2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm such a fattie right now. Going to try to drop a little weight, but struggling to find some sort of activity that I don't hate. I should just start smoking again. Eating a bit better has begun. Shooting for 215 down to 190 or so.

Some serious congrats go out to people in here. Rhino buddy, glad to hear its working so far. Looking forward to following your progress.

Just weighed myself to start the week and only lost a pound last week. I had a feeling that was going to be an issue as diet played a large roll and I was not as active to do being chained to my desk for almost the entire week. But its still a pound and I am still heading in the right direction.

Its a new week and I have my menu planned out. Have one off day for some sushi with friends, but otherwise its pretty strict.

Go get em JB great attitude, you should be ripped by June!

I'm such a fattie right now. Going to try to drop a little weight, but struggling to find some sort of activity that I don't hate. I should just start smoking again. Eating a bit better has begun. Shooting for 215 down to 190 or so.

I gotta tell you dude, I am doing it with diet and golf. Despite what many think, golf does burn calories and changing my diet has me almost 7 lbs down already with about 15 more to go. The scariest part is you know how to cook better than most, which could make it fun.

Oh no dont go back to smoking, just keep eating good bud it will turn around.

If you haven't already, IMHO dropping all sodas and alcohols is the best way to kick-start a body recomposition plan. :)

I gotta tell you dude, I am doing it with diet and golf. Despite what many think, golf does burn calories and changing my diet has me almost 7 lbs down already with about 15 more to go. The scariest part is you know how to cook better than most, which could make it fun.

I agree with the golf thing man, that War Eagle guys said he burned 900+ calories in your round yesterday, tough to beat that.

And Erica took a bunch of dietician/nutrition classes in college. She's a goldmine of info, but you know my diet preferences. I've seen the belly increase without walking the course over recent weeks and it's getting out of control ugh.

If you haven't already, IMHO dropping all sodas and alcohols is the best way to kick-start a body recomposition plan. :)

Thinking of just cutting out the food so I can at least have the beer :D

And Erica took a bunch of dietician/nutrition classes in college. She's a goldmine of info, but you know my diet preferences. I've seen the belly increase without walking the course over recent weeks and it's getting out of control ugh.

Its good to get a handle on it now. It's tough with a pregnant wife because all they want to do is eat and its tough to resist. I know you can do it bro.

Its good to get a handle on it now. It's tough with a pregnant wife because all they want to do is eat and its tough to resist. I know you can do it bro.

No kidding, I told mine she has been no help and needs to eat in the basement from now on

I'd love to blame her lol. She is not normal though. Eats healthy and was at the gym up to 7 months pregnant.

turned my lazy sunday around with a vigorous workout in the afternoon. baby was asleep though, so i could not do all of my normal routine that i had started last week...but this was a good thing. i mixed up the workout a little bit, threw a few new things in there and man it felt great. worked up one hell of a sweat. i hate to say that i'm beginning to kinda, sorta enjoy it a little....

turned my lazy sunday around with a vigorous workout in the afternoon. baby was asleep though, so i could not do all of my normal routine that i had started last week...but this was a good thing. i mixed up the workout a little bit, threw a few new things in there and man it felt great. worked up one hell of a sweat. i hate to say that i'm beginning to kinda, sorta enjoy it a little....

It's true. I actually look forward to working out at night and if I dont, I feel like crap.

So a small group of thpers started our own little biggest loser challenge, and in just 6 days, the group of 10 lost over 41 lbs. Way to go guys

Back on track now, week 2 in the books. Not as sore as the first week which is good but still getting sore u know. Upping my protein intake and trying to eat as clean as i can. Working nights it,s hard to do but I yhink I can do it. Found a new way to do traps, farmers walk. Grab 2 dumbells and hold em by ur sides, walk a lap around the gym and put the dumbells back. WOW! does this get my traps good and it will also improve and strengthen ur grip. Using straps towards the end of the set helps with the heavier dumbbells.

Yessir! This is awesome! You can do it. I like the workout recommendatin too!

So a small group of thpers started our own little biggest loser challenge, and in just 6 days, the group of 10 lost over 41 lbs. Way to go guys

This number just made me spit out my coffee! This is INCREDIBLE!! You guys are crushing it! Way to freaking go!

kudos to you guys!

Well done everyone.

Awesome news bro! Glad it is growing on you! Nice workout too! Change is really key to keep it exciting and fresh as well as to test the muscles in new ways.

Thinking of just cutting out the food so I can at least have the beer :D

I shoot for once a week. I try not to let myself have more beers than workouts during the week. I find this is a pretty good regulator/motivator. I still get to enjoy it, but I have to work for it.

Well done everyone.

Yeah man, I busted my a$$ this week, down 11lbs, reality will set in soon, but im on the right path at least now

Yeah man, I busted my a$$ this week, down 11lbs, reality will set in soon, but im on the right path at least now

When reality sets in, you just gotta push through it. There will be weeks where you plateau and either dont lose anything or even gain. Switch it up a little bit and just keep at it. Amazing what cutting out McDonalds can do eh?

I shoot for once a week. I try not to let myself have more beers than workouts during the week. I find this is a pretty good regulator/motivator. I still get to enjoy it, but I have to work for it.

I won't lie. My immediate reaction to this was anger. I'll give it a shot just for you.

When reality sets in, you just gotta push through it. There will be weeks where you plateau and either dont lose anything or even gain. Switch it up a little bit and just keep at it. Amazing what cutting out McDonalds can do eh?

no kidding man, fast food at lunch and countless cans of pepsi no more!

The motivation from everyone involved has been awesome. Keeps me grinding, even when I dont feel like it.

Down 8.1 lbs since the start of the diet, tons of cardio, eating healthier, and just overall being more active while paying attention to my caloric intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back