Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurry up and sell ur crappy apple

Debating audio equipment right now.

Picking up a Pioneer Elite SC95 receiver. Not sure if I want to setup a Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 (bare minimum), 7.1.2 or 7.1.4. I really don't want to pay for 2 subs :) I already own two in wall speakers I would use for the 7 speaker system. I'm also planning on installing in ceiling speakers for the Atmos. Just need to decide on the actual components now.

Anyone running an Atmos setup?

Surface pro 4 acquired thanks to 0% interest at best buy. Got everything but a case any recommendations

SP4 acquired as well. Pretty impressed so far. Had a slew of updates to get thru, initially, but it's cranking along, now. Have made a point to try the various modes, and also hand writing recognition. This will very likely replace my Samsung Note and older MBP.

Well a long ponder for me is finally over. Had a freak accident and busted my Galaxy S5 so I ended up needing to replace it. It was between the S7 Edge, LG V10, Note 5. Ended up going with the note 5 and I'm really happy so far. I thought I would have a tough time texting because of the size of the phone but it's not bad at all. It's going to take a bit to get it setup the way I want and figure out which apps I want to re-download and which ones I didn't use much.

We watched the end of The Masters at dinner tonight on my S4. I need a Note 4 if we do that again!

Power bank for phone would like to get 3 chargers, not a clue where to begin

Holy crap is the iPad Pro huge.

beb1e13cb1142d133a3ede80ca1a53af.jpg

Holy crap is the iPad Pro huge.

beb1e13cb1142d133a3ede80ca1a53af.jpg

Messed with it a lot today.
The Surface blows it out of the water to me.
Cant handle editing, doesnt run full OS, so its not a laptop replacement, but instead just an oversized iPad that does very little better than the regular counterpart, except take more money from you.

Cant handle editing, doesnt run full OS, so its not a laptop replacement, but instead just an oversized iPad that does very little better than the regular counterpart, except take more money from you.

It's an iPad with a bigger screen. Lame.

It's an iPad with a bigger screen. Lame.

If I was an artist, I could see wanting it for having the larger screen to draw when mobile. Outside of that, I cant figure it out. Why not add a full OS? I tried about a dozen programs on it and of course no full versions could run.

Talked to ddec a bit about it this weekend, but I really really really want a Surface Pro. I think I finally make that move this fall if/when all works out with Amanda's job. Love my laptop, but the Surface Pro's are just everything I could ever want/need in a more mobile package IMO.

If I was an artist, I could see wanting it for having the larger screen to draw when mobile. Outside of that, I cant figure it out. Why not add a full OS? I tried about a dozen programs on it and of course no full versions could run.

The Mrs wants one for some of the drawing and sketching she does for her shop. We've looked at them, but not sure if it's worth the purchase for what it is. It needs to be more, not just a large screen iPad you can use the pencil with.

Talked to ddec a bit about it this weekend, but I really really really want a Surface Pro. I think I finally make that move this fall if/when all works out with Amanda's job. Love my laptop, but the Surface Pro's are just everything I could ever want/need in a more mobile package IMO.
Should have asked me to get my SP4 out

For 20.00 it does now ;)

52e3b1831bc7216693566dbb774fea35.jpg

Trade the laptop in. Should still bring a decent penny.

The Mrs wants one for some of the drawing and sketching she does for her shop. We've looked at them, but not sure if it's worth the purchase for what it is. It needs to be more, not just a large screen iPad you can use the pencil with.

This was me. I really thought it was going to replace my laptop and be able to handle half of what the laptop can. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they went this route. I get the fact that it is outselling the Surface, but part of that is the new factor and who is buying them. But no hardcore user can get by with a device that has to be modded to run a regular OS. Either its consumption, in which case the iPad or Air are fine. Or its capable, in which case, people want a device to bring media to easily and edit it.

For 20.00 it does now ;)

52e3b1831bc7216693566dbb774fea35.jpg

Yes, I am aware of Modbook, but the issue is then running anything high powered. Try it and see what happens ; )

Yes, I am aware of Modbook, but the issue is then running anything high powered. Try it and see what happens ; )

Not Modbook, I am using Parallels Access. And yes, its not running anything at a decent speed.

Not Modbook, I am using Parallels Access. And yes, its not running anything at a decent speed.

I really wanted it to work. Compared to running the same programs on the Surface Pro its night and day.

I really wanted it to work. Compared to running the same programs on the Surface Pro its night and day.

I got ya and if I was putting up my own money I would go Surface. But since this one was a freebie I'm gonna run with it.

I got ya and if I was putting up my own money I would go Surface. But since this one was a freebie I'm gonna run with it.

Freebies are nice!

I tried to steal 441s surface this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back