Should I Buy my Irons Online?

+1 for callawaypreowned.com like new, and excellent you can't tell from new and $ is great also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's already been said many times, but I've had nothing but wonderful experiences purchasing from Rock Bottom Golf and Callaway Preowned. Both offer quality equipment at very fair price levels, and they both always ship faster than I expected.

I went to Golfsmith and tested both clubs out for a while yesterday. Liked them both alot.

The only thing that worries me on Amazon is the lack of visible reviews and that the Image is slightly off (color and finish) from other images and what I saw in the store.

Other than that is finding a set for $150 less than big box store common.
Rock bottom is 100% legit. You don't need to worry about that.

If I may make a suggestion - if you are going to spend a couple sessions in a brick and mortar store trying the clubs maybe explain that you want to buy the clubs, you are on a budget and ask if they'll match that price. Maybe they can't do it but at least they get a chance at your business.

Rock bottom is 100% legit. You don't need to worry about that.

If I may make a suggestion - if you are going to spend a couple sessions in a brick and mortar store trying the clubs maybe explain that you want to buy the clubs, you are on a budget and ask if they'll match that price. Maybe they can't do it but at least they get a chance at your business.

This is a great suggestion to support the brick and mortar. They may be able to cut some sort of deal. It's worth a try.

This is a great suggestion to support the brick and mortar. They may be able to cut some sort of deal. It's worth a try.

Matching the mail order price isn't doing the brick and mortar shop any favors.

Ask yourself why you feel you can use them as a resource but not pay for the convenience of trying before buying - don't ask them to sell to you like the shop with no retail overhead.

I've dealt with rockbottom. No problems. Just make sure you use a known retailer and you'll be fine. Remember the old saying. If it seems too good to be true....

When I decided to get back into the game I bought some Callaway Razr X irons on Amazon for $350.00. Then I started buying Cobra BioCell woods and hybrids from them. No issues whatsoever, all were new as advertised. The only thing I can think of being "wrong" to buy online is that you may not be getting the correct length/lie with your irons unless you have data from a fitting. Of course you can have clubs bent and/or shafts cut later on.

I've bought a number of things from RBG and, like everyone else has said, no problems.

I glanced on Amazon to see what you are seeing relative to Mizuno JPX-EZ's there as I was surprised you were seeing a $500 price for a set. I think the ones you are seeing are the prior generation EZ's . You should check out the reviews on those here as some have reported that there is a bit of a problem with shots ballooning with those clubs - the current gen doesn't have those problems. The prior generation had orange on the head while the current one is more gun metal with no color. Also, be aware that the prior gen came in forged and cast (which tend to be less expensive). I am not sure if the current gen has a cast version.

I've bought a number of things from RBG and, like everyone else has said, no problems.

I glanced on Amazon to see what you are seeing relative to Mizuno JPX-EZ's there as I was surprised you were seeing a $500 price for a set. I think the ones you are seeing are the prior generation EZ's . You should check out the reviews on those here as some have reported that there is a bit of a problem with shots ballooning with those clubs - the current gen doesn't have those problems. The prior generation had orange on the head while the current one is more gun metal with no color. Also, be aware that the prior gen came in forged and cast (which tend to be less expensive). I am not sure if the current gen has a cast version.

I had a set of the prior gen EZ's. jMN is correct ... I had issues with shots ballooning. Also, I did not realize it until later, but those irons were 1/2 inch shorter than other irons on the market. The new gen is offered in forged and cast, as well.

I would avoid the Callaway's if you're getting serious, and look into a better quality used set for the same price or cheaper

I'll echo looking at Callaway pre-owned. I've been very pleased with their products.
Another thought is Wilson Staff C100s. Great irons that you can find for super cheap now that the C200s came out. The "C" series is a tweener set but my wife (beginner) stole mine because she hits them better than her SGI clubs.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

RBG is solid. I picked up a new cart bag and some shafts a couple weeks ago on sale and got everything really quick. Have had about 15 orders with then over the years and never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Should I Buy my Irons Online?

I bought my irons from Callaway pre-owned and I didn't see a comparable deal out there. Some of these manufacturers sell cheaper versions of last years clubs, with lesser shafts and such, watch for that. I paid $150 for my X2Hot irons. They weren't like new, but they came with a guarantee and after a month of hitting range balls daily and riding in the truck it doesn't matter. I had them bent at a local shop here, which was cheap, but he hard a hard time do to the steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back