw the line somewhere. I got a couple of punks in my neighborhood as well. It doesn't surprise me that the parents are a couple of tools as well (since I have spoken to them about their kids' behavior). The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back