The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. Definitely rant worthy.

I would be ranting over this as well

KOMU News just Tweeted me that our police force is going out of their way to not release info. Bystander that knows the guy said he's 99% sure it's drug related and the guy is very unstable.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Maybe there waiting on the guy to off himself????

Stay safe, JR. That is crazy, but kind of cool/entertaining in a way.

I almost ran over a thug running from the cops on Ohio State's campus when I was in school. Our off-campus housing butts up right against the hood. One second you're walking through a bunch of college housing, the next you're like "oh sh!t!" in the ghetto. Anyway, Columbus keeps a police helicopter in the air 24/7. Most nights I would see the light shining down as they were flying around from the couch in my apartment. Back then, I was a little less mature than I am now a couple years later, and many times I wondered if they could see my (smoking tool) through the huge window. Most of these times my paranoia was at a high, haha...but I degress. This particular night, when I almost plowed a guy in my car, they were flying low and the light was super bright beaming down...as I was driving I saw this to my left, coming towards me between the houses. As I am staring up at the light, next thing I know some black dude in a bath robe is running barefoot through the snow between the houses, down the hill in the front yard, and right out in front of me across the street. Not far behind were a few fat, slow, donut eating cops. In a way, I always wish I had pegged the dude instead of slamming on my breaks...I have no idea if they ever caught him, or why the hell he was running. Once they passed, I sat there for a second like "WTF just happened?" and drove off back to my apartment. Why didn't I stop? I didn't want my Taco Bell to get cold.

Stay safe, JR. That is crazy, but kind of cool/entertaining in a way.

I almost ran over a thug running from the cops on Ohio State's campus when I was in school. Our off-campus housing butts up right against the hood. One second you're walking through a bunch of college housing, the next you're like "oh sh!t!" in the ghetto. Anyway, Columbus keeps a police helicopter in the air 24/7. Most nights I would see the light shining down as they were flying around. This particular night, they were flying low and the light was super bright beaming down...as I was driving I saw this to my left, coming towards me between the houses. As I am staring up at the light, next thing I know some black dude in a bath robe is running barefoot through the snow between the houses, down the hill in the front yard, and right out in front of me. Not far behind were a few fat, slow, donut eating cops. In a way, I always wish I had pegged the dude instead of slamming on my breaks...I have no idea if they ever caught him. Once they passed, I sat there for a second like "WTF just happened?" and drove off back to my apartment. Why didn't I stop? I didn't want my Taco Bell to get cold.
Yeah you should have at least bumped the guy..

I am Tweeting this live. @JeffReedMO, if you want to follow along. I don't want to clog the rant thread with it.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

C'mon... I don't have twitter.. lol

Jeff, can you and your partner get out of there?

Bullets tend to go through walls, even when fired by law enforcement... Especially if automatic weapons are in he hands of the suspect.

I lived in the ghetto of Oakland before coming here... It was not uncommon for folk hiding in their homes to become casualties of these stand-offs.

Yeah you should have at least bumped the guy..

Hell man, if I had more time to think I probably would have...this was pure natural reaction. I was staring up at the light and as soon as I looked down at the road, some guy with dread locks wearing a bath robe is kicking the snow up as he bolts in front of my car in the street. I don't know how my car stopped so quickly in the snow when I drilled my breaks.

Jeff, can you and your partner get out of there?

Bullets tend to go through walls, even when fired by law enforcement... Especially if automatic weapons are in he hands of the suspect.

I lived in the ghetto of Oakland before coming here... It was not uncommon for folk hiding in their homes to become casualties of these stand-offs.

I'm a block away and safe. House is at the bottom of a hill. Police have blocked the street off a Alvaro Quiros drive away.

Police are mobilizing and moving foot traffic up the hill.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Hell man, if I had more time to think I probably would have...this was pure natural reaction. I was staring up at the light and as soon as I looked down at the road, some guy with dread locks wearing a bath robe is kicking the snow up as he bolts in front of my car in the street. I don't know how my car stopped so quickly in the snow when I drilled my breaks.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be. hahaha

I'm getting sick. Dangit. I hope I can still golf on Sunday.

Yeah. And I plan on staying in bed until I absolutely have to get up for work tomorrow.

Don't be late. If you aren't five minutes early, you are late.

Standoff over. NO shots fired, subject was gassed out of the residence and was detained.

I have a 10 AM tee time to rest up for.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Standoff over. NO shots fired, subject was gassed out of the residence and was detained.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Glad it all turned out okay, Jeff.

Man I hate packing...just never seems to end....And missed watching the media stuff this morning as we (work) had a circuit go out due to a fiber cut somewhere in OH we had to keep following up on all day in the midst of all my packing action. ::shakeyfist::

The air is out again, we had the air condition guys come out and they said that the dirt from the winds got in and the air conditioning froze over so the tubes are filled with frozen dirt and the house is like 85 yuck

The air is out again, we had the air condition guys come out and they said that the dirt from the winds got in and the air conditioning froze over so the tubes are filled with frozen dirt and the house is like 85 yuck

Hopefully for your sake you misunderstood and he meant the dirt clogged the condenser coils cause dirt getting in the lines with the freon is just not possible.

So, what's everyone's favorite foods? I am fond of fried chicken, mac and cheese, ribs, and burgers.

My rant is bantering in the rant thread and ranting in the banter thread.

Not to mention the endless complaining from some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<snort>

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

They should've flash banged him.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back