Adams Speedline Tech Driver Review

LOL yeah I saw some of that today playing with the able and young bodied 17 year old golfer in the house. Long knocker himself too. Its annoying those guys.

I personally don't think it's quite that bad, but it's a lot louder than most drivers on the market today.

Couldn't be LOUDER than the RBZ Tour, lol.

Great review!!!!

Not sure if this is the thread to post it or not BUT if you are contemplating getting this driver in the x-flex, you CANNOT get it in the RUL 54. Instead, Adams is offering in the x-flex:
Matrix Black Tie 70.5gm (I think this is a 3.6 torque)
Fubuki Alpha 65gm (I think this is a 3.4 torque)

So be aware. Now, is there anyone here hit either of the above shafts? My SS is 105-113 (depends on the beers I've had on the day), fast transition and I load the shaft. I am thinking the Black Tie as I had a Fubuki Tour and it had an "active" tip (or as Adams called it "soft") and for the world, I would lose the ball left with the 220+ mega draws or hooks.

Adams did say the Alpha is tip stiffer but I don't know. Any input would be appreciated, my order is on-hold pending my decision.

Last edited:
Yesterday I escaped the i95 traffic for a stop at Golfsmith and saw this driver there so I did the needful and hit the crap out of it. First, I didnt see it as too loud and I was in a hitting bay. I think its probably louder then other Adams drivers but for my 90's swing speed it wasnt too bad. I started out with this driver, then hit the 910D2, the RBZ, the Fowler, and then back to the Adams. At first the Fowler gave me the best numbers but when I hit this one a second time everything shot up and beat all the others. I came away very impressed with it. Looking at the tape I destroyed the sweet spot like I couldnt miss. Color me impressed with this one.

I went with the Black Tie 6M3 in the x-flex with the 8.5 head.

By the way, fyi, the 8.5 heads are NOT in yet so I won't get mine till about mid August. I pray I didn't get too a low spin and low launch combo. My thinking is that the head will add some spin just because it's a composite head with the carbon fiber (more spin the Fast 12 LS). I never owned a decent Matrix shaft either so the Black Tie is going to be interesting indeed.

However, I am keeping my current driver - the RBZ Tour 9* with the Harrison Eclipse and Shotmaker- man oh man, was I driving the sheeeeez out of this driver today at Harding GC, LA. I was working left and right and that Shotmaker saved my a$$ a few times. Be tough to replace this combo but I will see....can't wait!

I have some dirty thoughts about this driver every now and then. Like my last post that got ignored I hit this better then anything else that day I stopped in Golfsmith and had a shootout. It was very close between this and the Cobra AMP. Id probably go with the Adams based on a better stock shaft offering.

I have some dirty thoughts about this driver every now and then. Like my last post that got ignored I hit this better then anything else that day I stopped in Golfsmith and had a shootout. It was very close between this and the Cobra AMP. Id probably go with the Adams based on a better stock shaft offering.

Welcome to my world, Kmac lol. Are you liking it more than the LS at this point?

Which loft did you hit?

My Adams Speedline Tech Review.

My Adams Speedline Tech Review.

First off, hello to all and good to be back after having to take an 8 month layoff from a gym injury. I played my first round yesterday and played along side my buddy who has taken to Adams as I have in the past few months and I got to play his Speedline Tech for 18 holes. My review below.

slides-00.jpg

This is no joke, there is nothing more to say about this club. Grip and rip it, a 260 yard baby draw that was incredibly predictable, having hit 10 fairways my most ever in a round I set out to golfsmith sunday morning and with the help of trading a couple old clubs that didn't make the bag this year and a gift card I ended up with an even trade for a new one.

For those of you that have always struggled off the tee box but have an all around decent game around the rest of the course much like myself, pick this bad boy up. It goes and it goes straight.

If I HAD to find something wrong with it, it does sound a bit odd, but I guarantee none of your playing partners will open their mouths when they see the ball go.

Thanks for the thoughts. I love the look of this club.

Back