TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Driver & Tour Driver

Oh. Ok that makes sense. I've already got it dialed in i think. So a new grip would line right up.

Iv recently put a fubuki tour 73s into my rocketballz tour all i can say is wow. mid/high launch low spin for me on the course havnt been on the monitor yet. the extra weight is helping me stay on plane. swing speed isnt an issue for me so teh extra weight is good. ( bombs away)

taylormade rocketballz white finish feels rough

taylormade rocketballz white finish feels rough

I just got a replacement rocketballz driver (my first one had a small crack in the crown) and I just noticed the white paint finish has a slightly rough feel. Almost like a very very fine sandpaper... My old driver and my 3 wood were/are so smooth they almost feel like glass when you run your hand over the finish. This one is definitely rougher and I'm just curious if anyone else has this issue or even if it is an issue at all.

I realize it's a matte finish but it just seems odd this one has such a different feel regarding the white paint. It's nothing that will bother me but I need to make sure it's not a flaw with the paint. I'm afraid if it's a flaw the paint may chip off, if it's not a flaw I'll just ignore it and enjoy my club :)

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Does anyone have the FCT chart like you can find on the R9. Like the loft changes and degree of fade and draw. I have the 9 degree tour model and I am looking for the FCT chart like this one below, but this is for the 9.5 R9.

9.5 Loft Drivers

Pos. 1 R, 2 Open, 59, 8.5, 16

Pos. 2 N-R, 1 Open, 58.5, 9.0, 10

Pos. 3 NU-R, 1 Open, 59.5, 9.0, 8

Pos. 4 N, Square, 58, 9.5, -2

Pos. 5 NU, Square, 60, 9.5, -6

Pos. 6 NU-L, 1 Closed, 59.5, 10.0, -16

Pos. 7 N-L, 1 Closed, 58.5, 10.0, -18

Pos. 8 L, 2 Closed, 59.0, 10.5, -24

Thanks,

Eric

Are these measurements the same for the 10.5?

Super excited, RBZ 9* Tour is out for delivery

Super excited, RBZ 9* Tour is out for delivery

Can't wait to get home and unbox. The real question is this. I work across the street from the driving range and can easily go hit a bucket on my lunch break. I live 20 mins away. Do I a) unbox and drive back and hit a bucket tonight or B) Wait until tomorrow and hit a bucket over lunch or C) do both?

And to add to it, this is my first new club (other than a putter when our local big box sporting goods store closed) since 99 when i bought my current Orlimar Tri-Metal driver.

haha a new toy in the house :clapp:! Heck you know you can't wait until tomorrow to hit that new puppy. Get your arse out there asap and enjoy!

I got the same driver last week and absolutely love it, best purchase Ive made.

Yeah I went to our local dealer last week and tried just about every driver from TM, Ping, Calloway and this was the clear winner. Love the look of the tour head (do no like gigantic heads). It felt great and was the longest of the bunch (topped out at 326 and had 4-5 over 300)

So I went and hit it at the range last night. When you sweet spot it you really know it. totally different sound, very satisfying meaty thud to it. Mishits about the same results as with my old tri-metal. Definitely has more distance to it overall.

Well I took it to the range over lunch (gotta love working across the street from a range) and hit a large bucket. My old tendency was back and I was coming over the top hard producing long banana's (that's what she said?). I took a 5 minute break and then decided to slow down my backswing and really concentrate on my transition. Man did that make a huge difference. Started booming stright drives with the occasional 5-10yd draw.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but can someone tell me the differences between the Tour, TP and Tour TP models. I know there are more shaft options for certain models, but that can't be the only difference, right?

So I just learned a week ago that I won a RBZ Driver from TM.

I am getting the RBZ with the 9.5 deg and stiff shaft. I currently have an R11 driver that I hit very well, but I am thinking of selling it and picking up the RBZ 3 Wood.

Here is where my questions come:

I actually like the looks of the RBZ 3 Tour better than the RBZ 3. I like deeper face and smaller head, as it appears to be a lot easier to hit off the deck.

When looking at the drivers, I actually like the looks of the RBZ over the RBZ Tour. Is it crazy to get the Tour 3 wood and the Standard driver?

Anyone game both versions of either the 3 wood or the driver (more interested in the driver comparisons) and can provide their feedback?

If I tune my 9.5 down to 8.75 degrees, I know it opens the face about 1.5 degrees. However, is that only if the club is grounded at address?

Do I get ride of the open face if simply by squaring the club face when I grip it?

Just trying to understand the adjusting.

Last edited:
If I tune my 9.5 down to 8.75 degrees, I know it opens the face about 1.5 degrees. However, is that only if the club is grounded at address?

Do I get ride of the open face if simply by squaring the club face when I grip it?

Just trying to understand the adjusting.

Anyone able to weigh in?

Hit the Tour today for awhile at GG and loved it! With 9 degree loft it was just money for me. Longer and straighter than ive ever been!! My drives were a solid 15 to sometimes 20 yards longer and straight!! Ive been fighting a slice for awhile but man the RBZ Tour was just plain straight. Loved it

Hit the Tour today for awhile at GG and loved it! With 9 degree loft it was just money for me. Longer and straighter than ive ever been!! My drives were a solid 15 to sometimes 20 yards longer and straight!! Ive been fighting a slice for awhile but man the RBZ Tour was just plain straight. Loved it
I hit everything longer and straighter at the golf store.....LOL... Doesn't the tour version have a more open face? If so wouldn't that promote your slice?

HAHA! No i dont think its that much more open. Its not just the simulator feeding me some bs because i was hitting my normal driver right before and was slicing quite a bit. Idk i like the Tour alot.

Well that's good that you had your old driver with you.

Well that's good that you had your old driver with you.
Of course, i always bring my clubs with me just in case i want to do some bs like that. I should clarify that the nearest GG or dicks or any golf store is an hour drive for me one way. Theres no "let me run home to grab my clubs" going on. Plus I had a lesson at Golftec so they were already in the car. Been pondering a new driver for awhile now and i think i may have to pull the trigger. I didnt get to try the R11 or R11s so i think i may wait till i can try those

I feel your pain I'm 2 1/2 hours away from a golf store. And that dicks.

I feel your pain I'm 2 1/2 hours away from a golf store. And that dicks.
Well least you know how I feel. Sucks you have to make a whole day out it kinda thing but whatever i guess. I wont make the drive just to whack some balls in to that stupid simulator but because Golftec is only 5 mins away from GG, my lesson days ill go in and do stuff like i did today. Theres a Dicks a little closer to me, its only 40 mins but in the opposite direction and they have some douches working at that one haha

I'm hoping the next version of this driver has the speed slot like my new RBZ Tour 3 and 5 woods. That slot may be gimmicky, but I swear I can feel it trampoline the ball.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the next version of this driver has the speed slot like my new RBZ Tour 3 wood and RBZ hybrid. That slot may be gimmicky, but I swear I can feel it trampoline the ball.

The driver can't have the slot because it would increase the COR above the regulated limit.

Back