Help fix my Hoofer C-1?

Rambler

Reaction score
Handicap
9.9, so 10
Sent an inquiry to Ping, as the legs on the Hoofer have too much sag for my liking. They responded back, very quickly, with specific instructions. I now feel like a complete dunce, as I cannot figure out how to follow the seemingly simple instructions provided.
Below is their response to my question: How can I fix the leg sag?
Response from Ping
The strap that covers the bag stand spring can be adjusted if legs begin to hang. Tighten the strap by pulling the webbing. This will put the legs closer to the bag body. Lift up on the buckle tab to loosen. The webbing may also be placed around the legs so that the bag is better suited as a cart bag.
Anyone with a C-1 that can point me in the right (probably extremely simple) direction?

I have a C-1 also, and I agree that those instructions make no sense :)

I've noticed the sagging leg issue on my bag, too; though it hasn't bothered me lately, since I've been using a push cart. I found some advice online about crossing the leg springs to make them tighter, so I tried it, and it seems to help. Here are before/after pics to show how it's done:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Removing the springs from the legs was easy, once I figured out the trick. Bend the spring more in the direction it's already bent, and it will be easy to slip it out of the bracket on the leg. I hope that makes sense :)

After removing the springs from the legs, twist the little clamp thingy (on the right side of the pics) 180 degrees so that the springs are oriented toward the opposite legs. You can then bend the spring to the correct angle to insert it back into the leg bracket.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1
Try youtube?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Every carry bag I have had has been adjustable by sliding the plastic bracket on the springs up or down (the piece that was flipped 180* in GaBubba's pics). Some have been so tight that a light hammer tap was needed to move it along the spring rods but I was always able to get the legs to work properly, don't get carried away or they won't deploy fully if you go to far.

I am confused by the directions they gave too, but I am not the always the sharpest tool in drawer some days.

Back