Driver Head Colors

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have matte and glossy. We have white and black and then every color of the rainbow with many shades of blue and red. So do you have a color you gravitate towards? Any that turn you off?

I'm open to just about any color. I love matte and glossy finishes. The only colors I may not game would be pink or yellow.

Black is always my favorite. While I like the look of my M1 if I had the option for all black I would pick that instead.

I love the way a dark glossy blue (think Callaway 815) head looks when paired with a matte black shaft with white accents. In case you couldn't tell based of my Project X.
That said the matte black head is growing on me.

Color doesn't sway me one way or another. I love a variety of colors, from the simple gloss black to the crazy blue and volt of the new Nike drivers. Overall club appearance is what does it for me, not necessarily the color.

They don't have to match but I do like it when they are in the same color family as the other covers in my bag.

The one I gravitate toward is definitely a glossy black. Prefer that traditional look. I tried white, and never liked it.

Anything but black or dark grey is a turn off and won't make it into my bag. If it's a matte finish I normally will take my buffer to it for 30 seconds and shine it up glossy.

I wouldn't say I have any particular colour that I would lean towards or shy away from, but I do prefer a plain crown over a busy one (Bridgestone J815 for example)

Blue. All freaking day every day.

acf62c094a016daa8f17bf87e7055d6d.jpg

8eb6becf0674dc96ea8fe2e7f7e65b5b.jpg

807a1c1a061ec61eb072fcff992769a0.jpg

Dark is my thing. Matte or gloss doesn't matter. Preferably with no alignment aids.

Can't say that I've gravitated towards any in particular. I'm not a huge fan of lots of graphics up top, I prefer a solid color with an alignment marker. Other than that, I can't say I'd pass up on a driver that worked for me simply due to color or finish options.

I learned from having the GBB for a short time that I'm not a fan of the flat black. I LOVE my blue Biocell and I'm really bummed that Cobra isn't giving that option on the new King. I think Cobra's color options was great for people that want to have something different and get their personal preference. I definitely know that it was not for everyone but it was something different.

I learned from having the GBB for a short time that I'm not a fan of the flat black. I LOVE my blue Biocell and I'm really bummed that Cobra isn't giving that option on the new King. I think Cobra's color options was great for people that want to have something different and get their personal preference. I definitely know that it was not for everyone but it was something different.

Keep in mind that the current model being shown and out is the King LTD, meaning limited.
I have a feeling you will be fine.

Dark glossy is my preference really.

Pretty much anything but white. Can't stand the white club heads

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I will play any color driver or FW as long as it is black. Nothing flashy or distracting and minimal decals.

Anything that is matte black or gray is a major turnoff to me. The only glossy colors I stay away from are red and silvers. Pretty much everything else is good to go. My preferred colors are Blue, Black, and Orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like black, never hit a white driver.
Matte or gloss doesn't seem to matter to me. I have a Blue BioCell and colors don't bother me.

As long as I have a feeling I can predict where the ball is going I don't care

I'm pretty open but one of my favorites was the dual color of the Bio Cell plus head, just a really good looking club with a good number of color options.

I like the white and or black the most, but in the end the head shape is more important to me than color.

I'll play whatever works but if given the choice I like matte white.

I'm playing a pretty hideous green driver right now. but I prefer matte black. k.i.s.s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back